Mute light on headset

Discus and support Mute light on headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headset has stopped working because the mute function on my headset is always lit up with no way to turn it off. I've seen a couple other people on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by G0MEZ 1337, Jan 7, 2014.

1. G0MEZ 1337
    G0MEZ 1337 Guest

Mute light on headset

My headset has stopped working because the mute function on my headset is always lit up with no way to turn it off. I've seen a couple other people on here with the same issue and from what I've seen there's no known cause or fix for this so I was just
    hoping that someone has recently made a breakthrough because this system is absolutely useless to me if I can't talk to my friends and I refuse to dump another 20 dollars for a new headset or wait months to get a replacement.

:)

G0MEZ 1337, Jan 7, 2014
  2. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    headset not working

Red light or Amber on mute? I have no problems with my headset, but when I mute the light is Amber.

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Jan 7, 2014
  3. madcaliban
    madcaliban Guest
    Controller update broke all headset functionality on day one controller

is the mute light on the adapter and standard headset on? This is currently my issue.

madcaliban, Jan 7, 2014
  4. J.R.G. Win User

headset not working

Red light or Amber on mute? I have no problems with my headset, but when I mute the light is Amber.

Peace, J.R.
  5. DARTH DINOBOT Win User

Xbox One Mic Stuck on mute?

My headset's mute button light was permanently on and the headset would not work at all. I then checked the update controller option within system settings (headset was attached) and a new update was found which I installed. However the headset still dose
    not work and mute light is stuck to flashing / blinking all the time.

The light even flashes when the console and controller are off and and is connected via the USB cable.
  6. madcaliban Win User

Controller update broke all headset functionality on day one controller

is the mute light on the adapter and standard headset on? This is currently my issue.
  7. CGilb Win User

Hearing players through my tv, but my headset is plugged in.

If the headset is plugged in, you should hear sound through the headset. When you have the headset plugged in, click the mute button on the headset adapter. Does an orange light illuminate on the mute button when you press it? If not, you may not have the
    adapter inserted all the way in.
  8. Rolfee Win User

Party chat not working unable to chat with friends

Hi in4mis - when you plugged in your headset, if you press the "mute" button, does it light up?
Thema:

Mute light on headset

1. Mute light on headset - Similar Threads - Mute light headset

2. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  3. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  4. Party chat for a mute

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat for a mute: I play on series x with a keyboard attached for faster xbox messaging because i am unable to speak with a disability. In party chat i use text to speech and it is a huge benefit. MY question is,...
  5. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  6. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  7. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  8. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...
  9. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  10. Xbox adapter microphone light stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox adapter microphone light stuck on mute: Even when my xbox one console is off the yellow mute light on the headset adapter on my controller stays on... This just started happening, I checked for updates for my controller and their are...