Move game to secondary Xbox with different account ?

Discus and support Move game to secondary Xbox with different account ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got my Xbox Series X, and now my child of course wants the other xbox in her room. There are a couple of games I bought for her on my xbox.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jkristia, Jun 26, 2021.

1. jkristia
    jkristia Guest

I just got my Xbox Series X, and now my child of course wants the other xbox in her room.

There are a couple of games I bought for her on my xbox.

If I sign out from the 'old' xbox, then she is not able to play those game (she is logged in with her own account).

If I do not sigh out, then she can play, but I cannot play at the same time on my new xbox.

Is there any way to transfer the ownership of the games (I actually assumed it was automatically family shared).

Or is the only option to buy new copies from her account on the old xbox ?

:)

jkristia, Jun 26, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

Hello There ! Unfortunately it's not possible to transfer game licenses across accounts. Since digital games are tied to the account that bought it. However, One option for you is to set your account as a home console on your daughter's console.

Please follow the steps mentioned on the link bellow to do so :

Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support
  3. jkristia Win User

I tried that, but I still have to be signed in to my daughters console, which means I cannot play on my new console at the same time.

It keeps popping up 'you can only play in one place at a time' and then close the game on the console I'm playing on.

Also - I have already switch 'home' a couple of times and I have 3 attempts left, not sure what happens if I keep trying that, but I don't want to try change again.

Seems like I have to purchase the games again. That is a little surprising.
  4. QuickMythril Win User

Moving Xbox Games To Secondary HD

hm good question. the default installation folder for Windows "App" style programs is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps (a hidden folder). i don't see any settings in the Store app that allows you to choose another location.

ok just came across this site:

www.thewindowsclub.com/move-windows-10-apps-other-drive-change-install-location

you go into Settings app, System, Apps & Features, wait for it to load all the apps you have, then select the App you want to move and press Move. it will allow you to choose another drive, but i don't think you can specify the exact file path. that should
    work for moving to an external drive though.

let me know if that solves your issue.
  5. QuickMythril Win User

Moving Xbox Games To Secondary HD

also in the Settings, System, then choose Storage. you can choose the default location to save new Apps. that way you don't have to manually move everything in the future.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Questions about running a server

You will be able to use a secondary account on the PC to play the game on the secondary account in the Pc in Xbox it's possible also to use a secondary account sharing the game making that Xbox the home Xbox of the account that purchased the game
Thema:

1. Move game to secondary Xbox with different account ? - Similar Threads - Move game secondary

2. Audio cracking and popping while gaming/moving around UI

in XboX Insiders
    Audio cracking and popping while gaming/moving around UI: Brand new console causing crackling audio issues with headphones (tested two different Sony headphones wired, and Razer Kaira pro for Xbox) on in the dashboard and in game. Tried troubleshooting...
  3. Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.: The dashboard and various games (this includes: Assassins' Creed: Odyssey, Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, KOTOR, and KOTOR 2) with the menus are acting weird they tend move around very fast or...
  4. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  5. Move game back to ext.storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move game back to ext.storage?: Hi, newbie here! I’m going to store games on external drive. Moving/copying game from ext. to int. then play. After that do I have to move the game back to ext. or can I delete it (in order to...
  6. Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...: Whenever I play my game call of duty whenever I try and move my analog stick up and down before this happened. It was perfectly fine and it always respond it on time but now whenever I try and...
  7. Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?: I just bought a 5 TB Seagate game drive for Xbox. I was surprised to find that it only stores games, and you have to move them to the Xbox 'S' in order to play them. My question is, if you play a...
  8. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?: I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement buttons and then released my character would...
  9. How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?: I want to Move ALL my info from my Xbox One to my new Xbox One S 1e01550e-4684-4ae0-b722-deb65b319ba0
  10. Need help cant move game clips:(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need help cant move game clips:(: I am having trouble with moving to OneDrive to be able to save my photos. It won't let me move the ones that say "On the Xbox network". when I try to move it, it doesn't get one in and says...