Moved gamertag to flashdrive. Now I think I've lost everything.

Discus and support Moved gamertag to flashdrive. Now I think I've lost everything. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wanted to move my gamertag to a PC to add a minecraft map and I think I have lost everything. Can I recover all my data? I 'moved' the gamertag to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChankoMcGraw, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ChankoMcGraw
    ChankoMcGraw Guest

I wanted to move my gamertag to a PC to add a minecraft map and I think I have lost everything. Can I recover all my data?

I 'moved' the gamertag to the drive, then on the PC the drive was unreadable. I assumed the partition type may have been wrong so reformatted it and went back to the Xbox to try again. I hadn't realised though that xbox deletes the gamertag when copying
    it to the drive.

Is there anything I can do to get back to where I was? Can I just add the xbox gold profile back onto the console? Would that link it to all the game data presumably still stored there? I don't want to try incase that makes it worse. I would be grateful
    for any advice. Thanks!

:)

ChankoMcGraw, Nov 30, 2014
  2. BrentZZ
    BrentZZ Guest
    USB Flashdrive Issue

I also bought a PNY 8 gig Flashdrive. After the dashboard told me it had been configured and ready to use, I moved my profile and a few gamesaves to it. Then, after an overnight powerdown, or anytime I unplug the flashdrive, it needs to be re-configured.
    I lost all my saves.

I should have avoided PNY

BrentZZ, Nov 30, 2014
  3. MCNewmany
    MCNewmany Guest
    daily challenge

I had same issue and singed in now it gave me new gamertag and lost everything

MCNewmany, Nov 30, 2014
  4. Moved gamertag to flashdrive. Now I think I've lost everything.

Hey ChankoMcGraw,

Don't worry, your gamertag has not been deleted! You simply deleted a
    copy
    of your gamertag. To get your account back on your console follow these steps here: Add or Remove Xbox Profile on an Xbox 360 Console

I hope this helped you! Please Like my post if I did!

ArmyRanger149, Nov 30, 2014
  5. To also add, Xbox files are not meant to be read by a PC. What you are trying to do is aginst the TOS and can lead to enforcement action on your account. PC Minecraft worlds are not compatible with the Xbox version of Minecraft. If you downloaded the
    files from somewhere, the only way they would work would be with modification which can get you banned. Xbox files (gamertags, game saves, game data etc...) are only meant to be accessed via console. The use of any 3rd party software to add files or modify
    your saves is also against the TOS and can cause you to lose your account.

HomegrownSilky, Nov 30, 2014
  6. HomegrownSilky is also right.

You should not use any modification tool or tool that is capable of altering or "modding" a gamesave for any game. This also applies to your Avatar files and Account settings. This can result in a suspension or permanent ban from Xbox LIVE. I did not add
    this to my post before, but please keep HomegrownSilky's answer and mine in mind.

ArmyRanger149, Nov 30, 2014
  7. ChankoMcGraw
    ChankoMcGraw Guest
    Thanks both of you for the info

ChankoMcGraw, Oct 31, 2018
  8. ChankoMcGraw Win User

Thanks both of you for the info
  9. ArmyRanger149 Win User

10. HomegrownSilky Win User

To also add, Xbox files are not meant to be read by a PC. What you are trying to do is aginst the TOS and can lead to enforcement action on your account. PC Minecraft worlds are not compatible with the Xbox version of Minecraft. If you downloaded the
    files from somewhere, the only way they would work would be with modification which can get you banned. Xbox files (gamertags, game saves, game data etc...) are only meant to be accessed via console. The use of any 3rd party software to add files or modify
    your saves is also against the TOS and can cause you to lose your account.
  11. ArmyRanger149 Win User

HomegrownSilky is also right.

You should not use any modification tool or tool that is capable of altering or "modding" a gamesave for any game. This also applies to your Avatar files and Account settings. This can result in a suspension or permanent ban from Xbox LIVE. I did not add
    this to my post before, but please keep HomegrownSilky's answer and mine in mind.
  12. Son ALA Win User

Brande new Xbox 360 s 4GB already upsetting me [Mod Edit]

Ahh, a fellow DOA fan.

Is your original DOAX2 save file still on your original XBOX?

Try these steps and see if it works out.

1. use a flashdrive and move the save file from the old xbox to the flashdrive. (copy everything including the playlist file and photos stored on your HDD)

2. on your new xbox, go to system, storage, highlight your 4gb HDD and press "Y"

3. Select "Clear System Cache" (This should help out with your update) and select Yes

Now put your flashdrive on the new console, move the DOAX2 save file from the flashdrive to the HDD and give it a shot.
Thema:

1. Moved gamertag to flashdrive. Now I think I've lost everything. - Similar Threads - Moved gamertag flashdrive

2. I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...: Old email for gamertag no longer works. How do I find my old gamertag (which has over 30,000 gamerpoints). I have tried to produce answers to security questions but don't have access to...
  3. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  4. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  5. Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.: I've registered one xbox account a long ago with mine nickname and forgot about it. Now I have another primary account but unable to set mine nickname to it without adding tag number. I want to...
  6. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  7. Move gamertag to different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag to different account: Hello, I am trying to move my wife's gamertag (and her progress) from my stepson's account to my account. He has cancelled his Game Pass. We aren't looking to transfer anything more then her...
  8. Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I recently had both me email address hacked and my information stolen. As a result i will be closing my account to start fresh (after a pc wipe etc) BUT, i REALLY REALLY...
  9. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  10. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...: I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something...