multiple games on pc gamepass missing multiplayer

Discus and support multiple games on pc gamepass missing multiplayer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Im on pc using the pc gamepass, multiple games i installed lack their multiplayer functionality. This includes deep rock galactic, no mans sky, monster... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hamza El Bialy, Sep 20, 2023.

1. multiple games on pc gamepass missing multiplayer

Im on pc using the pc gamepass, multiple games i installed lack their multiplayer functionality. This includes deep rock galactic, no mans sky, monster hunter rise, which are the only multiplayer games i have installed that actually run on the xbox app which means this will stay true for every other xbox app multiplayer game. Games that use an external application like rainbow six siege on the ubisoft connect app access multiplayer just fine. I already have game captures and creations both set to everyone in my privacy settings.

:)

Hamza El Bialy, Sep 20, 2023
  2. Hamza El Bialy Win User

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have everything in that section allowed already. I have a suspicion it may be related to my region or the way the internet works in my region. Do you have a way to check that?

Edit: i installed payday 3 because my friend told me it worked for them and it is working multiplayer just fine, But no other games work besides that. I now have no idea what the problem might be.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Hamza El Bialy,

Thanks for update and sorry for the late response.

Since you have stated you are able to set up the game settings for multiplayer. If you mean you can access the account privacy, then you do not have to be part of Microsoft Family and be managed by an adult. However, on the same account privacy, you should be able to allow multiplayer to your account.

For this case, we are trying to figure out, what is the error message or issue you are getting when you try to access multiplayer for these games (Deep Rock Galactic, No Man's sky, Monster Hunter Rise)? Is it related to NAT Type or privacy or issue with network? Please provide us a sample screenshot and conceal your gamertag, full name and email address (if there's any).

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

4. Hamza El Bialy Win User

Hi, dont worry thanks for the reply, i have multiplayer enabled in my account settings

I am not getting an error message, instead im just not allowed to join players but the game has access to the multiplayer. Like for no mans sky with multiplayer enabled u should be able to see players on the space anomaly and interact with them, i have multiplayer enabled but ive never been able to join a player, i dont get any error message or anything it just says matchmaking in the bottom left corner but doesnt let anyone join, However im able to see player creations so i can see player bases and such, just not actual players, i have access to player creations not the players themselves. For deep rock galactic, i can see a lobby and the players inside said lobby but when i press join it stays on the joining screen and does nothing, also no error code. The only game i get an error code is monster hunter when i press create or join lobby, as seen below
    [​IMG]

I am not sure if its a problem with the NAT type or an issue with the network but multiplayer games work just fine on other launchers like steam and epic games if that helps.
  5. Hamza El Bialy Win User

I apologize for the late reply i didnt see the notification. Im not sure where or how the gamepass should be visible under my name on the xbox app so i will provide a screenshot.

[​IMG]

For the error message; in no mans sky it just never lets me join any person like theres a multiplayer hub in the game called the anomaly and its supposed to always be full of people but whenever i enter its always empty so ive never seen any other player in the game; in deep rock galactic the invite friends button doesnt pull up any menu or anything it just doesnt work and whenever i press on a lobby to join it says joining and stays like that indefinitely never letting me join; monster hunter does give me an error code when i try to join a lobby which is [MR-135-9f (677) ].

I turned off all of these and it didnt affect anything.

Im using windows 11.

EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Hamza El Bialy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to play with your multiplayer games on PC. However, all you were unable use the multiplayer functionality of your game pass. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Before we proceed, we would like to ask if you can see your Xbox Game Pass subscription written under your name on Xbox app? If no, that means your Xbox app is not reading any subscription related to your account and that is why you can't play in multiplayer mode.

For your multiplayer mode issue, can we ask for the error messages you are getting on each game?

Turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer (or something like game accelerator). These apps might hinder you to communicate with the game's server.

Aside from those three things you need to check, may we know if you are using Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC? Xbox Network shows in your game that will indicate if you require to perform any troubleshooting. Let us know the details.

We look forward to your update.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. multiple games on pc gamepass missing multiplayer - Similar Threads - multiple games gamepass

2. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  3. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  4. Consistent issues with saving in multiple games

in XboX Insiders
    Consistent issues with saving in multiple games: I’ve been sending error reports about this issue for a long time now and have read a lot of people having the exact same issue, so I’ll try posting here. Many games on Xbox Series S are having...
  5. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  6. I have 524.5GBS of Games installed multiple times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 524.5GBS of Games installed multiple times.: [img] Idk what happened but im kinda running out of storage, i went into Geforce experience and saw my games multiple times. then i just navigated to the folder and this is what im up to now....
  7. How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?: So I purchased the Forza Horizon 5 Xbox series X edition for Christmas. My fiance went through full set up yesterday and enjoyed playing his game! I was also kind of excited to play around with...
  8. Xbox game sharing and multiple people

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing and multiple people: Alright. me and a friend got into a random discussion about game sharing and how it works and I'm wondering which one of us are right? the thing I brought up was, 'an account only can share with...
  9. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  10. Multiple Games on Xbox Gamepass PC get stuck at "Signing in" but others do not

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Games on Xbox Gamepass PC get stuck at "Signing in" but others do not: The games that get stuck at the sign in screen are Yakuza 0 and Exoprimal. I've tried every fix I could find on the internet with none of them fixing the problem....