MS Solitaire collection crashing during tournament play

Discus and support MS Solitaire collection crashing during tournament play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, After each of the last 2 updates of the Solitaire app the game regularly crashes on my iPad. I have the latest IOS so that isn’t the issue.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alan K1C, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Alan K1C
    Alan K1C Guest

Hi,

After each of the last 2 updates of the Solitaire app the game regularly crashes on my iPad. I have the latest IOS so that isn’t the issue.

Previous to these updates the game ran perfectly - after the first update it became almost unplayable the crashes were that frequent and MS followed up quickly with another update (I assume because of the issues), this improved the problem (doesn’t crash as often) but hasn’t resolved it.

It’s a real piss off when it happens during tournaments because the game timer keeps running while the app reloads plus you then fire another advertisement down the line…. ‍♂️

:)

Alan K1C, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Alan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to reinstall the application?

Another solution you can try is to do a system reinstall on your Ipad.

Please, use this link for more information: https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/ipad9a74c576/
  3. ed375 Win User

game crashes after advertisement

I have the same problem!

If I run into a problem during the daily challenge and a second commercial runs before I am finished, the Win 10 Solitaire collection window, all too often, CRASHES and CLOSES on me!

June 13, 2018 was the most recent time this happened. The dairy queen commercial ran before I had finished, the window grayed out, a "waiting/buffering" small rotating blue circle appeared, then the window CLOSED!

When I re-opened the ms solitaire collection, ANOTHER advertisement ran, stuttering/freezing while it played. It did NOT finish before I was allowed to play the Klondike solitaire for the day. I finished that in less than two minutes, then ANOTHER ADVERTISEMENT
    played before I was allowed to play freecell, the last of the day's challenges! ( I had finished Pyramid, Tri-peaks, and Spider BEFORE the window CRASHED!)

Another comment. Microsoft seems to have added a 1/2 to one second delay between playing games in the solitaire collection, presumably to push their small ads.

[​IMG]
  4. MooSmidgen Win User

Microsoft Solitaire World Tournament

Me too. Tried rebooting machine, and uninstalling, then reinstalling MS Solitaire. I can play normal games, and daily challenges, but clicking on that Klondike Event just crashes MS solitaire.
  5. MRallamagoosa Win User

Remove game data

...we are talking about MS solitaire collection on Windows 10...
  6. whisperer1910 Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection crashes during ad

I have same problem. Crashing with any ad trying to load. I even tried a different account and different computer. Uninstall/reinstall, reset, wipeout, reinstall, nothing helps. When it gets to ad time, it just can't load the ad and then it crashes. Thinking
    that it is a purposeful effort to force people into a premium account! You are the first staff that has even responded to issue. It's been going on since 8/16/2018
Thema:

1. MS Solitaire collection crashing during tournament play - Similar Threads - Solitaire collection crashing

2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection won’t sign in on iPad

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection won’t sign in on iPad: So, I am having problems after opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection on my iPad. It says Signing in on the top right and it won’t let me sign in. I closed and restarted the app, signing out and...
  3. Can not download & install Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in XBoX on Windows
    Can not download & install Microsoft Solitaire Collection: My Win10 is up tp date and usually working fine at my ASUS ZENBOOK. Today I tried todownload & install the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. But I get the error message [img] After a check it...
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection still requiring "internet connection" when connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection still requiring "internet connection" when connected to...: I have checked for updates. I have reset the application. I have checked my xbox platform updates. I have even uninstalled, powered down my computer, started my computer back up and reinstalled...
  5. Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How...: Hey guys! So, I got Ultimate Solitaire Collection for Xbox, and wanted to use the Play Anywhere feature to play better on my PC with a mouse. Unfortunately, while the game works fine on...
  6. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  7. Cannot access my Microsoft Solitaire Collection on new ASUS laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot access my Microsoft Solitaire Collection on new ASUS laptop: I've tried everything I can think of, tried to add my new ASUS laptop to Microsoft but it only allows for Surface products; tried to add it through Xbox, same thing. Tried to download the...
  8. microsoft solitaire collection crashes when changing theme on iphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft solitaire collection crashes when changing theme on iphone: microsoft solitaire collection keeps crashing today, this happens every time I try to change the theme because out of nowhere the theme suddenly returned to the original setting. I also have...
  9. How to reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection game statistics stored on cloud for my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection game statistics stored on cloud for my account: Windows 10 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Game This game is signed in with my Microsoft account and all my game statistics are stored on cloud. I want to reset all Microsoft solitaire...
  10. Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has Solitaire & Casual Games/Microsoft Solitaire Collection started crashing at launch?: I have been playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection (now known as Solitaire and Casual Games) for several years, first on my Windows 10 computer, and since this spring on my current Windows 11...