Multiple Games & Apps are saying "Not ready yet; needs to finish installing" and cannot be...

Discus and support Multiple Games & Apps are saying "Not ready yet; needs to finish installing" and cannot be... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Im on an Xbox One X, which has no prior history of any breakages, glitches or problems at all. On Friday the 20th of March last week Sekiro: Shadows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FredPrice4, Mar 26, 2020.

1. FredPrice4
    FredPrice4 Guest

Multiple Games & Apps are saying "Not ready yet; needs to finish installing" and cannot be...

Im on an Xbox One X, which has no prior history of any breakages, glitches or problems at all. On Friday the 20th of March last week Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, started acting up, it was freezing and stuttering during gameplay, loading screens became interminable,
    just the day before when everything was fine I would have been surprised to see a loading screen last longer than 15-20 seconds in this game, but all of a sudden they could go on for 5-10 minutes. Eventually I got stuck in one loading screen that lasted a
    full half an hour before I gave up and went over to Youtube. Later that day when I tried to go back to the game it would not load, and the message as stated in the title appeared. I tried again and again, it kept on happening.

On Monday I uninstalled the game, and tried to reinstall it. The same message appeared. I have tried again and again and again, the same message every time.

After it had started happening to Sekiro, it began to happen to the Films & TV apps and Twitch apps.

I have spent plenty of time with all of them and I have never had any problems like this before.

:)

FredPrice4, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Bowenac Win User

Booting back to dashboard? Do games actually install?

Wow I understand some on here may be 12 but... No I didn't try to play the game with the disk out... I just took the game out while I played another game to let the game finish installing.

</br>

I was just explaining the disk does not need to stay in to continue the install once it says ready to install.

</br>

Of course the disk needs to be in to play. But once the game gets to 51% and says ready to install, or ready to play that just means it has saved all of the required files for the install and will continue installing while you play. That was the issue I
    was having as parts of the game were not installed yet. Once the game fully installed I haven't had any issues booting back to dashboard.

</br>

IB said the disk needs to stay in to install, that is not the case. I even talked to Microsoft about it. They said once it says ready to install it has all of the required files to perform the install and the disk can be removed. I tested it and took the
    disk out, and watched the game in my games and apps and it continued to install just fine.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

xbox one games on xbox series x needs to be updated online before play

i have a Xbox series x and i don't want to to use Xbox network and i got Xbox one games

and when i installed them offline and once they finished installing them offline and launching them say (THIS GAMES NOT READY YET GO ONLINE FINISH INSTALLING IT) I WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE WHATEVER IT IS STOP FORCING PEOPLE TO GO ON TO XBOX NETWORK
    A lot of games these days have online updates, even for offline disc games. Sounds to me like that game needs to download something else to finish working. Which game is it?
  4. Dkesh87 Win User

Game download status keeps disappearing

even i have the same problem....i had few 360 and xbox one games updates pending and it was paused. Now after the new fall update i dont see them in queue, i have to go to store to install then it disappears after system restart. strange thing is i am unable
    to open bf1 and for honor it says " not ready yet battlefield 1 needs to finish installing or show ready to install before you can launch it ( 0x80270300)...
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Not seeing downloaded game

try looking for it in your games and apps, either in the installed games section or the ready to install. Make sure you are also logged in with the same account that was used to redeem the code.

If you still cannot find it, then search for it in the store, if it says install, then select it to install. If it says play, then select it to play.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

2k23 will not fully download

If you're playing the game, it cannot update. Don't start the game when it says ready to start, leave it until it's finished
Thema:

1. Multiple Games & Apps are saying "Not ready yet; needs to finish installing" and cannot be... - Similar Threads - Multiple Games Apps

2. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  3. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  4. Consistent issues with saving in multiple games

in XboX Insiders
    Consistent issues with saving in multiple games: I’ve been sending error reports about this issue for a long time now and have read a lot of people having the exact same issue, so I’ll try posting here. Many games on Xbox Series S are having...
  5. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  6. I have 524.5GBS of Games installed multiple times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 524.5GBS of Games installed multiple times.: [img] Idk what happened but im kinda running out of storage, i went into Geforce experience and saw my games multiple times. then i just navigated to the folder and this is what im up to now....
  7. How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?: So I purchased the Forza Horizon 5 Xbox series X edition for Christmas. My fiance went through full set up yesterday and enjoyed playing his game! I was also kind of excited to play around with...
  8. Xbox game sharing and multiple people

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing and multiple people: Alright. me and a friend got into a random discussion about game sharing and how it works and I'm wondering which one of us are right? the thing I brought up was, 'an account only can share with...
  9. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  10. Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app: Hello, I have the app installed through the "Microsoft Store", on Windows 11 (v22H2, OS Build 22621.2428). I've tried to remedy the below by uninstalling / reinstalling, but no change. 1/...