Moving from US to Asia - Will my US Xbox Live account still work in Asia?

Discus and support Moving from US to Asia - Will my US Xbox Live account still work in Asia? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I will be moving from the US to Malaysia on a work assignment. I have an Xbox Live account, which I activated in the US. I understand the voltage us... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SunShadowz, Nov 14, 2014.

1. SunShadowz
    SunShadowz Guest

I will be moving from the US to Malaysia on a work assignment. I have an Xbox Live account, which I activated in the US. I understand the voltage us different between the US and Malaysia and I have a power step down transformer to overcome this. I do not
    have my console yet as it is in my shipment from US to Malaysia.

My question are:

1. Will my US Xbox Live account work if I connected to the internet in Malaysia?

2. Will Xbox One games in the Asian region work on my Xbox One?

Thanks.

-DR

:)

SunShadowz, Nov 14, 2014
  2. Faiza Q
    Faiza Q Guest
    Moving from US to Australia will my XBox One work?

We're moving from the USA to Australia and my son has an Xbox One with a power supply that says Input 100V-127V and output of 12V. It also mentions Microsoft Japan Co. Ltd. What would I need to make it work in Australia?

Thanks in advance.

Faiza Q, Nov 14, 2014
  3. Danno McK.
    Danno McK. Guest
    Moving a Live account from US to UK

[quote user="JUAN VAN"]You will have to call support and see if they can help you migrate your account.[/quote]

Support can't help. The OP already knows that the UK is not a region that can be selected for migration, and calling Support won't change that.

The US account can still get Gold membership by using pre-paid membership cards since those aren't region-locked, but to get access to UK-only Live services you need to create a new UK account.

Danno McK., Nov 14, 2014
  4. Moving from US to Asia - Will my US Xbox Live account still work in Asia?

All Xbox One games are region free, but the language support will always vary. Asian region games tend to have English support. You can keep using your US account as usual and nothing will change.

SummerMouse323, Nov 14, 2014
  5. In the event you run into a situation....take a look at some of the information around regions

- here is a link from a Major Nelson post a while back:
    support.xbox.com/.../change-region

NewBlacksmurf, Oct 31, 2018
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

In the event you run into a situation....take a look at some of the information around regions

- here is a link from a Major Nelson post a while back:
    support.xbox.com/.../change-region
  7. SummerMouse323 Win User

All Xbox One games are region free, but the language support will always vary. Asian region games tend to have English support. You can keep using your US account as usual and nothing will change.
  8. Drygore King Win User

PAL and NTSC cds

My console are bought from us but i live in asia so which type of cds should i buy?...ntsc or PAL?
  9. Sid.Pektus Win User

XBOX live 12 months card

Sorry for the confusion. Lemme give a more detailed story.

I created my live account in the USA. I am not gold then. So my Billing account is in the USA.

I now live in Singapore, I got a new XBOX 360 w/c is region locked for asia, namely Singapore.

I got a 12 month gold card here in Singapore. Would it be alright if I redeem this code to my USA Live account.

In another short set of words.

My LIVE account: USA

My 12 month card: Singapore, Asia

My XBOX 360: Region Locked for Asia.
  10. Trace Chain Win User

Different versions of XBox One X

Update on this post for those who might care. Purchases the Asia version of Xbox one x and the only difference I can see/tell from the US version is the electric plug. Other than that, everything remains the same with your account, uploads, downloads all
    remain the same. So, if you are US expat living the dream in some far off Asian land, then the Asia version is a heck of lot cheaper than paying to ship on a US box!
Thema:

1. Moving from US to Asia - Will my US Xbox Live account still work in Asia? - Similar Threads - Moving Asia Live

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT: I had my setup completely dialed at my last apartment. We moved to a new place with the same internet service (new ONT box) and I’ve tried everything from UPnP to DMZ to try to get an open NAT....
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. I moved from USA to Australia, HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved from USA to Australia, HELP!: After I moved I plugged in the Xbox and signed into my account. I then connected it to the wifi. I try to play a game but it says “the person who bought this needs to sign in”… but I am. When I...
  6. My controller is stuck moving down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is stuck moving down: Whenever my controller turned on its acting as if I were holding down. It's taking me to the bottom of every menu I open instantly. There's nothing wrong with my controller (Elite Series 2)...
  7. Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move: So a couple of years ago for some reason or another I moved a Minecraft world out of the saves folder, and if I can remember correctly I moved it into another World's folder. Now I want to go back...
  8. Audio cracking and popping while gaming/moving around UI

in XboX Insiders
    Audio cracking and popping while gaming/moving around UI: Brand new console causing crackling audio issues with headphones (tested two different Sony headphones wired, and Razer Kaira pro for Xbox) on in the dashboard and in game. Tried troubleshooting...
  9. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  10. Hi there, I am going to move to Singapore (Asia) from Seattle and want to know if my newly...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, I am going to move to Singapore (Asia) from Seattle and want to know if my newly...: Hi, I am going to move to Singapore (Asia) from Seattle and want to know if my newly bought xbox series x can work in there as the power voltage is 220V in Singapore...