Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email?

Discus and support Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an Xbox profile for my son using my Hotmail address years ago when he was younger. He played on PC. I just bought an Xbox Series X and want... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by New Console User, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email?

I created an Xbox profile for my son using my Hotmail address years ago when he was younger. He played on PC. I just bought an Xbox Series X and want to move his profile and gamer tag to a new, Outlook email address that he uses himself. Is there a way for me to move the profile? And will his saved game progress and contacts move to the new email?

:)

New Console User, Dec 25, 2023
  2. kelly1KT Win User

xbox one s profiles (family (adult-who occassional plays and 2 children who play)

Hi.

So the gamer tag associated with my email (the adult) is there to stay or can I delete that gamer tag and create my own? Then I could create a new profile for son #1 and a new gamer tag.

I have figured out/created a new profile and gamer tag for son #2.

So I would like to:

change the gamer tag that is connected to my email account (the adult).

If possible I would like to keep my son's gamer tag and just move it to the email account/profile I created for him... (I'm pretty sure you said I couldn't do this but just checking?
  3. New Console User Win User

Hi Jhon,

Thank you very much. I'll try this and let you know how it goes. You have a nice day too.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Hi New, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Yes, you can move the Xbox profile and gamer tag to a new email. Your saved game progress and contacts will also be moved to the new email.

To move your Xbox profile, follow these steps:

-Sign in to your Microsoft account with your Hotmail email address.
    Go to your Microsoft account settings page.

-In the "Contact Information" section, click "Change primary email address."

-Enter your new Outlook email address.

-Click "Next".

-Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Once you've completed these steps, your child will be able to sign in to their Xbox profile using their new Outlook email address. Your saved game progress and his contacts will be transferred automatically.

Here are some tips for moving Xbox profile:

1. Make sure the new email address is set up correctly.

2. If your child has an Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass subscription, be sure to transfer it to their new email address.

3. If your child has an Xbox gift card or discount code, be sure to redeem it before moving the profile.

Information source: https://support.microsoft.com/accou...rección-de-correo-electrónico-o-el-número-de- tel%C3%A9phone-of-your-microsoft-account-761a662d-8032-88f4-03f3-c9ba8ba0e00b

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Jhon
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Hi Jhon,

Thank you very much. I'll try this and let you know how it goes. You have a nice day too.
    Whatever you do, dont remove your hotmail account as one of the alias's especially if you still use it. Doing so will result in your hotmail email being permanently deleted forever.
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Hi again New

I hope some of my suggestions help you, I'll be on the lookout if you need more help.

Merry christmas
Thema:

1. Move Xbox Profile and Gamer Tag to New Email? - Similar Threads - Move Profile Gamer

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT: I had my setup completely dialed at my last apartment. We moved to a new place with the same internet service (new ONT box) and I’ve tried everything from UPnP to DMZ to try to get an open NAT....
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. I moved from USA to Australia, HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved from USA to Australia, HELP!: After I moved I plugged in the Xbox and signed into my account. I then connected it to the wifi. I try to play a game but it says “the person who bought this needs to sign in”… but I am. When I...
  6. My controller is stuck moving down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is stuck moving down: Whenever my controller turned on its acting as if I were holding down. It's taking me to the bottom of every menu I open instantly. There's nothing wrong with my controller (Elite Series 2)...
  7. Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move: So a couple of years ago for some reason or another I moved a Minecraft world out of the saves folder, and if I can remember correctly I moved it into another World's folder. Now I want to go back...
  8. I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.: it's not in the appdata nor the original drive anymore. why didnt it get carried over to the new drive? what can i do to retrieve it? 087ba50a-c846-4c40-9aac-cadc9d46f129
  9. How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?: I want to Move ALL my info from my Xbox One to my new Xbox One S 1e01550e-4684-4ae0-b722-deb65b319ba0
  10. Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?: I accidentally deleted one of my xbox 360 accounts and i cant get it back (offline account) and i want to move the save from the account i deleted onto my account that is online is this possible?...