MW2 will not play

Discus and support MW2 will not play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased MW2 from Walmart. I have installed content packs 1-6 and the COD game, when trying to play MW2 it says I need to purchase the game again in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rickieq, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Rickieq
    Rickieq Guest

MW2 will not play

I purchased MW2 from Walmart. I have installed content packs 1-6 and the COD game, when trying to play MW2 it says I need to purchase the game again in order to play even though I already have the disc inserted and installed. Any ideas on how to fix. I shouldn’t have to pay for the digital version if I already purchased the disc version.

:)

Rickieq, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

MW2 will not play

Hello Rickieq,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing challenges in playing MW2. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve the problem in a timely manner. If we need to reach out the game developer, we will help you how to get there.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the game's license. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that your console is connected to the internet and that you are signed in to your Xbox Live account.

2. Check to see if there are any updates available for the game. If there are, install them and try launching the game again.

3. Try clearing your console's cache. To do this, press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds. Once the console has turned off, unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Then, plug the power cord back in and turn the console on.

Additionally, we have found an official article from the game developer support team that provide the instruction on how to install the disc game. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II requires a Day One update in order to play the game. After the installation is complete, launch the game to prompt the update.

You can find it here: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Installation and Setup (activision.com)

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Tomm_A Win User

MW2 will not play

Hello Rickieq,

Thank you for the information provided.

It seems that the issue is on the specific disc because other disc game works just fine. It is good that you have successfully transferred your game from Xbox One to Xbox Series X through network transfer.

For issue with your game disc, you may reach out to the game support team by submitting a ticket. You can click the link below to submit a ticket: Support Options | Activision Support

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

5. Spud 72 Win User

MW3

[quote user="A Proud *** Man"]

MW3 looks just like MW2..........

I haven't seen any actual gameplay footage, but I'm guessing that it's going to look like a re-skinned version of MW2.

I was actually excited for a minute, but I went back to playing MW2 and realized that the trailer looks just like the game I was playing.

[/quote]
    What's wrong with how MW2 looks? Looking like MW2 isn't necessarily a bad thing. Playing like MW2... now that would be a problem imo.
  6. Marwood II 87 Win User

-Spoilers- Multiplayer Map Preview Videos! Thoughts?

CoD4 had good maps, MW2 made the game rubbish, if MW2 had CoD4's maps then I'd still be playing MW2 now
Thema:

MW2 will not play

1. MW2 will not play - Similar Threads - MW2 play

2. Since I've updated to MW3, I can play it BUT no more access to MW2 nor Warzone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since I've updated to MW3, I can play it BUT no more access to MW2 nor Warzone...: When I try to join mw2 or warzone, it stays on "looking for updates" then I have to close and relaunch the game to access mw3. I appreciate that one but I'm far to be finished with others......
  3. I buy games such as MW2 and play the campaign. I find that I am playing multiplayer when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I buy games such as MW2 and play the campaign. I find that I am playing multiplayer when I...: I have tried to enter single player mode on MW2.campsign. For some reason it insist I buy a version at £69. If I already have it on Warzone 2.why? fd585c01-e7e5-4877-8b2e-c9d1f909081b
  4. Cant play COD MW2 Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play COD MW2 Multiplayer: Keep getting the error, "You are missing one or more Multiplayer DLC packs. Please download and install." I have restarted my computer. I have uninstalled and re-installed, twice. I play on...
  5. I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on...: I just got my series x and i tried downloading mw2 worked fine but when i try to play on multiplayer it tells me to buy the game again What’s the problem? 3c93823c-3c86-4e64-94e7-72d1feb1bd43
  6. My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons: My game play on MW2 DMZ on XBox won’t allow me to load my insured weapons in my slots I go onto DMZ without my weapons. 38403e18-dd65-4042-b865-ac6c406a5176
  7. I can't connect to xbox 360 live on my xbox one. Trying to play mw2. Can any one help sort this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't connect to xbox 360 live on my xbox one. Trying to play mw2. Can any one help sort this: So I have been playing modern warfare 2 on xbox one. As it is backwards compatible. I can't connect to the xbox live to play it. I done a fee things like reset console, router. Done a full console...
  8. Why doesn’t the digital mw2 let me play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t the digital mw2 let me play: I’ve had the digital version of this game since season 2 and it’s worked decently well on letting me start the game but now once I get to the press a to start screen and i click a it gives me a...
  9. I bought mw2 for my xbox one why can't I play it on my series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought mw2 for my xbox one why can't I play it on my series s: I buy Modern Warfare 2 for my Xbox One and I switched to a series s and now I can't play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer or campaign it's trying to make me rebuy it 19998a3c-864e-4f70-8ebd-3d40454c5f49
  10. I have had the cod mw2/warzone2 and my sibling reset my xbox and it made it so i cant play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have had the cod mw2/warzone2 and my sibling reset my xbox and it made it so i cant play...: I have had the cod mw2/warzone2 and my sibling reset my xbox and it made it so i cant play multiplayer or campaign. a1403389-5fa7-4182-9180-3f7a5fcc8385