Moved saved game content from usb to hard drive - saved game is lost!

Discus and support Moved saved game content from usb to hard drive - saved game is lost! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am posting because my son is literally bawling. He decided to move some saved game info for Terraria from his USB to the XBOX 360 hard drive to make... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Player316731273, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Moved saved game content from usb to hard drive - saved game is lost!

I am posting because my son is literally bawling. He decided to move some saved game info for Terraria from his USB to the XBOX 360 hard drive to make room on the usb for something he was trying to download. When he went to try and access his saved game
    from the hard drive, it wouldn't come up. He tried the USB, though it actually appears the data is all still there (same GB like it didn't delete anything on the USB) it won't access his saved game from there either. So we located the saved game which was
    moved to the hard drive through the console features and attempted to move it back to the USB...like maybe it is still searching for it from the old path...still won't come up. He says two years of Terraria gaming is gone and he is mourning it like it is
    the end of the world. Any suggestions on how to get his saved gaming back?

:)

Player316731273, Jun 5, 2015
  2. REK 1
    REK 1 Guest
    Trying to transfer content from my previous Xbox to my new one - NOTHING HAPPENS

u can try to tranfer all your saved games data, profile, pic, themes, to a usb drive. Then put new hard drive in - reformat - then tranfer all the data from usb back to new hard drive .. Then redownload all your other content

REK 1, Jun 5, 2015
  3. STEVEHERTZ
    STEVEHERTZ Guest
    Is there any way to unconfiguring a hard drive and recovering saved games?

I recently got bought a new 360 slim with the 320g hard drive as well as a transfer cable to move my saved data from my old 360 elite. In the process of doing this my 120g hard drive from my elite was configured to the usb port and now only shows 16g available
    if connected with the transfer cable. I have lost all saved games and profiles. Is there any way to undo the configuration and retrieve the saved games and profiles from encrypted files on the hard drive? If the hard drive is like a normal computer hard drive
    all saved games and dlc should still be there somewhere no matter deleted or reconfigured. Is there anyway to get it back so the xbox can read it as a normal hard drive with 120g's and recover the saved data?

STEVEHERTZ, Jun 5, 2015
  4. Moved saved game content from usb to hard drive - saved game is lost!

did you try removing the usb and deleteing the moved file on the xbox? could be confused since the same file is in two different locations. if that works move the file again and remove the usb but don't delete the usb copy just in case. sounds like your
    xbox might be confused by 2 identical files so it doesn't know which one to use.

SIP W I C K E D, Jun 7, 2015
  5. SIP W I C K E D Win User

did you try removing the usb and deleteing the moved file on the xbox? could be confused since the same file is in two different locations. if that works move the file again and remove the usb but don't delete the usb copy just in case. sounds like your
    xbox might be confused by 2 identical files so it doesn't know which one to use.
  6. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Any one encountered this problem with gears of war 3

is your hard drive totally full?

anything you delete from your profile you won`t get back.

you could try moving your game save to a usb and then deleting all trace of the game from your hard drive,install the update and then reload your game save from the usb.

gears 3 doesn`t allow you to just copy to a usb but you can move the save from your drive to the usb.
  7. Dirty Loco Win User

New Xbox - What needs to be transferred?

An alternate to the 'Hard Drive Transfer kit' is to move the saved content using USB sticks.
  8. Dethkook Win User

Xbox 360 demos do not work

Your hard drive is failing, most likely. Try moving your game saves to a USB Flash Drive, formatting the HDD and re-downloading the content.

If this doesn't work, replace the HDD.
  9. HassanB Win User

Using 2 storage devices with saves and dlc

I've just tested this myself with Gears of War 3 saves on my XBOX 360 Hard Drive and a USB Flash Drive plugged in that I moved the RAAM's Shadow DLC onto and I selected my hard drive as my primary selection, it loaded the gamer profile and saves from the
    hard drive and when I went to start RAAM's Shadow it loaded the DLC from the USB Flash Drive just fine. I then removed the USB Flash Drive, it prompted me that the game had to restart because downloadable content was removed (thus proving this will work :))

So, in short it's fine that your saves are on the hard drive and the DLC your using is on the flash drive, it will work fine.
Thema:

1. Moved saved game content from usb to hard drive - saved game is lost! - Similar Threads - Moved saved game

2. Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?: I just bought a 5 TB Seagate game drive for Xbox. I was surprised to find that it only stores games, and you have to move them to the Xbox 'S' in order to play them. My question is, if you play a...
  3. I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.: it's not in the appdata nor the original drive anymore. why didnt it get carried over to the new drive? what can i do to retrieve it? 087ba50a-c846-4c40-9aac-cadc9d46f129
  4. Can you move a save file from cloud to local?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you move a save file from cloud to local?: I played a game using Xbox game pass, but now I bought it on Steam, and I want to use my Xbox game pass save file, but the save files are saved in the cloud. 301197f8-eccd-41af-9592-8b0b2ad4d696
  5. Switching PC's. How can I move my fallout4 save data from game pass from one of to the other?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching PC's. How can I move my fallout4 save data from game pass from one of to the other?: I was using my laptop to play fallout 4 through game pass for PC. I recently set up my desktop and redownload fallout 4 through game pass for PC on my desktop. Both my laptop and my desktop are...
  6. I am going to sell my xbox one s. If I move all my games to a hard drive, will it save all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am going to sell my xbox one s. If I move all my games to a hard drive, will it save all...: I am trying to sell my Xbox. abbfe7c5-1a11-4045-9abc-ea3d51a8b51a
  7. Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?: I accidentally deleted one of my xbox 360 accounts and i cant get it back (offline account) and i want to move the save from the account i deleted onto my account that is online is this possible?...
  8. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  9. Xbox account is it possible to move save files?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account is it possible to move save files?: Hi! My 13-year old son has been playing xbox many years at my xbox account. Now I finaly made an account for him. Many games for example jurassic world evolution 2, he has played at my account....
  10. Cannot find Save Game to move to Cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot find Save Game to move to Cloud: Hi all, backwards compatibility requires save game to be available via Cloud storage. Got BattleBlock Theater for free in Games With Gold for Xbox 360 but not able to port to Xbox One since save...