MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC

Discus and support MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have MSFS2020 on PC(Microsoft Store) and when I am entering game, game shows updating menu and crashes without any error. What can I do?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Алимжан Караш, Jun 22, 2023.

1. MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC

Hello!
    I have MSFS2020 on PC(Microsoft Store) and when I am entering game, game shows updating menu and crashes without any error. What can I do?

:)

Алимжан Караш, Jun 22, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Try to run the system file checker. Type cmd in the search box, and then right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click on Yes to access CMD with admin rights.

Type the sfc /scannow command in the elevated command prompt and hit Enter. After that, the tool will scan and try to repair the corrupted system files automatically.

If the SFC command was unable to repair corrupt system files, you can try running the following DISM commands:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Now, you can reboot your PC and restart the service to check if you can now start it. If the issue persists, I suggest you also contact the game support for further troubleshooting.
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

You can also submit the request here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/re...

Support link is in English

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Are you perhaps playing MSFS 2020 through game pass? Kindly also try the next step and also make sure all the required services are running to solve Xbox app sync issues on Windows.

Open the Start menu, search Services then open Services. Scroll down the list and find all of the Xbox entries (they are near the bottom).

Gaming Services (There are 2 of them)

Xbox Accessory Management Service

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

When you find them right-click on them and select Start. If you can see that they are already running you can skip them.
  5. Алимжан Ка Win User

Yes, it's only game with this issue
  6. Алимжан Ка Win User

I am playing on Legion 5 with RTX 3060 and Ryzen 7 5800h, so I think the problem isn't on hardware
    I reinstalled like what you said but it still crashes :(
Thema:

1. MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC - Similar Threads - MSFS 2020 crashes

2. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  3. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  4. MSFS 2020 not downloading properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not downloading properly: Hi. I hope this is relevant for Microsoft, considering it’s one of their products, but I’ve been having an issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator that I bought off of Steam (specifically the 2020...
  5. Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?: My computer was built specifically for MSFS 2020 but Windows 11 23H2 is playing up and I have requested a full re-install from the supplier. I delivered the computer to the company today to do the...
  6. MSFS 2020 crashes on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crashes on startup: Hello guys, I got MSFS with game pass via Xbox app and when I installed it and opened it, it just crashed. First, it shows the game logo and has "starting game" with a timer on the bottom right...
  7. MSFS 2020 CRASH WHEN START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 CRASH WHEN START: Hy I have a big problem with the game. It starts to load, arrives at the screen in which appear a choise between normal o safe mode. In each choise the computer goes to CTD. The game is installed...
  8. MSFS 2020 crash to desktop on loading screen everytime

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crash to desktop on loading screen everytime: This is a new bug after the most recent major update. Prior to this update i experience no issues at all, but now it's literally unplayable. The game crashes to desktop when the loading screen is...
  9. MSFS 2020 Xbox crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Xbox crash: Hello. After last update, this game is not playable anymore. It crashes short time after loading. Sometimes it takes little bit longer. What can i check, do? Before was ok....
  10. MSFS 2020 Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Crash: My MSFS 2020 Crashed while downloading what should I do ? 9329e031-0e2a-4f1e-a026-65514fef6fcc