Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much...

Discus and support Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My child plays Fortnite on our Xbox One. My email has been used as the login. I would like to set up Microsoft family controls to monitor my child's... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ZombieWarriorMom, May 7, 2020.

1. Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much...

My child plays Fortnite on our Xbox One. My email has been used as the login. I would like to set up Microsoft family controls to monitor my child's activity and to limit time on specific devices and games. However, my child's email address needs to
    be added to the family (and attached to the Xbox) for me to do this. I would like to just transfer the stuff attached to my email to my child's email. How can I do this?

:)

ZombieWarriorMom, May 7, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much money on.....

game progress cant be transferred from one account to another.

but if you sign in to the Xbox with the account you bought games on and set it as the Home Xbox then your child can sign in with their new account and play all the games.

this link explains everything about setting a Home Xbox and what can be shared

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  3. RamiJO Win User

Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much money on.....

I am not too sure of this issue but I would recommend going to the link that is attached to this "Reply"

What I understood that you want to change emails on your Microsoft account so you can control limit times and etc...

https://account.microsoft.com/famil...ccount.microsoft.com/family?refd=www.bing.com

Something to keep in mind if you are wanting to change an email address on your Microsoft account you must add the second email and than removing the one you no longer need. Here are some steps for this: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-or-remove-an-email-alias-in-outlook-com-459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
  4. AridLizard Win User

if the primary email address is a Microsoft account (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) it can't be removed as this will close the email account permanently and it will no longer be accessible.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Parent vs Child Account

Hello Forest Fairy,

Please do NOT let younger kids play on your email account! Because that will make the kids appear as an adult to the system and you can NOT restrict the kid anymore. The kid can then play as long as they want, talk to strangers on the internet, buy unlimited
    stuff with your credit card etc.

Instead, you SHOULD create a separate child account for your 7 year old, and add that account to your adult parent account at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family.

There you can then set limits and other parental settings to tell Xbox Live what your kid is allowed to do and what not.

Unfortunately, that means he'll lose his gaming progress.

That's why it's important to NEVER let your kid play on your parent email!

Basically, you can now let the kid continue playing unrestricted on your parent account, and cause him much more grief when he gets older and wants his own account email, or you talk with your kid, and explain to him that he can now play all his games again
    from the beginning.

If you do NOT use a Microsoft Email (like Hotmail, Live or Outlook email), and you do NOT use other Microsoft services like OneDrive, Office 365, and the likes, you can try the following:

You can sign in on
    https://account.microsoft.com
    and add a sign in alias to your own account, that you wish to transfer to your son.

Add his own email (or if necessary create a new email for him) as a sign in alias.

Make his new email the primary sign in alias for that account.

Then you can remove your own email.

BEWARE!!! If your own Email is a Microsoft Account email (Hotmail, Outlook etc.), then you WILL LOSE your Email!!!

If it's a Gmail, Yahoo or other email service, then you still have your own email, but you will lose access to any Microsoft Service you used with that email.

Also, your kid will still be considered to be an adult, as his Gamertag was created with your adult account, and thus you can't restrict his playtime, who can talk to him via Xbox Live and so on!

So in my opinion: Creating a new account for your son, and adding that to your family account is a much more secure solution for you and your kid. Even if that means your kid has to start over playing.

It's "just" 7 months of playtime he's losing, compared to several years of "unprotected" gaming, if you keep him on your account.
  6. NoobJoe Win User

Is there any way to change the email associated with my gamertag without access to the email ?

So there's seriously no way to change my email without having access to the current one? that seems a little stupid, what if someone had hacked my account and then changed the email? I'm sure there must be a way to use information relating to the gamertag
    itself to recover the gamertag and change the email in that case, and if so why can't such a method be used here ?

I really don't feel like losing all my paid for dlc/time spent on this account I can prove I own.
Thema:

Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much...

1. Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much... - Similar Threads - Move Gamertag Adult

2. I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...: Old email for gamertag no longer works. How do I find my old gamertag (which has over 30,000 gamerpoints). I have tried to produce answers to security questions but don't have access to...
  3. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  4. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  5. Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.: I've registered one xbox account a long ago with mine nickname and forgot about it. Now I have another primary account but unable to set mine nickname to it without adding tag number. I want to...
  6. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  7. Move gamertag to different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag to different account: Hello, I am trying to move my wife's gamertag (and her progress) from my stepson's account to my account. He has cancelled his Game Pass. We aren't looking to transfer anything more then her...
  8. Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I recently had both me email address hacked and my information stolen. As a result i will be closing my account to start fresh (after a pc wipe etc) BUT, i REALLY REALLY...
  9. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  10. How to move the Gamertag from my Microsoft account to my adult son's account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move the Gamertag from my Microsoft account to my adult son's account: We have an xBox One and my son has been using my account/gamertag for some time. With his recent birthday, I would like to transition him from my account to his own. He has a current account...