Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my Microsoft account

Discus and support Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When my grandson (under 13) got his XBox for Christmas, I created the Microsoft ID for him using my Gmail email address (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by E S1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. E S1
    E S1 Guest

When my grandson (under 13) got his XBox for Christmas, I created the Microsoft ID for him using my Gmail email address (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) to set everything up. Now, that he's older, I need him to have his own Microsoft account and not lose all of his data and gamertag history and purchases. From researching here,my understanding is that the only way to do that is to create an email address for him (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***), add it to my existing Microsoft account as an alias, make that alias the Primary email on the Microsoft profile, and then I can delete my gmail address from the Microsoft account. What I need to know is, if I remove my gmail address from that Microsoft account, can I create a new Microsoft account re-using my gmail address once it's been removed from the existing Microsoft account? I know you can't re-use a Microsoft email like @live.com, @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, but does that also apply to Microsoft IDs created with gmail addresses?

TL;DR - Can change ownership of my existing MS acct to grandson with his new email address (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) so he doesn't lose any content, then remove my gmail from that acct (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***), and create a brand new MS acct for me re-using that gmail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) address?

:)

2. HomegrownSilky Win User

The Microsoft account and the Xbox account are considered one thing regardless if you use an alias to sign in. You cannot separate an Xbox account from a Microsoft account. They are seen as one thing by Microsoft. Also note that nothing can be transferred between accounts. One of you will have to start over if you wish to use separate accounts.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today E

Answering your question, yes. Third party emails can be re-used to create a new Microsoft account if you choose delete them as alias from the account.

But just to let you know, if you maybe have emails on outlook.com (not gmail.com), those emails are going to be deleted when you decide to remove your alias.

You can double check all this here:

"If you remove an email address from a non-Microsoft domain (like @gmail.com), then it usually becomes immediately available to be added as an alias on another Microsoft account."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

Hope everything is more clear now, but if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Greetings
  4. kbutterly Win User

Is there anyway to limit playing time when child is playing using my account

Thanks for the quick reply.

He actually has a child account, but his 'gamer tag' is associated with my account. From what I have researched, you cannot move a gamer tag to a child account on an Xbox One. If that is not correct, any references to how to do it would be greatly appreciated.
    If it matters, and I know it does for Xbox 360, I have an Office 365 subscription on my MS account. On a 360, that prevents moving gamer tags.
  5. Nzfer22 Win User

Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it under his since he’s 24 now and lives on his own.

Please tell me how I can remove his xbox and all of his data and gamer tag from my email. without losing my email account and or all his data and gamer tag. I would be very greatful.
  6. richardeaster Win User

Family Sharing - Help Setting up Restrictions

Hi

What you have done all sounds correct. If you have added his Microsoft account under yours in Microsoft Family, just make sure he's a member (child) and you are an organiser (adult).

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Then when he logs-in on the Xbox using his own profile, all the setting you have made will take affect. You can see this in the recent activity section.

His gamer-tag, game files, save data etc. will be unaffected.
    Hello - Thankyou for your reply

I still cant get it to work. When we log on as my son using his newly created Microsoft account it asks us to create a new Gamer tag. We try and put in his existing gamer tag but it doesn't link the account, it just creates a new tag with as near as possible
    a name match.

Is there a step I need to do to disassociate the gamer tag from my Microsoft account to his?

Many thanks

Richard
Thema:

1. Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Moving child’s data

2. I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...: I have an account with one child. I want to move both of us onto another family members account. Is it a case of just joining this other family group, and the child will also automatically follow...
  3. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  4. Child account cannot move to new region and account will be locked soon

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account cannot move to new region and account will be locked soon: I recently moved with my young son from UK to Australia. I was able to change my Country / Region via https://account.microsoft.com/profile and migrate my Xbox profile via...
  5. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate move to child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate move to child account: Hi , I have purchased a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in my account, but I want to move it to my child's account in order not to login every time in the Xbox Console. How should I do it ? Thanks in...
  6. Organizer that needs to move child under their account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Organizer that needs to move child under their account.: I am the organizer (parent) and have my 13 year old son under my account. I want to move him from my account and move him to his mother's or aunt's account. I cannot find a step by step way to do...
  7. How do you change an organiser profile to a child profile and how do you move billing...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you change an organiser profile to a child profile and how do you move billing...: Dear Microsoft, I know you have seen these questions a million times and I was wondering when you were going to make it possible for an adult (who's child has set up an organiser profile with...
  8. Move Xbox profile to child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Xbox profile to child account: When my son first started playing Xbox, I set up a profile / gamer tag for him associated with my (Adult) Microsoft Account & e-mail address. I would now like for him to have his own *child*...
  9. My Xbox account needs to be modified to move my child from Parent to a Family member

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account needs to be modified to move my child from Parent to a Family member: I need to monitor my son's activity on Xbox but his account is set up as a parent account and needs to be shifted over to a family member (Child) account without losing all of his Fortnite gaming...
  10. is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?: My son has been using my account for his games for years. Since he is older now, his info should be on his account not mine. Is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child...