Moving from XBox 360

Discus and support Moving from XBox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all - apologies but parent question: My daughter has an Xbox 360 and it’s time to upgrade. She has specifically asked for an Xbox One S with a slot... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Conor Reg, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Conor Reg
    Conor Reg Guest

Moving from XBox 360

Hi all - apologies but parent question:

My daughter has an Xbox 360 and it’s time to upgrade. She has specifically asked for an Xbox One S with a slot so that she can use her existing games. Clearly these are not manufactured anymore and so I have two choices:

1) buy a pre-owned one or

2) go digital

If I go digital, is she able to use all of her existing games that she has in disc form? Would we have to buy all of her games again in digital format? Would she be able to carry on where she left off from on the disc based games re levels etc?

Apologies but really need some advice here

Thank you all in advance

:)

Conor Reg, Nov 30, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Moving from XBox 360

Your best bet would be to get the Xbox Series X, this console has a disc drive, and can play some Xbox 360 games from the disc as well. yes, she would be able to carry on where she left off, as long as her game saves are stored in the Xbox 360 cloud.

The full list of Xbox 360 backward compatible games can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backward-compatibility
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

Moving from XBox 360

Hello Conor R! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Unfortunately disc and digital licenses are classed as different so you need the disc to be able to confirm you own the license for it. As long as the saves are the same version of the game, the saves will still work no matter if they are digital or disc based games. I know in some cases, the complete version of a game uses a different save to the standard version so you would not see a save for it.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Moving from XBox 360

5. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

Old Gold Accounts

6. AX3TASTIC Win User

help

Thema:

Moving from XBox 360

1. Moving from XBox 360 - Similar Threads - Moving 360

2. Dont Know How to move 360 game to series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dont Know How to move 360 game to series s: I tried downloading left 4 dead 2 on my xbox one series but it doesnt show i can…So i read more in the internet and said tha i can try using a 360 console to download but problem is is tha idk how...
  3. The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog

in XBoX on Consoles
    The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog: The right stick was working fine yesterday, but when I turn on the console and play the game, the stick moves around from left. Does anyone know what caused this? Thank you Best Wishes -Sajad...
  4. I cant copy/move any saves to cloud storage from xbox 360 ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant copy/move any saves to cloud storage from xbox 360 ?: I booted my 360 up today to transfer my old skate 3 skater to xbox one. my problem is that cloud storage wont let me copy/move any save game from my HDD to the cloud. The weird thing is that, I...
  5. Move DLC from xbox 360 to xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Move DLC from xbox 360 to xbox series s: I have several DLC items for Dragon age Origins, including the extra quests Awakening, leliana's song witch hunt ect, on my xbox 360 but on my xbox series s it will not download them. Is there a...
  6. How To Move a Digital Copy of Backwards Compatible Game from Xbox 360 to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How To Move a Digital Copy of Backwards Compatible Game from Xbox 360 to Xbox One: I have a digital copy of Dishonored installed on my Xbox 360. The console and game still works but I want to play it on my Xbox One. I thought it should be as simple as downloading the game again...
  7. Move or copy purchased movies saved to Xbox 360 hard drive to Xbox one hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move or copy purchased movies saved to Xbox 360 hard drive to Xbox one hard drive: Move or copy purchased movies saved to Xbox 360 hard drive to Xbox one hard drive. I have a lot of movies that I purchased using an xbox 360 and saved them to an external 2GB USB 2 hard drive. My...
  8. Xbox 360 Kinect Can’t Move Enough

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Kinect Can’t Move Enough: Having trouble getting past this error. Unfortunately It was adjusted manually, is there anyway around the error now? I can’t seem to find any fixes anywhere. Please help!...
  9. Can I move Xbox 360 games to Xbox one without the 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I move Xbox 360 games to Xbox one without the 360 console: i was trying ti see if i could transfer my old 360 games that i used to love onto my xbox one. i had a saved memory of mordern warfare 3 on that console, but it wouldnt let me transfer that game...
  10. Kinect 360 Não se move [Translation - Kinect 360 does not move ]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect 360 Não se move [Translation - Kinect 360 does not move ]: Adiquiri um kinect usado ha aproximadamente 2 anos, nunca tive problemas com ele, porem Hoje fui jogar e na hora de sintonizar a altura ele se moveu e travou, agora so consigo jogar se por apoio...