MS Flight Simulator on XBox X keeps freezing

Discus and support MS Flight Simulator on XBox X keeps freezing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - I just purchased an XBox X, and then got MS Flight Simulator shortly after. I installed it ok, and used it for a few days without problems. Now... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan_17, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Dan_17
    Dan_17 Guest

Hi -

I just purchased an XBox X, and then got MS Flight Simulator shortly after. I installed it ok, and used it for a few days without problems. Now all of the sudden it hangs up. It did it for the first time last night, right after selecting "Fly" after setting the departure and destination. It shows the blue progress bar on the bottom, gets to about 70-80%, and then freezes. I shut down the XBOX, started MSFS, and it went right back to where it left off. It was still stuck. Nothing I tired would unfreeze it, so I chose UNINSTALL and re-installed the whole thing. This morning I tried it and it worked fine, but now after completing a flight, is hanging up again. It has the blue progress bar on the bottom again, but stopped at about 30-40%. Does anyone know why this is happening??? So frustrating. I enjoy it, and don't want to return it, but I will if I can't resolve it.

:)

Dan_17, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hi everyone,

For your information, I am not an AI. But I appreciate you correcting me, if you did so with respect, of course. And before assuming something, correct it, because just like me, for assuming I did not give the correct information.
    RainingRoses

As for whether the information I gave you, Dan_17, was wrong, I apologize, since I thought it was about a PC and I rushed. I got excited about the screens, so I regret not being able to be of help and rushing.

Sincerely,
    Vanessa
  3. Vanessaez Win User

Hi Dan_17, my name is Vanessa, an independent advisor, and I'm here to guide you on your case.

The problem you are experiencing may be due to a variety of factors, such as hardware, driver, or game software issues. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot it:
    Restart your Xbox X. This may seem like a basic solution, but sometimes it's all it takes to fix crashing issues.
    Verify that your internet connection is stable and that you have enough free space on your hard drive.
    Uninstall and reinstall MS Flight Simulator. This can fix problems with the game installation.
    Update your graphics drivers. Outdated graphics drivers can cause compatibility issues with some games.

Check the MS Flight Simulator support forums to see if other users are experiencing the same problem. It's possible that someone has found a solution that you haven't tried.
    Specific steps:

Based on the information you have provided, here are some specific steps you can try:

Verify that your Xbox X meets the minimum system requirements for MS Flight Simulator. If your Xbox X does not meet the minimum requirements, it may not be able to run the game properly.
    Verify that your Xbox X has the latest graphics drivers installed. You can download the latest drivers for your graphics card from the manufacturer's website.
    Try launching MS Flight Simulator in compatibility mode. To do this, right-click on the game's executable file and select "Properties". On the "Compatibility" tab, select an older version of Windows and click "OK".
    Try launching MS Flight Simulator with administrator privileges. To do this, right-click on the game's executable file and select "Run as administrator".
    If you have tried all of these steps and you are still experiencing the problem, you may need to contact MS Flight Simulator customer support. They can provide you with more help troubleshooting the problem.

Additional tips that may help troubleshoot the problem:

Try disconnecting all external devices from your Xbox X, except for the controller.

Try playing MS Flight Simulator in an area with low light.

Try playing MS Flight Simulator on a different display.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Dan,

Please ignore the IA’s response that appears to be AI generated with irrelevant/inapplicable steps.

If you just purchased your console brand new, then it would be the Series X as major retailers (including Costco) don’t sell the One X anymore. The Series X|S is fully compatible with MSFS 2020 (and anyway, you wouldn’t be able to install the game in the first place otherwise as you’d receive an incompatibility error message) as confirmed on the store purchase page for the game under the ‘playable on’ devices here:

https://www.xbox.com/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator/9NRRJLLXM68V/0010

I certainly don’t blame you for the confusion with the similar model names, and it actually happens to a lot of people :)

This is the Xbox One X - released in November 2017:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Xbox Series X (the newest, upgraded model) - released in November 2020:

[​IMG]

^All the above images are sourced from Xbox.com

Regarding the issue, when exactly does it crash and is it at the same point each time?

What OS version are you currently on? You can find this info in Settings > System > Console info.

Be sure to close the game when you’re not playing - there are often performance issues that occur due to Quick Resume

Please also create a bug report for the issue when you can.

Either way, if the error persists, you’d need to contact the developer to have this properly addressed. Submit a request to MSFS Support and select ‘I need technical support’ and ‘I’m experiencing CTDs/crashing issues’ as the category/topic reasons.

There’s also always the official MSFS 2020 Community Support Forums here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/

If you’d like to share this thread with support for reference, this is the direct link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...freezing/e923992f-6a9c-4b4e-8212-706608517289

Hope this helps.
  5. Dan_17 Win User

ok thanks. I didn't realize there were different versions of Xbox X. I assumed any new Xbox X purchased today would meet minimum requirements since it is straight out of the box from a Costco bundle that included an extra controller, and nothing is plugged into it except the A/C power cord and the HDMI output to the TV. All the info I see online about minimum requirements seem to be for a PC (windows 10, etc). How can I find out all the specs on the Xbox unti I have? I know it is a 1T storage, but know nothing else about it beyond that.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

why can't I find where to buy flight simulator x for my pc?

Flight Simulator X isn't. That is an old game. However Microsoft Flight Simulator is.
Thema:

1. MS Flight Simulator on XBox X keeps freezing - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator keeps

2. Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing: I have the Premium Microsoft Flight Simulator - worked fine last week. Yesterday I tried to run the program but it will not load - keeps crashing right after the Dune Expansion screens. Nothing...
  3. Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...: Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud gaming session. It is not a internet issue as we can play Forza Horizon 5 and other game pass games. We...
  4. Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing: I have purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator for my son for Christmas. I have downloaded the installation file from Steam. I then start the installation for it to only reach 17% then begin...
  5. Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe 40th Anniversay Addition keeps crashing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe 40th Anniversay Addition keeps crashing.: Flight premium deluxe 40th edition keeps crashing and pausing. This does not happen with any other game. All updates have been installed. How do I fix it. If it can’t be fixed then how do I get a...
  6. Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.: I tried everything ! I have the Game ultimate pass and I’m using it. I called Microsoft and they said they will come back and they didn’t !! They were unable to resolve it !! Any suggestion ? I...
  7. I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...: I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for PC owners of the game, but I cannot find it for example: And, best of all, the Microsoft Flight...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Keeps Crashing when it reaches the Check For Updates page.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Keeps Crashing when it reaches the Check For Updates page.: For some reason, after an update when I launched MSFS, it was working fine. But then after I quit the game, and played for a few hours playing different games, it just starts crashing once it...
  9. Please help me i'm trying to install microsoft flight simulator (standard) and it keeps...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help me i'm trying to install microsoft flight simulator (standard) and it keeps...: My internet is working fine, i've got enough storage, i even bought xbox live gold because i thought that might be the problem (don't want to refund that btw) I even reset my xbox and nothing...
  10. microsoft flight simulator keeps crashing on pc before i even load into the menu. I am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft flight simulator keeps crashing on pc before i even load into the menu. I am...: microsoft flight simulator keeps crashing on pc before i even load into the menu. I am using windows 11 and havent overclocked it. d2afe72e-2523-4b3a-bd7b-03f8e458d516