Movie Playback Freezes Xbox 360

Discus and support Movie Playback Freezes Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all. Recently, I have been dealing with an annoyance with playing movies from the Microsoft Video store on my Xbox 360. During playback of any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DDefiance, Aug 14, 2018.

1. DDefiance
    DDefiance Guest

Hello all.

Recently, I have been dealing with an annoyance with playing movies from the Microsoft Video store on my Xbox 360. During playback of any downloaded movie while offline, the video will freeze and the entire console becomes unresponsive after anywhere between
    one to thirty minutes of video playback.

I do know that while the console is online, the movies can be played fine in their entirety. But offline, this is when the problem occurs.

I have seen this happen with every movie in my collection. It is not limited to just one.

I have tried moving and even redownloading the same movies onto an external hard drive that is connected via USB. The same problem occurs there as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

DDefiance, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Console locking up on hard drive playback only

When watching stored movies the console locks up - controller not working - video freezes. Only solution is to power down and restart movie & TV app & resume. Can happen once or several times during playback.

Interesting thing is that it does not happen when signed in to Xbox Live. Thoughts ??

JointedExpert2, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest
    USB & Network Media

360 doesnt support any kinda media playback right now besides video saved on skydrive and dvd/bluray movies.

Xenokai, Aug 14, 2018
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs. PLEASE HELP!!!!

There is one app for movie disc playback on Xbox, which will not change

Please try an Xbox 360 game in the drive, it's possible the DVD laser has failed
  5. Xenokai Win User

USB & Network Media

360 doesnt support any kinda media playback right now besides video saved on skydrive and dvd/bluray movies.
  6. xinunix2600 Win User

October update

Anyone tried streaming a movie over DLNA since the latest update? I have a GB wired connection to my media server but movie playback seems to have a slight stutter/delay between picture and audio. Just enough jitter to be really annoying. Music playback
    is working great, so glad to have this added! Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with movie/video playback?
  7. Nkosana23 Win User

Movie

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist today.

Here is a thread with a possible solution for the issue you're faced with: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/5bdf52ce-6bea-4470-bab6-58367b714cbb

It states that:
    If you're streaming the movie this is likely due to network speed deficiencies. The playback quality will change during playback will vary based on the network speed at the time. If you're using a PC or Xbox 360 you can try downloading the movie instead.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  8. airmattdog Win User

Getting error 80C90010 on Movies and TV

Thema:

1. Movie Playback Freezes Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Movie Playback Freezes

2. Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...: Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV if those services have the same movie available to buy? I keep seeing post regarding Movies Anywhere and...
  3. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  4. I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...: I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere app and it only shows a couple movies (not all) and no yugioh? Any help?...
  5. Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!

in XboX Insiders
    Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!: Okay so I know we already have games like dead by daylight and Texas chainsaw massacre, and those games are really fun and loved playing them specially Texas chainsaw massacre when that game...
  6. Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?: I bought tenet and got a free ghost in the shell season from mircosoft and they show on my movies anywhere, but my The Godfather trilogy , dragon ball super season 1, flash, fairy tail and et...
  7. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  8. Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?: Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies, I have removed all the apps except for essential ones and checked every apps usage which shows 0 for them all, I thought I should have 12 or 15gig...
  9. Movies and TV on XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Movies and TV on XBox Series X: It's acting like I have a dial up connection. Pixelation, lag, disconnection, etc. I have 1Gb fiber connection which tested perfect so that's not the case 11594f15-c5c3-4ca5-9d86-01927b3409c1
  10. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54