MW 2 digital Disc Read Error

Discus and support MW 2 digital Disc Read Error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey ever I keep getting this error when I load COD “ Disc Read error [8.7]: frontend_ui: ff” Previously MW2 had force quit and deleted itself from my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Victor Houston, Oct 5, 2023.

1. MW 2 digital Disc Read Error

Hey ever I keep getting this error when I load COD

“ Disc Read error [8.7]: frontend_ui: ff”

Previously MW2 had force quit and deleted itself from my Xbox, I reinstalled it, and have played a few times, but after this most recent update this started happening.

Any thoughts?

:)

Victor Houston, Oct 5, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Victor H! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I have knowledge of this problem, and it is mostly due to problems in the Installation directory, corrupt files may be the main cause of this problem.

To start the process, first select the client game, then go to the game settings and click “Scan and Repair”. This will start a process in which the client will check the folder for all installed files and then automatically repair any files that may be corrupted.

Also, from the research I did, and some articles found on the internet I could see that Reinstalling Modern Warfare 2 can solve this problem, and it has worked for many users.

To obtain additional information, you can enter the following link:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/modern-warfare-2-disc-read-error-how-fix-possible-reasons

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. JoeDoris Win User

Modern Warfare Disc read error

Yeh i have the digital copy that i bought from xbox live... So it says disc read error....but i have no disc to read lmao
  4. Irixion Win User

Strange purple lines on disc

This is not necessarily true. If there isn't any vital information on the damaged portion of the disc, (such as audio), then the game loads. However if the console detects a problem reading a disc, it halts to prevent damage to the disc or the console, which
    is why you get errors telling you that the disc is damaged. Unlike DVDs, which the DVD player retries the read, and why you get corrupted and choppy video--because it's digitally trying to fill what it cannot read. So, _most_ of the time, the error will halt
    the reading process. So it's not fixing the error, you're just not using that information.
  5. Cj Metz Win User

Bought Xbox live tonight but can't play any games with it any help would be awesome ty

I own mw 2 digital and I did everything you said still the same
  6. Frishy_boi Win User

Why can't I load MW 2018.

Hi geri

It didn't ask me to re-buy modern warfare, it only offered me modern warfare 2 as i hadnt bought MW2 i only have MW And I only got the disc for MW And the game case for it I never thought of MW2 before this. And on the game disc forMW it offered me MW2 or warezone I can't find anything on MW or its campaign on the disc.
Thema:

1. MW 2 digital Disc Read Error - Similar Threads - digital Disc Read

2. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  3. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  4. Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -: Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy - disc doesn’t want to finish downloading so I bough 1 in the Xbox store and does exactly the same thing stops at...
  5. Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?

in XboX Insiders
    Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?: I bought the Fallout 3 add-on pack Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Its been a a hundred years since I have been gaming so I didnt think about the fact that of course I needed the original Fallout...
  6. If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?: I ordered ufc 5 disc and while waiting for it to arrive I downloaded the game to my Xbox and was wanting to know if I can then use the disc version of the game to verify and be able to play the...
  7. Can't play Call Of Duty Black Ops3 Disc or Digital Version on my Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Call Of Duty Black Ops3 Disc or Digital Version on my Xbox One S: My Original Xbox One power supply died and I was told you can't get them anymore! So I purchased an Xbox One S Pre Owned and can't play Call of Duty Black Ops 3. But I could on my Original Xbox...
  8. Convert disc to digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Convert disc to digital game: Ive had my series S for 2 years and I've always wanted to play Forza Motorsport 7 on it but i only have to the disc for the game so i did not want to buy another copy , am i able to convert the...
  9. i bought a digital xbox one s today without realizing it had no disc slot. could i use a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought a digital xbox one s today without realizing it had no disc slot. could i use a...: could i use a dvd or a cd player as a disc slot? d81bdc92-b196-43b9-bbbb-680ddf72fab1
  10. Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...: the title sums it up pretty much. after a local multiplayer match ends, the game tries to go back to the match settings screen but crashes afterwards giving the error message “The disc is...