MS Account Recovery thinks I am trying to recover an EDU account, but I am trying to...

Discus and support MS Account Recovery thinks I am trying to recover an EDU account, but I am trying to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Good Day, I am at my whits end here......our Xbox was damaged so we replaced it, when logging into the new ones with the family accounts, we did not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheDonAnton, Sep 12, 2023.

1. TheDonAnton
    TheDonAnton Guest

MS Account Recovery thinks I am trying to recover an EDU account, but I am trying to...

Good Day,

I am at my whits end here......our Xbox was damaged so we replaced it, when logging into the new ones with the family accounts, we did not remember the password to one of our accounts. The issue is, this account is tied to an old college email address that I used a long time ago, that I no longer have access to. I went through the Recovery form providing everything needed, to include the CC info since I pay for the GamePass account. I received the below response back:

Thank you for your Microsoft account recovery request.

Microsoft accounts provided by educational institutions, such as those accounts ending in EDU, are managed by the institution’s IT Management.

Unfortunately, we are not able to assist you with your request. Please contact the local IT Management at your institution for support.

Here is the problem, I am not trying to recover an account that was provided by an educational institution, I am trying to recover the Xbox/MS Live account that that was created USING that email, which I already had at the time I created it. I can't provide any more, or updated info to the Recovery Form, so I am stuck? There is no replying, no notes section, and I even did the form with the MS/Xbox rep on the phone, we have everything needed. It is almost like the system sees a .edu address and kicks an auto closure email off. The email address doesn't even exist anymore, I contacted WVU in a last ditch effort. Can anyone provide some advice?

:)

TheDonAnton, Sep 12, 2023
  2. TheDonAnton Win User

MS Account Recovery thinks I am trying to recover an EDU account, but I am trying to recover an Xbox account that uses my former school email that I no longer have access to.

I'm really confused, the EDU account that was used to set up the Xbox account, was a Google based EDU account, not one provided by Microsoft. I am not trying to even get into the email account, I just want to be able to recover the MS Live account that uses it.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

MS Account Recovery thinks I am trying to recover an EDU account, but I am trying to recover an Xbox account that uses my former school email that I no longer have access to.

as microsoft have stated the microsoft account was created using an educational email then same again it will not be possible to recover it. the only physical way to recover it is if the original email was reinstated which by law could not be done by google.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

the school email is in fact a microsoft account and set for educational use, if you created the xbox account with that then you are stuck as the xbox account IS the microsoft account, they cannot be transferred or moved in anyway. which is why it is advised to never use a school email or work email for xbox because if you leave the school or work then you lose your account.
  5. JacketedMoth60 Win User

Can't Transfer from SR Account Back to Gmail

I'm unable to recover the main account. The MS Live account was deleted and trying any recovery says it's an invalid Live ID but trying to recreate it says it's unavailable.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

My Minecraft account has been stolen

Hello Frederick R, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that your Outlook account has been stolen and that you have lost access to your Minecraft account. Here are some steps you can follow to try to recover your Minecraft account:

Try to recover your Outlook account Although you mention that you don't care about email, it is important to try to recover your Outlook account since it is linked to your Minecraft account. Follow Outlook account recovery procedures, such as resetting your password or using the account recovery option. If you can recover your Outlook account, you can also recover access to your Minecraft account.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. MS Account Recovery thinks I am trying to recover an EDU account, but I am trying to... - Similar Threads - Account Recovery thinks

2. Microsoft account recovery is awfull.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account recovery is awfull.: I've currently had my account hacked and the account recovery seems pointless I give all the information that is true to MY account but still don't regain It like how much more obvious do I have...
  3. Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery: My son is wanting to transfer all his games from Xbox 1 to his new Xbox but it's requesting the email linked to the account. He no longer has access to this email as it's not available anymore. We...
  4. Minecraft Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account Recovery: I recently tried to login to my minecraft account and had no luck getting in. What i forgot was i deleted a microsoft account a while back and im assuming that this account turned out to be the...
  5. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  6. account recovery not working at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    account recovery not working at all: I have tried for the last 8 months 2 times a day filling out all of my details to the automated account recovery and it still isn't working. I'm not sure what to do at this point, do I really give...
  7. Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?: I was recently hacked by participating in a fake verification form where I entered my code. My main Microsoft account was stolen and all of the sign-in information was changed including my email...
  8. Account taken over - help with recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over - help with recovery: Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message: [img] Microsoft account team <*** Die...
  9. Account recovery denied

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovery denied: So obviously as the question states my account recovery was denied, now im trying to recover my younger brothers account that he doesnt remember the password to, my issue is the email that was set...
  10. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...