Multiplayer function in Minecraft Java for PC is unavailable

Discus and support Multiplayer function in Minecraft Java for PC is unavailable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I boot up Minecraft java and it takes me to the menu, the multiplayer and realm function never seems to work. I have watched countless videos... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by airfryer ㅤ, Aug 25, 2023.

1. airfryer ㅤ
    airfryer ㅤ Guest

Whenever I boot up Minecraft java and it takes me to the menu, the multiplayer and realm function never seems to work. I have watched countless videos that take me through a variety of steps in order to activate the multiplayer function in Minecraft and yet when I repeat these steps, the function still doesn't work for me. How can I fix this issue

:)

airfryer ㅤ, Aug 25, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello airfryer ㅤ,

Good to know that it is working now and thank you for sharing the method you perform to fix issue. This will be helpful with the rest of the community member who may encounter this type of issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

We value your feedback, click Yes or No to help us improve the support experience.

Voting responses will also be beneficial to more Community members reading here.
  3. airfryer ㅤ Win User

Sorry for the late reply but thank you very much CarTzy. Turning off my firewall has enabled the multiplayer function. Once again thank you for your help
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello airfryer ,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you're having trouble with the multiplayer function in Minecraft Java for PC. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it may prevent you from accessing the multiplayer function.

2. Check if your firewall or antivirus software is blocking Minecraft's access to the internet. You can try temporarily disabling your firewall or antivirus software to see if this resolves the issue.

3. Ensure that you have the latest version of Minecraft installed. You can check for updates by going to the Minecraft launcher and clicking on "Options" > "Force update".

4. Try resetting your network settings. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Network & Internet" > "Status" > "Network reset".

5. If none of the above steps work, you can try reinstalling Minecraft. Make sure to backup your game saves before doing so.

If all troubleshooting steps doesn't work, please contact Minecraft Support.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Minecraft java multiplayer unavailable

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Sign in with your account at Xbox.com, then click your profile icon in the top right of the page.

- From the dropdown click the three dots and then Xbox Settings.

-That will take you to a page that has your Privacy & Online Safety Settings, from there you can toggle everything to 'Allow'.

If you're getting a page that you can't change those settings then it means you're on a child account. Microsoft considers all accounts below 21 years as child accounts and the privacy settings page in inaccessible for them by default.

To change your privacy settings you'll need a parent/adult account. They'll need to add you to their family group as "Member", then go into that page and enable those settings for you.

The details are outlined here under the "Manage settings on Xbox.com" tab and "Manage a member's online safety and privacy settings" sub-tab.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Minecraft: Java Edition not being available to be even though I already had Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, why?

Hello Mr B, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I understand your confusion and frustration regarding the multiplayer access in Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition. Let's clarify the situation:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition have different multiplayer requirements:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition (the version available on Xbox) typically requires an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to access multiplayer features. Xbox Live Gold provides online multiplayer functionality for Xbox games, including Minecraft: Bedrock edition.

Minecraft: Java edition, on the other hand, does not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription or any specific subscription to play multiplayer. Minecraft: Java edition has its own multiplayer system that operates independently of Xbox Live.

Regarding your previous ability to play Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer without a subscription, it's possible that during the period when you had the Ultimate Game Pass, it provided access to Minecraft: Java edition's multiplayer features as a part of its benefits. However, once your Ultimate Game Pass subscription ended, you no longer had access to Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer unless you have an active subscription or purchase the game separately.

It's important to note that subscription requirements and benefits can change over time, and specific promotions or offers may have been available during certain periods.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with your Xbox subscriptions, keep me posted please.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again
Thema:

1. Multiplayer function in Minecraft Java for PC is unavailable - Similar Threads - Multiplayer function Minecraft

2. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  3. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  4. my bedrock multiplayer is working but when i load up java it says "multiplayer is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my bedrock multiplayer is working but when i load up java it says "multiplayer is...: my bedrock multiplayer is working but when i load up java it says "multiplayer is disabled.please check your mircosoft account settings b6a3d664-f609-4eed-a791-abd29e3020b4
  5. How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??: I've tried everything recommended, linked my account, enabled the settings on the Xbox site, yet I still can't e18fcb1e-4324-4cfa-b632-fc125b69b40e
  6. play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles

in XBoX on Windows
    play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles: In my house there is 2 Xbox one consoles and 1 pc. I wish to play the same game multiplayer with the 2 Xbox consoles. I have Gamepass ultimate on my account. I am the only adult. I own the game...
  7. multiplayer with friends on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    multiplayer with friends on minecraft: I'm trying to play multiplayer minecraft with my friends on xbox one and it says I can't because of how my microsoft account is set up. I went through everything I could find to fix it, my...
  8. I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I: i literally cant play my xbox because an account on my phone got perma banned.. i didnt even say anything mean. I was playing siege and someone messaged me criticzing how i played. And i replied...
  9. Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC: I want to buy Minecraft on my PC to play online with my friends but I don't know if the Multiplayer function on PC is free or costs extra money. Also, I already own Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...
  10. Minecraft multiplayer not functioning.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft multiplayer not functioning.: I migrated my Minecraft account to Microsoft almost a year ago. Today, I tried to play multiplayer on a windows PC and was unable to select the option to do so, it told me I needed to check my...