Movie play error 0x000005b4

Discus and support Movie play error 0x000005b4 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Purchased a movie on my xbox one and it will not play. Tried two nights in a row, still no luck. Also did all the tips to try and get it to work. Hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kenwa73, Nov 19, 2019.

1. kenwa73
    kenwa73 Guest

Purchased a movie on my xbox one and it will not play. Tried two nights in a row, still no luck. Also did all the tips to try and get it to work. Hard restart deleting app and profile etc. Had this issue on my old xbox 360, purchased a new xbox one thinking
    that might help but I was wrong. I was able to get a refund when this happened in the past on my xbox 360 months ago. Movie purchases are no longer refundable it appears. If it doesn't work you basically just gave them money for a **** product, this would
    never fly anywhere else. Selling something that doesn't work, not being able to fix the issue / product but keeping your money is shady to say the least. Only purchase movies on the xbox for convenience but that will not happen anymore, just trying to save
    others the headache of giving away money for nothing. Don't buy movies through xbox live / Microsoft Movies and TV app.

:)

kenwa73, Nov 19, 2019
  2. BobbyJohnson4 Win User

Error entering code

I'm getting an error code for movies and TV shows 0x000005b4
  3. KernFamily Win User

Purchased movies stop playing after a minute error code 0x80190190

Hmm spoke to soon.. now i get a new message after 40 min into to movie (cant play) 0x000005b4
  4. Dead Pool 007 Win User

Can't stream a TV show I purchased 0x000005b4

I have purchased movies from "MOVIES and TV" app and now I can't even watch them cause I keep getting this error code 0x000005b4. So with all do respect. How the hell do I fix it cause those movies aren't cheap?
  5. IAreApocalypse Win User

movies and tv app

I have use windows power shell, and command prompt. I also uninstalled the movies and tv app itself and it still is not working properly. It still gives me same error code 0x000005b4 within 5 seconds of starting up any movie that I have purchased within
    the past year
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Error 0x000005b4 movies & TV app

Hi there Eskimo welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Okay let's try this first!

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
Thema:

1. Movie play error 0x000005b4 - Similar Threads - Movie play error

2. Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...: Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV if those services have the same movie available to buy? I keep seeing post regarding Movies Anywhere and...
  3. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  4. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  5. How do I use the xbox series x bluray player to play a movie offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use the xbox series x bluray player to play a movie offline?: How do I use the xbox series x bluray Player to play a movie offline? a6e82c1a-1327-4f1f-a99f-1d3018d9db3a
  6. My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help: Help me solve my Xbox problem of denying video and movie files 3f8adfac-dc4a-416c-a8e2-9589f1d2b55f
  7. Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game

in XboX Insiders
    Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game: Hello, I wanted to suggest that it would be a great idea if we could have the ability to have a youtube video or a series from hbo max play in a small rectangle on top right of the screen for...
  8. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  9. Xbox x will no longer play any movie I own

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox x will no longer play any movie I own: My Xbox x will no longer play any movie I've bought. I've reset to factory with no luck. I've reinstalled movies with no luck and I've reinstalled the movies and TV app. Help please. I don't...
  10. 0xc101a3ff movie just stopped playing it is not past the expiration date. Refund or fix...

in XBoX on Windows
    0xc101a3ff movie just stopped playing it is not past the expiration date. Refund or fix...: Rented a movie and it played for awhile took a break and it wouldn't play again. Waited a day tried ago no luck. Every other movie plays just not the rented one. 0xc101a3ff at this point refund...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox movies and tv error code 0xc101ab66