Music streaming from PC to XBOX sometimes plays at a very slow speed. Help?

Discus and support Music streaming from PC to XBOX sometimes plays at a very slow speed. Help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a weird issue. For some reason, some music that I stream from my PC to my XBOX plays as if it's been slowed down to a 1/10 it's normal speed.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SchecterD6, Jan 14, 2014.

1. SchecterD6
    SchecterD6 Guest

This is a weird issue. For some reason, some music that I stream from my PC to my XBOX plays as if it's been slowed down to a 1/10 it's normal speed. The vocals and everything are pitched down, etc...

This doesn't occur on all of my MP3's, but if the MP3 does have the issue, it always plays slowly. Sometimes it's an entire album's worth of MP3's, sometimes it's just one MP3 in an album. I'll provide some examples:

Keoki's DJmixed.com album: Always played slowed down. I tried removing it from my external hard drive and put it back on there then reloading it into Windows Media Player. Still played slowly. I totally deleted the album, ripped it again and put it back
    on my hard drive, now it plays at normal speed.

Dust Brothers - Fight Club Soundtrack - Always plays slowly. The entire album...

Nine Inch Nails - Entire album played fine except the track Find My Way, which played slowly.

I have searched and searched for anyone experiencing anything similar and have had no luck. I've also posted in numerous forums looking for answers and have had no luck.

Has anyone had any experiences like this? I really don't know what to do.

The XBOX and my PC are connected to the all-in-one router/modem unit via ethernet cables (no wifi connection). The MP3's are located on a Seagate external hard drive.

:)

SchecterD6, Jan 14, 2014
  2. topcover22
    topcover22 Guest
    Consule sees PC, Won't Play Music

Hey Everyone! Happy Holidays!

Issue: XBOX sees PC. WON'T PLAY MUSIC CORRECTLY.

PC Setup: Windows XP SP3; Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145

What Works: XBox can see my PC.

XBox plays Videos fine.

XBox displays Photos fine

XBox can see the MP3 files.

PC plays MP3 files fine.

What Fails: Won't play some files at all. Simply "hangs"

Plays some music but completely distorted, slow speed. weird sounding.

Installed Add-Ons: Optional Media Update

Any ideas?

topcover22, Jan 14, 2014
  3. WitcherXIII
    WitcherXIII Guest
    Slow connection

Hi,

My download speed on XBL is really slow causing lag and well slow download speed. It's fine on PC. It's been like this for days.

And sometimes I can't even sign in from slow connection speed. (It's Ethernet connection)

WitcherXIII, Jan 14, 2014
  4. xZDx Alpha
    xZDx Alpha Guest

I had the same issue awhile back. It was actually a software issue on my PC. First I tried deleting windows media player and re installing the newest version. That seemed to help a little bit. Soon found out it was my disc drive. Since I have replaced it
    I have had no problems. Don't know if it will help ya but might give ya a place to start looking. Best of luck.

xZDx Alpha, Feb 4, 2014
  5. SchecterD6
    SchecterD6 Guest
    Thanks for your response. I wonder if it has to do with my external hard drive...

SchecterD6, Feb 6, 2014
  6. If re-ripping the album fixes the error--as pointed out in your initial post--then your solution should be pretty clear.

It could be many issues ranging from insufficient processing power to network congestion to DRM to CoDecs. I suggest you post this in the appropriate forum (08
    - Xbox Music, Xbox Video & Apps on Xbox 360
    ) and you may get a quicker response.

VisageOfAnAngel, Oct 31, 2018
  7. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

If re-ripping the album fixes the error--as pointed out in your initial post--then your solution should be pretty clear.

It could be many issues ranging from insufficient processing power to network congestion to DRM to CoDecs. I suggest you post this in the appropriate forum (08
    - Xbox Music, Xbox Video & Apps on Xbox 360
    ) and you may get a quicker response.
  8. SchecterD6 Win User

Thanks for your response. I wonder if it has to do with my external hard drive...
  9. xZDx Alpha Win User

I had the same issue awhile back. It was actually a software issue on my PC. First I tried deleting windows media player and re installing the newest version. That seemed to help a little bit. Soon found out it was my disc drive. Since I have replaced it
    I have had no problems. Don't know if it will help ya but might give ya a place to start looking. Best of luck.
  10. airmattdog Win User

RT 8.1 Music?. Limited 'streaming' from one PC to my Surface?

My guess is that you're not actually streaming the music from your PC, but you're rather streaming it from the Xbox Music catalog.
  11. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Games downloading at very slow speed.

Please check the troubleshooting steps for slow downloads here: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...eshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one

Also be aware, that if you are playing an online game, or streaming a video, the Xbox automatically throttles the download in the background to give you more bandwidth for your actual game you're playing or video you're watching.

Additionally, sometimes the console verifies parts of the download and unpacks them, and depending on what else your hard drive is doing, that verification and unpacking can take some time, during which the console is not actually downloading from the net,
    "confusing" the download speed indicator, as nothing is downloading currently, and it shows "slower" download speeds, as there is no new data incoming.

Is that slow download speed specific to CoD or are other downloads also slow?
Thema:

1. Music streaming from PC to XBOX sometimes plays at a very slow speed. Help? - Similar Threads - Music streaming sometimes

2. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  3. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  4. More streaming and music features

in XboX Insiders
    More streaming and music features: I'm playing xbox for few years now and i think it would be great to get more streaming features like tik tok or youtube. In Addition, there would be new music player like amz music (amazon music)...
  5. Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?: I have my Xbox Series X in our game room connected to an AVR (tuner/amp) and on the same LAN as my Windows 11 PC, which is set up as a DLNA media server (music is accessible to other...
  6. Xbox Twitch Stream WITH Music??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Twitch Stream WITH Music??: Nowhere I've looked seems to have a good answer, so I'll ask here and see. Does anyone know how to stream Twitch broadcasts from your Xbox AND get music to play on the stream? I get that Xbox must...
  7. Can't stream music from android

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't stream music from android: I have always been able to stream music from my phone to my xbox one console using the stannard Samsung music app and the groove music app on my xbox. Recently groove received an update and now it...
  8. How is work? the music in the background when stream

in XBoX on Consoles
    How is work? the music in the background when stream: what about if i put some music with the xbox one player vua USB in the background it will cover the stream game sound or that stream game mute problem? Any one try it or any one can tell me how it...
  9. Issues with copyright and not being able to stream music-Groove Music Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with copyright and not being able to stream music-Groove Music Pass: I am suddenly seeing (as of the past couple months) when artists I follow post new music it is labeled as unavailable on groove music streaming pass. And this is happening with a lot of the...
  10. Trying to get my amazon prime music account to stream on my xbox. I need adobe flash player. ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to get my amazon prime music account to stream on my xbox. I need adobe flash player. ...: I need to figure out a loop hole to be able to download the adobe flash player onto my xbox one in order to listen to my amazon prime music. I can watch the shows through the Amazon Video app but...