MS, Please remove Kinect region lock

Discus and support MS, Please remove Kinect region lock in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, first of alI, I am really happy with my Xbox One. But, as a German who likes to play games in their orignal language, I find it quite frutrating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ForestTroll05, Feb 14, 2014.

1. MS, Please remove Kinect region lock

Hi,

first of alI, I am really happy with my Xbox One. But, as a German who likes to play games in their orignal language, I find it quite frutrating that I can't set my console to English language while I have chosen Germany as my region, which I have to, in
    order to be able to buy and download stuff from the store. Even in games where you can choose the language in game (like Tomb Raider DE), I can't use English Kinect voice commands if my console's region is Germany. Hence, it would be really nice if I could
    have my region set to German and my system language set to English at the same time.

:)

ForestTroll05, Feb 14, 2014
  2. TheProperJayC, Feb 14, 2014
  3. MadMaelstrom
    MadMaelstrom Guest
    US version of RB2

Is the RB2 game from the US definitely region locked?
    I have to admit to the 360's use of region locking being the consoles biggest achilles heel imo, I'd love to be able to remove it

MadMaelstrom, Feb 14, 2014
  4. MS, Please remove Kinect region lock

I second that 100%!

If there's some weird region-lock policy behind it, please make the reasons why you can't do it transparent, Microsoft! Another suggestion would be to force in-game language selection options on game developers or at least force them to inform us in their
    marketplace or dvd-cover gamedescription if their game supportst language selection. It's really weird to have to praise EA(!) out of all publishers for having language selection options in all their games. I for one will not buy any more games for my xbox
    one of that I don't know with certainty that it's playable in english without having to reboot twice (change to us/en region/language, reboot, play, change it back to german, reboot). I played Dead Rising 3 for only 2 hours since I bought it, because it's
    THAT annoying (there goes your DLC money! ...because of some stupid region settings!)

FFsReedRichards, Feb 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

MS, Please remove Kinect region lock