MS Mahjong has a corrupt save file and crashes

Discus and support MS Mahjong has a corrupt save file and crashes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Mahjong this morning came up with the message "A save file was corrupt and will download a copy". The download part is not accurate as it is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JEOAZ, Jul 6, 2018.

1. JEOAZ
    JEOAZ Guest

Microsoft Mahjong this morning came up with the message "A save file was corrupt and will download a copy". The download part is not accurate as it is immediately covered by "Congratulations you have the Microsoft Mahjong Premium Edition" followed by a longer
    message about finding Windows 8 data and importing to Windows 10 and then the program crashes all by itself or if I happen to hit the last OK button (when it last long enough to click on) it crashes. Please have someone restore my data so I can continue playing
    the daily games. Thanks in advance!

:)

JEOAZ, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Mahjong Crashes with corrupt user file

I have been looking for a solution to the problem of Mahjong crashing with corrupt data file.

First- I don't care what my statistics are so why do I have to compete with myself anyway? I don't need to "track" my performance why have a corrupt game stat file in the first place.

Second- all of my queries get answers/connections that are 1 to 5 years old what is up with that?

I have used the fixes from the app check, uninstalled and reinstalled with no relief.

Why would a corrupt file still exist if I uninstalled the game? not a complete uninstall?

I am using windows 10 Home 1803 17134.167

Richard_Hanson, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Wishcatcher
    Wishcatcher Guest
    Wishcatcher, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

honest hearts BROKEN DLC, are their requirements that my xbox dont meet?

Okay, so every occurrance of this crash has been with the same save file/character, correct? Can you try accessing the DLC with another character, to see if it's perhaps a corrupted save file?
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

Mahjong Crashes with corrupt user file

6. SkyratiK Win User

Could a game that freeze stop working damage the console?

It shouldn't effect your console specifically however game crashes can lead to corrupt save files if the game were to crash while saving.
  7. xDamnYouSalazar Win User

Oxenfree keeps crashing during loading screen

I contacted them on Twitter, they said their aware of the games constant crashing and already in works for fixing it.

@Wedjwants - jeez, that sucks, have you tried uninstalling at all or anything to see if that helps, or deleting the save file to see if that's causing the crash?

I had it crash during the actual save part it corrupted my file when I tried loading, thankfully I waited a few minutes tried loading and it worked fine but if it's crashing during saving then I worry save file corruption might be causing some more issues.
  8. Flatliner27 Win User

Controlling my own HDD/saved games

Being able to have multiple save files when one gets corrupted WOULD save the problem. The problem lies within the game crashing and pulling the save from the cloud. If I had 2-3 save files...when the game crashes and reloads...I can load one of my save
    files (not the default as that one is now corrupted) and bam....I've lost nothing but the little bit of time I'd been playing that day.
Thema:

1. MS Mahjong has a corrupt save file and crashes - Similar Threads - Mahjong has corrupt

2. Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load: I click on Mahjong and it loads and offers me the opening page, I click on a game of Mahjong, it doesn't matter which one. The game starts to load and before it has done so an advertisement...
  3. Mahjong lightening tiles daily challenge 12-10-2023 is not solvable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mahjong lightening tiles daily challenge 12-10-2023 is not solvable: The mahjong lightening tiles daily challenge for dec 10 2023 is not solvable. There are two you tube videos showing a win after the tile reaches zero which is not possible in the real game. You...
  4. The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable: *The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable. There are 2 youtube videos showing a win after the tile hits zero, which is not possible in the real game. Have been...
  5. How can I resume a game of Microsoft Mahjong if it has accidentally closed before solving?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I resume a game of Microsoft Mahjong if it has accidentally closed before solving?: Running Microsoft Mahjong on a Surface tablet. If the game is accidentally closed before completing, I want to pick it up where I left off, as I can with Klondike Solitaire. I have seen mention...
  6. Microsoft Mahjong Premium Access has disappeared

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Mahjong Premium Access has disappeared: I recently renewed my Premium upgrade to Microsoft Mahjong however for the last 2 days my account only shows the standard access and I am being bombarded with advertisements. My PC is on Windows...
  7. October surprise in the update to PC version of Mahjong -- it has interface issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    October surprise in the update to PC version of Mahjong -- it has interface issues: With October 1 came a surprise update to the Microsoft Mahjong game for Windows PCs. The game status bar that is positioned at the top of the window overlays the top row of tiles and makes the...
  8. Has anyone else been shut out of Mahjong? I can only play all new games as Guest, not my ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else been shut out of Mahjong? I can only play all new games as Guest, not my ...: I have been shut out of Mahjong and can only play as guest. Anyone else? I followed their directions, but the cure did not work. Anyone have an answer?' 271692c0-7716-4817-972a-930fa271ff9a
  9. Mahjong has been moved from the Cloud to the Fog

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mahjong has been moved from the Cloud to the Fog: Looks like just about everyone has been left in the fog yet again with the latest screw-up. 2f69d5a8-f7d8-4e8a-a6a9-7f8d3048ddaf
  10. Microsoft Mahjong theme has changed on it's own & I can't change it back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong theme has changed on it's own & I can't change it back...: I've been playing Microsoft Mahjong on Windows 8 and now 10 for some time.. Always play the Tranquility theme. The other day it changed from symbols to number and letters, of it's own accord, and...