Moving GamerTag account to another Microsoft account (Parent/Adult Child)

Discus and support Moving GamerTag account to another Microsoft account (Parent/Adult Child) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an Xbox GamerTag using my hotmail account 10-15 years ago which in time became my Microsoft account that I use primarily for personal email.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SlimJim44, Jan 5, 2019.

1. SlimJim44
    SlimJim44 Guest

I created an Xbox GamerTag using my hotmail account 10-15 years ago which in time became my Microsoft account that I use primarily for personal email. Since that time, my son who is now 18+, played Xbox using this GamerTag/account and has built up a long
    history with it.

How do I transfer this GamerTag to his Microsoft Account now that he is an adult? I no longer play Xbox regularly, but my son does and would like to be access his GamerTag without going through my login or needing my Microsoft account information to update
    the Xbox, etc. This is no longer a Parent/Child issue it is an Adult to Adult issue. Thanks.

:)

SlimJim44, Jan 5, 2019
  2. SlimJim44 Win User

Thanks, RandyAu93. I can't afford to lose my Hotmail & Office 365 information.

No love for us X-Gen parents who transitioned across Microsoft/Xbox environments when it comes to this need.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi SlimJim44,

Unfortunately there is no way to move or transfer a gamertag or Xbox profile associated to a Microsoft account to another Microsoft account.

However, it is possible to update the sign in email and security information to personal information under your son's name. The sign in email is what we refer to as a primary alias and you can add other emails as an alias and make the new one the primary
    while removing the old one (your email address) from the account. The only thing is that you cannot add other emails or aliases that are already being used as a primary sign in email for another Microsoft account. You would have to remove that email from the
    account in question to free it up to use if it is a third party email.

Another thing to note is that if you choose to remove an alias that uses a Microsoft domain such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or @live.com, that alias will be completely deleted and will not be available to sign in to any Microsoft services. Do not remove
    this email address if you still want to use it to send and receive email messages. So if you still use your Hotmail regularly, I don't recommend doing this.

Here are the support articles that will explain everything and also how to update the security information:

I hope this helps!
  4. SlimJim44 Win User

Thanks, Diego. We updated the sign in this last night and while it worked form my son's perspective, it changed my Microsoft Account to his name, his birthday, etc. which was equal to giving him ownership of the account. I think this is going to come
    down to who suffers the least: me losing 20+ years of association with an account/email or him and his nascent gaming history.
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Unfortunately, the Microsoft Services Agreement does not permit transfer of account information from one account to another. About the only option you have would be to surrender your Microsoft account to your son. As you said, you don't use it for Xbox-related
    content, but this would also take out any Hotmail or Office 365 account information you may have.
  6. Vorpal1986 Win User

Unlinking an email/parental email

So, if I understand, you account is an child account and you want to unlink your parent's account from yours? Unfortunately, child account are not allowed to be managed without and adult account attached, you can ask yours parent's (adult account owner)
    to contact support and ask for a change of adult account, re-alocating the child account to another MSA adult
Thema:

1. Moving GamerTag account to another Microsoft account (Parent/Adult Child) - Similar Threads - Moving GamerTag account

2. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  3. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  4. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  5. Move gamertag to different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag to different account: Hello, I am trying to move my wife's gamertag (and her progress) from my stepson's account to my account. He has cancelled his Game Pass. We aren't looking to transfer anything more then her...
  6. Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I recently had both me email address hacked and my information stolen. As a result i will be closing my account to start fresh (after a pc wipe etc) BUT, i REALLY REALLY...
  7. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  8. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...: I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something...
  9. Move gamertag I use to microsoft account I use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move gamertag I use to microsoft account I use: I have a Microsoft account which I use for everything, but I accidentally set up a new gamertag on it, this gamertag is unused I would ideally like to delete it. My actual gamertag is connected...
  10. Can you move Gamertag from 1 microsoft account to another?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you move Gamertag from 1 microsoft account to another?: When my son first started playing XBox I set up a Microsoft account for him, and he's been using that with his Gamertag for a few years. E.g. this is with email: "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move xbox gamertag to another email

2. transfer gamertag to child account

3. move xbox gamertag to new account

4. move xbox gamertag to new microsoft account,
  5. move gamertag to another microsoft account,
  6. move gamertag to another account,
  7. transferring xbox gamertag to different microsoft account,
  8. transfer xbox gamertag to another email,
  9. xbox one transfer data from parent profile to child profile,
  10. transfer xbox one gamer tag to child,
  11. xbox transfer gamertag to new email,
  12. change gamertag microsoft account,
  13. can i transfer my xbox gamertag to another xbox account,
  14. move xbox gamertag to another micrsoft account,
  15. can i transfer my xbox gamer tag from one microsoft account to another?