Mouse jumping when clicking on another monitor

Discus and support Mouse jumping when clicking on another monitor in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I'm playing a video game and click from one monitor back into the main monitor where the game is, frequently, the mouse jumps to the upper left... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Piistat, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Piistat
    Piistat Guest

When I'm playing a video game and click from one monitor back into the main monitor where the game is, frequently, the mouse jumps to the upper left corner of my screen and drags my game's camera with it. It's quite frustrating. I have used different mice, reinstalled the game, but still no fix. Any thoughts?

:)

Piistat, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi Piistat, my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

The situation you described could have various causes and therefore different solutions. Here are some suggestions that might help you resolve the issue:

Game Settings:

Check the game settings related to mouse control.
    Ensure that fullscreen mode is enabled instead of windowed mode, as this could affect mouse behavior when switching between monitors.
    Operating System Configuration:

In the operating system, check the multiple monitor configuration. Make sure they are set up correctly in relation to the physical layout of your monitors.
    On Windows, you can access multiple display settings by pressing Windows key + P.
    Mouse Drivers:

Make sure you have the latest mouse drivers installed. Visit the manufacturer's website for your mouse to download and install the latest drivers.
    Third-Party Software:

If you use third-party software to manage mouse settings or game profiles, check for updates and adjust settings as needed.
    System Updates:

Ensure that your operating system is up-to-date with the latest updates and security patches.
    Interference from Other Devices:

Make sure there is no interference from nearby devices such as wireless devices or appliances that could affect the mouse signal.
    Game Support:

Contact the game's technical support. They may have specific information about this issue and provide solutions or updates addressing the problem.
    Remember to make changes one by one to identify the cause of the problem. If none of these suggestions resolves the issue, it may be helpful to search gaming community forums or reach out directly to the game's technical support for personalized assistance.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  3. Piistat Win User

Hi Jose,

I have tried all of these and still no fix unfortunately.
  4. Bud Ryerson Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Multi Screen Setup (3 Screens)

FaronKolbe - The thread is about multi-monitor setup in general and my comment specifically is about using the right Alt key while hovering over an instrument, opening the instrument in a new window with a mouse click, and dragging the instrument to another
    monitor. Both the PFD and MFD can be separated from the virtual cockpit and established in dedicated monitors this way; but the controls don't come with them, which defeats the whole purpose.

If your experience is different, I would love to hear about it.
  5. BigMombo Win User

Windows 10 & xBox Companion with multiple monitors

Agree with the focus issue, but MS should also understand the nature of modern gaming with streaming. The need to continue without loss of focus from the xBox Companion app when using a game controller and taking action with a mouse or keyboard in another
    monitor is something the engineers should figure out.
  6. Alucario Ultra Win User

Mouse goes off the game screen.

Try to check if there are any updates to your minecraft.

Normally, playing Minecraft in fullscreen restricts the mouse pointer to inside the game itself. However, on 1.8.2-pre5, you can move the mouse outside the usual zone, allowing you to click things in another
    window. When you do, however, the game minimizes (for it's not actually designed for windowed fullscreen.)

If you move the mouse out-of-bounds and back in, you cannot move it out again. You would need to close and open the GUI again for the glitch to repeat itself.

Unfortunately, I cannot get pictures of this, because Print Screen doesn't capture the mouse. I am uploading a screenshot, but I had to draw in a mouse pointer where mine was.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1) Launch Minecraft, switch to fullscreen mode (if not already in fullscreen)

2) Open a world (doesn't matter whether it's singleplayer or multiplayer)

3) Open any inventory, chat, or pause the game

4) Move the mouse pointer onto a secondary monitor. You will see that it can go out-of-bounds.

SEARCH TERMS USED:

"fullscreen"

"fullscreen inventory"

"mouse"

"fullscreen mouse"
Thema:

1. Mouse jumping when clicking on another monitor - Similar Threads - Mouse jumping clicking

2. I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...: I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard works well but the mouse doesn't, I tested with different mice and it didn't work...
  3. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  4. Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me: Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard and mouse b37a3e19-f913-4fff-a391-66e04a89c962
  5. Keyboard and mouse for Tablets - Dex

in XboX Insiders
    Keyboard and mouse for Tablets - Dex: I use the Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Plus tablet, but I believe it was released today to play with a keyboard and mouse, but only the keyboard is working and the mouse is not, I tried wired and...
  6. Why is my mouse inverted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my mouse inverted: Hello so the problem that I have is that my mouse is inverted, What I mean by inverted is that when I move up my mouse it moves down and same backwards, Its not just a game problem because here in...
  7. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  8. Keyboard and Mouse will not work in game

in XboX Insiders
    Keyboard and Mouse will not work in game: I’ve just got a keyboard and mouse for my xbox and was wanting to play something using them, i’ve confirmed that the keyboard and mouse do work as intended but i can’t use them whenever i open an...
  9. Mouse scroll counter jumping on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Mouse scroll counter jumping on Xbox: I've been having a problem for a little while where my mouse wheel scrolls in the opposite direction when scrolling fast. Since I use a pretty unorthodox control scheme using up and down scrolling...
  10. Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9: The problem is that when i move my mouse in Minecraft 1.8.9 it randomly moves a few more pixel and it really annoying. I know how to fix it because i saw a YouTube video in the video the said go...