Moving my Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account so it is no longer link to the current one

Discus and support Moving my Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account so it is no longer link to the current one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but the articles that the discussion posts link to seem to have been removed. Just to be clear, I am not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flatulent Monk, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Moving my Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account so it is no longer link to the current one

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but the articles that the discussion posts link to seem to have been removed. Just to be clear, I am not trying to add another primary email account to my Microsoft account. I want to move the Xbox profile to another
    MSA so my son can have full control over that MSA and it is no longer linked to my hotmail account. I tried to do this a couple of years ago without success and I believe you have to do it in the Xbox console (I have 360 and One) but again I can't find that
    process.

:)

Flatulent Monk, Jul 18, 2017
  2. StandupGrub0
    StandupGrub0 Guest
    Remove Xbox Live account from Microsoft Live email

try making a new gmail, then use it to make a microsoft account, then use your current profile and switch it to that one, and there you go. the xbox profile is no longer on your account.

StandupGrub0, Jul 18, 2017
  3. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Jul 18, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Moving my Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account so it is no longer link to the current one

Heya Hot rod 879.

To clarify, is your son using a child account? If you're trying to move him into another MSA, there isn't a way to unlink him from a parent account until the birth date on the account reaches 18. Keep us looped in so we can best help you out.

Mister Maka, Jul 19, 2017
  5. No he is using my hotmail account which is the xbox profile i started long ago and he has since taken it over with game purchases of his own and since i don't game I just wanted to move it all to a MSA that would be no longer tied to my O365 stuff.

Flatulent Monk, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Flatulent Monk Win User

No he is using my hotmail account which is the xbox profile i started long ago and he has since taken it over with game purchases of his own and since i don't game I just wanted to move it all to a MSA that would be no longer tied to my O365 stuff.
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Heya Hot rod 879.

To clarify, is your son using a child account? If you're trying to move him into another MSA, there isn't a way to unlink him from a parent account until the birth date on the account reaches 18. Keep us looped in so we can best help you out.
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

Link my Xbox profile to another pre-existing Microsoft account

Since it is already a Microsoft account there is no way to add that email to the other account.

There is no way to move an Xbox profile from one Microsoft account to another.

There is no way to move an already existing Microsoft server/account email (outlook, Hotmail, live, MSN.com) to another Microsoft account.

If you are not wanting to use the email that is currently attached to your Xbox profile you are unfortunately going to have to create a new email address.
  9. SgtMajorSp00n Win User

Switching microsoft accounts

Im trying to move one gamertag to another microsoft account on the same xbox, but you cant move the gamertag to the other account if the other account already has a profile, so i want to know if you can delete profiles on accounts or not,
  10. MRallamagoosa Win User

How to link my Microsoft Outlook e-mail to my Microsoft Xbox Live gamer tag? Microsoft support is telling me I can't do that. Is it possible? Why is Microsoft so bad?

Actually the support gave you a correct answer since you cannot associate to an account an already existing Microsoft email (@hotmail.com, @outlook.com,
    or @live.com), which is as a consequence already associated to another account.

Currently, you can't move your services from one Microsoft account to another, so they cannot move content you have in one account to the other.

Please remember that your "Xbox Live account" is a full Microsoft account and your
    "Microsoft Outlook email" is another Microsoft account. Until the above point is made possible, you cannot link them.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-a...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/manage-your-microsoft-account-faq
Thema:

1. Moving my Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account so it is no longer link to the current one - Similar Threads - Moving Profile another

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT: I had my setup completely dialed at my last apartment. We moved to a new place with the same internet service (new ONT box) and I’ve tried everything from UPnP to DMZ to try to get an open NAT....
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. I moved from USA to Australia, HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved from USA to Australia, HELP!: After I moved I plugged in the Xbox and signed into my account. I then connected it to the wifi. I try to play a game but it says “the person who bought this needs to sign in”… but I am. When I...
  6. My controller is stuck moving down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is stuck moving down: Whenever my controller turned on its acting as if I were holding down. It's taking me to the bottom of every menu I open instantly. There's nothing wrong with my controller (Elite Series 2)...
  7. I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.: it's not in the appdata nor the original drive anymore. why didnt it get carried over to the new drive? what can i do to retrieve it? 087ba50a-c846-4c40-9aac-cadc9d46f129
  8. Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email?: I created an Xbox profile for my son using my Hotmail address years ago when he was younger. He played on PC. I just bought an Xbox Series X and want to move his profile and gamer tag to a new,...
  9. How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?: I want to Move ALL my info from my Xbox One to my new Xbox One S 1e01550e-4684-4ae0-b722-deb65b319ba0
  10. Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?: I accidentally deleted one of my xbox 360 accounts and i cant get it back (offline account) and i want to move the save from the account i deleted onto my account that is online is this possible?...