Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a ...

Discus and support Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm moving form the US to Germany and I need to figure out where and what type of power brick I'll need to replace. I'm aware that the XboxOne is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bell SKA-[xboxvenue], Jan 12, 2017.

1. Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a ...

I'm moving form the US to Germany and I need to figure out where and what type of power brick I'll need to replace. I'm aware that the XboxOne is universal and can be up scaled to their 230 Volts. I just need to know what type of power brick I would need
    to replace my current US 120 Volt brick. I've looked online and only found very loud noisy power bricks that break within a few months. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Not that this should matter, but this is a 1st version launch XboxOne.

Thanks,

:)

Bell SKA-[xboxvenue], Jan 12, 2017
  2. Gary_Doyle
    Gary_Doyle Guest
    Moving country within europe

Hi,

I am moving to Germany from the UK and not sure if I need to change anything on my xbox live account. Do I need to notify MS about the move or will my console just work in Germany as it did in the UK? I'm sure it's a good idea to get a German xbox 360 power
    brick because of the voltage difference, but where would I get one from?

Gary_Doyle, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Aw my bees
    Aw my bees Guest
    US Xbox with a European power supply

Hi! I'm moving to Germany from the US, and I want to bring my (US) Xbox 360 slim with me. I know there is a voltage difference, 110v being the US voltage and 220-230v being the European/German voltage, so I'll need a new power supply. My question for anyone
    who knows or has experience with this is whether I need to get a power supply that's compatible with BOTH 110v and 220v, or can I just get the 220v power supply once I'm in Germany (where they are ample)? Microsoft doesn't sell the dual voltage power supplies
    anymore (I called and asked), which is why I ask.

Alternatively, does anyone know whether I can just take my 110v power supply and use it with a transformer in Germany?

Thanks!

Aw my bees, Jan 12, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a ...

Hi

You will need to replace the power brick for the console with one that supports 220V as required for use in Europe.

Please use the link below when you have a German address and you should be able to purchase a new power brick suitable for use in Europe.

https://support.microsoft.com/devices

gds1972, Jan 12, 2017
  5. gds1972 Win User

Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a replacement?

Hi

You will need to replace the power brick for the console with one that supports 220V as required for use in Europe.

Please use the link below when you have a German address and you should be able to purchase a new power brick suitable for use in Europe.

https://support.microsoft.com/devices
  6. I am JeffRay90 Win User

Moving country within europe

Hello Cultured Killer.

Changing region is not necessary but if you are interested just go to the link provided by PhloydBarnum .

Like you said, it would be wise to purchase another power cord one from Germany as suggest in the link below.

Germany - (230V @ 50Hz )

UK - (230V @ 50Hz, fitted with a 10-amp fuse )

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/power-supply

There are plenty of selections for you to buy your power cord . You can try the retailers listed on xbox.com or you can

purchase a power cord from a local retailer store in Germany.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox360/WhereToBuy
  7. Z Roach Returns Win User

XBOX 360 S bought in Europe not supported in US

Europe uses 220v power, that is what the xbox you purchased is used for. There is a big reason why an adapter wont make the power magically jump up to 220 from 110. You can run your own line from the breaker box and create your own 220 outlet, I did that
    when I moved back from Germany.

Next time you make a large purchase like this abroad you need to check the actual specs on it. Most computers have a switch to go from 220-110 but that is one of the rare types of electronics with that feature.
  8. Kareem Zidan1 Win User

Hello, I bought Xbox series s and it's for Japan only can I use it in Egypt?

The power outlet in Japan is 100V 60Hrz and in Egypt it's 220V 50Hrz.. do I need power converter?
    Hi seliem I have the same problem about the power cord its voltage is 125 v which is different from the 220v voltage in Egypt and I was hoping from you to tell me what have you done to solve this problem, did you buy new power cord compatible with 220 v and where can i get one ?
  9. x24hrs2livex Win User

Dual Voltage

I do not believe so. You would need to purchase a powerbrick that can be used in Germany
Thema:

1. Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a ... - Similar Threads - Moving Germany need

2. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  3. Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.: The dashboard and various games (this includes: Assassins' Creed: Odyssey, Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, KOTOR, and KOTOR 2) with the menus are acting weird they tend move around very fast or...
  4. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  5. Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them: When on any screen, the buttons will try to go up and right. This is on both remotes with fresh batteries. For example, I'm trying in a code and it won't let me move it/stay. Ill move it down and...
  6. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  7. I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...: Tried changing dns servers, cloudflare and Google. Cat 6 Hard wired cable. OLED lg tv. Brand new a3307967-4de9-49fb-97df-3dcafc96f1f0
  8. I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the...: I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the right account? 59b4a262-5d54-40c0-ad9a-8d6c536af48f
  9. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  10. Xbox always broken sadly moving on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox always broken sadly moving on: onsole Issue Iv had an Xbox since the start but have always had issues with every console iv had. I'm a moderate gamer but gotten older and have a 9 year old boy now to play games with who is...