MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen

Discus and support MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed MSFS 2020 in an external hard drive (D:), Packages have downloaded and installed. When I start the game via the xbox or shop app, a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rogerio Leite1, Nov 7, 2023.

1. MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen

I have installed MSFS 2020 in an external hard drive (DMSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen :), Packages have downloaded and installed.

When I start the game via the xbox or shop app, a screen asking packages path appears (always guessing wrong where they are), after indicating the right drive/path, the loading screen resumes.

The progress bar reaches the end and then it is stuck forever, game never starts. No errors, no messages.

Status on xbox app is ok.

Already desinstalled, reinstalled, repaired the game, fixed with gamingrepairtool, redownloaded the entire Packages with no solution to this situation, I'm unable to play the game.

Dell G15 16GB

RTX 3050 6GB

Latest Nvidia Drivers

Win11Pro 23H2 new install (no extra antivirus or any external programs running)

gamingrepairtool executed

pic1

MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen [​IMG]

pic2 (stuck)

MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen [​IMG]

:)

Rogerio Leite1, Nov 7, 2023
  2. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Hi Rogerio,

This is a known issue (with a workaround) as officially confirmed here:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/known-issues/

Specifically refer to the information under 146852: Stuck Loading on Blue Bar [SOLVED]

If the endless loading screen error persists even after trying the recommended solutions, you would need to contact he developer to properly address this. You can submit a request here:
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and select ‘I need technical support’ as the option and include as much detailed relevant info as possible.

You can also reach out to them on Twitter https://twitter.com/asobostudio or https://twitter.com/msfs_support

Hope this helps.
  3. JohnCollinsXM Win User

Microsoft flight simulator 2020 crashes while loading

When i start MSFS 2020 the blue bar appears, when it's half loaded, the game closes suddenly and goes to desktop no fault code.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

MSFS 2020 stuck at "checking for updates" screen

Hello SerhiiLukoshko,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issue downloading updates with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Let's troubleshoot this issue to help resolve or we may point you to the game support team for further assistance. Allow me to do the best I can.

Here are some steps you can try:

- Restart Your Device:

Sometimes a simple restart can resolve issues. Restart your computer and try launching MSFS again.

- Ensure English (United States) Language Pack:

Make sure the English (United States) language pack is installed. You can do this by going to Language Settings > Speech > Manage Voice and adding the English (United States) Language Pack.

- Update Windows:

Ensure your Windows operating system is up to date. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates and install any available updates.

- Check Xbox Live Status:

Intermittent connectivity issues with Xbox Live can cause problems. You can check the status of Xbox Live here.

- Verify Game Ownership:

Ensure that the game's license is linked to the email address and gamertag used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator. Also, enable Family Sharing if needed.

- Repair Microsoft Store and MSFS App:

Follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot download and installation issues: How to troubleshoot download & Installation issues.

For your reference, you may check some suggestions here: Checking for Updates Screen - Stuck - User Support Hub / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. DTakes Win User

problems tonight

I've been having problems like that for the past week. Sometimes it takes forever to find a match and when I finally match up I get stuck on a loading screen.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

MSFS 2020 will not load

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I would suggest you to copy the setup file from the disc onto the hard drive and then try installing it from there and check if it helps.

If that doesn't help, you can get in touch with the game support here https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/re...

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen - Similar Threads - MSFS 2020 stuck

2. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  3. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  4. MSFS 2020 not downloading properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not downloading properly: Hi. I hope this is relevant for Microsoft, considering it’s one of their products, but I’ve been having an issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator that I bought off of Steam (specifically the 2020...
  5. Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?: My computer was built specifically for MSFS 2020 but Windows 11 23H2 is playing up and I have requested a full re-install from the supplier. I delivered the computer to the company today to do the...
  6. MSFS 2020 crashes on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crashes on startup: Hello guys, I got MSFS with game pass via Xbox app and when I installed it and opened it, it just crashed. First, it shows the game logo and has "starting game" with a timer on the bottom right...
  7. compatibility MSFS 2020

in XBoX on Consoles
    compatibility MSFS 2020: 1. Will Lenovo Yoga 9i be able to run MSFS 2020? I am very curios as I have this laptop however I am not sure about the graphic card. 2. If not will this gaming laptop be sufficient to run it?...
  8. MSFS 2020 Game, Now It`s Stuck on "checking for updates" windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Game, Now It`s Stuck on "checking for updates" windows 10: Windows 10 PC Hello My MSFS 2020 Game is not launching and up to now I have had 3 error alerts 01-Error code:(0x8007042b) 02-Error code:(0xc0000005) 03-Error code:(0x800705b4 So I...
  9. MSFS 2020 got minimized to the task bar and now it's stuck there

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 got minimized to the task bar and now it's stuck there: While flying in the sim, I did an ALT+ENTER to come out of full screen mode to window mode, as I've done on multiple occasions, to play another game while I fly. After closing the other game, MSFS...
  10. MSFS 2020 stuck on Update Screen since 2 Days

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 stuck on Update Screen since 2 Days: Hello together, i get the Game on Windows 10 Store in the Game Pass. But since 2 Days it stucks an this Screen and never get it on. i´ve reinstalled it for 3 Times. How can i do [img]...