MSFS 2020 crashes on startup

Discus and support MSFS 2020 crashes on startup in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys, I got MSFS with game pass via Xbox app and when I installed it and opened it, it just crashed. First, it shows the game logo and has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by everett koif, Nov 5, 2023.

1. everett koif
    everett koif Guest

Hello guys,

I got MSFS with game pass via Xbox app and when I installed it and opened it, it just crashed. First, it shows the game logo and has "starting game" with a timer on the bottom right corner, it then gets to the black loading screen, and then it just mysteriously closes with no explanation. I tried everything, uninstalling, updating drivers, etc. Can you please help?

Thanks.

pc specs:

AMD Ryzen 2600

Nvidia GTX 1650

16 gb ddr4 ram

Windows 11 23H2

:)

everett koif, Nov 5, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. everett koif Win User

None of these solutions worked. Also because of this I couldn't get to the part where you actually install the game.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Did you give it permission to access your account when you started it?
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Everett K, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Microsoft Flight Simulator after installing it via the Xbox app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the crashing issue:

1. Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer (Nvidia) and download the latest drivers for your GTX 1650. Install the drivers and restart your computer. Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause crashes in games.

2. Right-click on the MSFS icon or shortcut and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This can help ensure that the game has the necessary permissions to run properly.

3. Some background applications or processes may interfere with MSFS. Try closing unnecessary applications and disabling any overlay software (such as Discord overlay, MSI Afterburner, or GeForce Experience overlay) before launching the game.

4. Certain software, such as antivirus programs or system optimization tools, can interfere with game performance. Temporarily disable or add exceptions for MSFS in your antivirus software, and consider disabling any system optimization or performance-enhancing tools.

5. If you installed MSFS via the Xbox app, there should be an option to verify the game files within the app. Go to your library or the MSFS page in the Xbox app, and look for an option to verify or repair the installation. This will check for any corrupted or missing files and attempt to fix them.

6. If the crashing persists, try lowering the graphics settings within the game. Lowering settings like the resolution, texture quality, and graphics presets can reduce the strain on your system and potentially improve stability.

7. Perform a clean boot of your system to rule out any conflicts caused by third-party software. Instructions for performing a clean boot can be found on the Microsoft support website.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.
    Best regards.
  6. MCSWINE Win User

MSFS 2020 Crashes

Same here,

almost after starting my descend MSFS freezes for like 1 sec and crashes to desktop.

Faulting app and module are as yours.
Thema:

1. MSFS 2020 crashes on startup - Similar Threads - MSFS 2020 crashes

2. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  3. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  4. MSFS 2020 not downloading properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not downloading properly: Hi. I hope this is relevant for Microsoft, considering it’s one of their products, but I’ve been having an issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator that I bought off of Steam (specifically the 2020...
  5. Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?: My computer was built specifically for MSFS 2020 but Windows 11 23H2 is playing up and I have requested a full re-install from the supplier. I delivered the computer to the company today to do the...
  6. MSFS 2020 CRASH WHEN START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 CRASH WHEN START: Hy I have a big problem with the game. It starts to load, arrives at the screen in which appear a choise between normal o safe mode. In each choise the computer goes to CTD. The game is installed...
  7. MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC: Hello! I have MSFS2020 on PC(Microsoft Store) and when I am entering game, game shows updating menu and crashes without any error. What can I do? 51e2a1e0-82bd-43aa-83be-9817176cda5f
  8. MSFS 2020 crash to desktop on loading screen everytime

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crash to desktop on loading screen everytime: This is a new bug after the most recent major update. Prior to this update i experience no issues at all, but now it's literally unplayable. The game crashes to desktop when the loading screen is...
  9. MSFS 2020 Xbox crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Xbox crash: Hello. After last update, this game is not playable anymore. It crashes short time after loading. Sometimes it takes little bit longer. What can i check, do? Before was ok....
  10. MSFS 2020 Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Crash: My MSFS 2020 Crashed while downloading what should I do ? 9329e031-0e2a-4f1e-a026-65514fef6fcc