Multiplayer Profile setup to allow online gaming

Discus and support Multiplayer Profile setup to allow online gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello, we are trying to join a Multiplayer game (Terraria). My son can see his friend popup and his friend shows up in the Terraria player list. he... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SwagTaco974, Jan 10, 2014.

1. SwagTaco974
    SwagTaco974 Guest

hello, we are trying to join a Multiplayer game (Terraria). My son can see his friend popup and his friend shows up in the Terraria player list. he selects the player and tries to start game. He gets a error 'can't start game due to one gamer profile
    is not set for multiplayer' (or something like that). My son plays Minecraft mutliplayer all the time with his friends. We have a Gold acct. Is the issue his friend? he see his friend on-line, leaving, joining, etc BUT maybe his friend does not
    have his profile set corrrectly? Thanks!!!

:)

SwagTaco974, Jan 10, 2014
  2. Can't play multi-player minecraft xbox one

We're having the same problems. My daughter used to have her own gold account, but is now setup under family. Her privacy settings are set to allow online multiplayer gaming.

Toad-74C3B705-694F-4A02-BDA9-A0F747301CFF, Jan 10, 2014
  3. chilli1327
    chilli1327 Guest
    Why do I need to have an online profile when I'm offline?

First you need an online profile to be able to play multiplayer.

Also some games, the newer ones, only allow online play.

But most will allow you to create an offline profile.

chilli1327, Jan 10, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

Get him to check that his friend has an xbox live gold account. If they don't then that will be why they cannot play together.

sniffles x, Jan 10, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: