Moving files to a new External Hard Drive, and I keep getting "Installation ...

Discus and support Moving files to a new External Hard Drive, and I keep getting "Installation ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says, I got a new WD 2T Elements drive for my Xbox One and I have been moving things on to it from the internal HD. Some games keep giving... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bowlringer, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Bowlringer
    Bowlringer Guest

As the title says, I got a new WD 2T Elements drive for my Xbox One and I have been moving things on to it from the internal HD. Some games keep giving me an error saying, "installation Stopped!" at the same point in each installation, like Powerstar Golf
    keeps failing at 55%, The Battlefield 4 DLC, Naval Strike, fails around 60% (which is a pain as the rest of the game, nearly 80 gigs, moved fine). Some games have worked fine, Diablo 3 and Peggle 2 moved over easy peasy.

Any suggestions?

:)

Bowlringer, Nov 9, 2014
  2. diablo vs24
    diablo vs24 Guest
    Having Installation Issues

Tonight I tried to install Gears of War 2 by disc. It instantly says "Installation Stopped". Try to install again doesn't change anything. I have an external hard drive hooked up. Currently, my internal storage has 23.9GB remaining and my external has
    4.5TB. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

diablo vs24, Nov 9, 2014
  3. Voro Rhykum
    Voro Rhykum Guest
    Installation Stopped

Just tried a factory reset and even that hasn't fixed the problem. Any other ideas?

Voro Rhykum, Nov 9, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there Bowlringer!

Sorry to hear about the install issues on that external hard drive! For the games that have not finished, try uninstalling them from your external hard drive and try the following steps to power cycle and clear persistent storage before you try to move the
    games back over. Be sure to transfer one at a time! Moving files to a new External Hard Drive, and I keep getting "Installation ... :)

Clear persistent storage:

• Press the menu button on your Xbox One controller and select 'Settings'.
    • In the Settings menu, select Disc & Blu-ray settings.
    • From here, select Persistent storage and clear it.
    Power cycle your Xbox One console:

• Press and hold the power button on the Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
    • Once the unit is powered off, unplug the power cable from the Xbox One and let it sit for 5 minutes.
    • Plug the power back into the unit and power the console on.
    Post back and let us know if that helps you out!

Mister Beep, Nov 11, 2014
  5. I just installed my external hard drive, and got the same problem. Trials fusion stops at 17 percent, but all the expansions do just fine. I tried clearing persistent storage, and then power cycling to only get stopped at 17 percent again.

A Witty Retort, Nov 12, 2014
  6. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there A Witty Retort!

Are you moving the game off of your Xbox onto the external hard drive, or are you installing directly onto the hard drive? If you are moving, I would suggest Uninstalling
    and Reinstalling
    the game. When downloading the game back, have it download directly to your external hard drive rather than the Xbox One.

Post back and let me know how it goes!

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
  7. maxen Win User

Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household.

If you have an external hard drive that is at least 256GB in capacity AND is USB 3.0, you can copy your games to that and then move them across to the new console.

Note: you will need to format the hard drive for use with Xbox One, wiping anything already on the hard drive, so only use a blank hard drive or one with files that you do not need to keep.
  8. Nkosana23 Win User

How to get more storage and download sea of theives

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

You can try move games to the external hard drive by following these steps:
    1. Open the “Settings” app by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win + I.
    2. Click on “System” and then select “Storage”.
    3. Under the “More storage settings” section, click on “Change where new content is saved”.
    4. Select the external hard drive from the drop-down menu and click on “Apply”.

Please note that this method only works for new games that you install after changing the storage location. If you want to move existing games to the external hard drive, you will need to uninstall and reinstall them.

Otherwise you can also try move other files to the external hard drive to create space in the internal hard drive.

I hope this helps.
  9. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why does my game keep freezing or keep getting big lag spikes

Thanks for the update, may I know if you have those games installed on a external hard drive?

If that's the case, could you try moving the games to your internal hard drive, disconnect the external drive, restart your console and give it a new try.
  10. Smwutches Win User

XBOX ONE X and external memory. Advice needed please

You can move the the external hard drive between the 2 consoles, but if you don't want to keep swapping them then you would want another hard drive for the 2nd console.

As far as the discs, you would either need to reinstall them on the new console or use the hard drive from the other console that probably already has the installs.
  11. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 slim corrupting files?

Hi,

Simple answer, your hard drive is failing. Fix? Buy a new hard drive or use an external hard drive. The Xbox 360 supports external hard drives up to 2 TB.

Hard drives die and before they do, they generally exhibit, disk read errors, corrupted files none working games. Hard disk drives are mechanical with moving parts, its it not if they fail its a matter of when.
Thema:

1. Moving files to a new External Hard Drive, and I keep getting "Installation ... - Similar Threads - Moving files External

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move: So a couple of years ago for some reason or another I moved a Minecraft world out of the saves folder, and if I can remember correctly I moved it into another World's folder. Now I want to go back...
  4. Can you move a save file from cloud to local?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you move a save file from cloud to local?: I played a game using Xbox game pass, but now I bought it on Steam, and I want to use my Xbox game pass save file, but the save files are saved in the cloud. 301197f8-eccd-41af-9592-8b0b2ad4d696
  5. Is there any way to move or modify specific game files from my PC to my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to move or modify specific game files from my PC to my Xbox One?: I want to move a game save that I have on my computer in a game called Astroneer, which for some reason has cloud saving, but only works between my computers instead of my computers and Xbox. Is...
  6. Hi i can´t move a file to the community folder in Microsoft Flight simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi i can´t move a file to the community folder in Microsoft Flight simulator: Hi i can´t move a file to the community folder in Microsoft Flight simulator, it´s says the path is too long. I got Win 11, 10.0.22621 on a Desktop 13f3fa28-9ed9-463b-8fc8-4f070952e20b
  7. how to move a file to the forza motorsport 7 folder?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to move a file to the forza motorsport 7 folder?: I moved the "forzamotorsport7.exe" file out of the folder and I can't move it back, I don't want to download it again (99gb). Folder name...
  8. Why is file explorer not working with my Xbox one can not move my music downloader

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is file explorer not working with my Xbox one can not move my music downloader: Can ya fix the file explorer problem not working i'm mad upset about that do something please th anks 8878c64f-faa3-4c95-b854-fe531bb4da5b
  9. Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file

in XBoX on Consoles
    Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file: Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file in e:\系统截屏录屏\Captures 16f15af8-ebce-4e20-a08e-815bdad5f3c3
  10. Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file

in XBoX on Consoles
    Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file: Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file in e:\系统截屏录屏\Captures 16f15af8-ebce-4e20-a08e-815bdad5f3c3