move one xbox account from one MS email address to another and keep all my game saves and ...

Discus and support move one xbox account from one MS email address to another and keep all my game saves and ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been told this can not be done. I want to delete and stop using an old hotmail account that is associated to my xbox live account, but first I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZELEZR00, Nov 14, 2018.

1. ZELEZR00
    ZELEZR00 Guest

move one xbox account from one MS email address to another and keep all my game saves and ...

I've been told this can not be done. I want to delete and stop using an old hotmail account that is associated to my xbox live account, but first I would like to move my xbox account to my new outlook.com account. I am told this is
    impossible, there has to be a way, nothing is impossible. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

:)

ZELEZR00, Nov 14, 2018
  2. EthanGB
    EthanGB Guest
    Possible to change Microsoft Account associated with gamertag?

I have another gamertag besides the one associated with this account that has all of the rights for my downloaded games but I have another family member who uses the email address associated with that Microsoft account and gamertag. We both want the xbox
    live account and gamertag moved to this account for the sake of simplicity moving forward. This is not a question of changing the email address of the current tag in question, but the MS account of that tag. I'm amazed there's no obvious way of doing this
    (if any) already, and I would greatly appreciate some help doing this.

EthanGB, Nov 14, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Nov 14, 2018
  4. move one xbox account from one MS email address to another and keep all my game saves and ...

Since outlook.com is already a MS account it will not be able to be done.

You can do one of two things both can be done on the same site.

You can sign in at account.microsoft.com/addassocid with your Hotmail account once you verify ownership it will give you 2 options on the page

Create a new (outlook) account. This will create a whole new MS account with an outlook email (you will NOT be able to use your current outlook account)

Or if you have a non MS server like Gmail, Yahoo, ISP account that is NOT a MS account already you can choose the second option of use an existing email they will then send you an email verifying that you have ownership of that email and once you verify
    that it will be added as an alias on your account.

Once you get the new email into the account you can then make that new email the primary email and if you want you can then remove the Hotmail email from the account IF YOU DO THIS KEEP IN MIND that once you remove the Hotmail email from the account it will
    be gone FOREVER and you will never be able to get it back.

Keep in mind changing the alias like this ALL it is doing is changing the email you use to sign into the account with EVERYTHING else will remain the same like your passwords, billing info, security proofs (what they use to verify ownership of your account).
    Also all of your game saves and purchases will still remain on that account with the new email address.

steeledwand7664, Nov 14, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: