Mouse for microsoft edge / Minimise on screen keyboard

Discus and support Mouse for microsoft edge / Minimise on screen keyboard in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can Microsoft please add mouse support for microsoft edge on the xbox. It is kind of ridiculous to use the browser without a mouse. Also, there should... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mega Bwaaah, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Mega Bwaaah
    Mega Bwaaah Guest

Can Microsoft please add mouse support for microsoft edge on the xbox. It is kind of ridiculous to use the browser without a mouse.

Also, there should be an option to minimise the on screen keyboard if you have mouse and keyboard on xbox. Just put a button on the top bar to minimise it to the corner of the screen.

Finally, can you please update edge to chromium edge like I have on my PC. Thank you. It would be great to use xbox edge more.

Thank you.

DC

:)

Mega Bwaaah, Mar 22, 2020
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Hi Mega Bwaaah,

Any ideas or suggestions should be submitted via the Xbox Insiders Reddit page as that is the best way to improve the Xbox experience.

I don’t really use Edge on the Xbox much but it does sound like a great idea.
  3. WellmaxxBR Win User

I also don’t use Edge a lot on Xbox, but it’s a great idea.
  4. Luckyeet Win User

Mouse and Keyboard high input delay

All console when using keyboard and mouse have delays, the best way to minimise it is to use a wired keyboard and mouse instead of a wireless one
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Mouse does not work on Microsoft Edge

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to use a mouse on the Microsoft Edge app on the Xbox console.

As stated in the article that covers
    mouse and keyboard support on Xbox One
    , A mouse will not work in Microsoft Edge, which already has an on-screen cursor."

Mouse support will only work in ceratin games and apps that provide this feature.

I'm sorry about any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S

Hi Carson,

I’ve received a response from the Edge and Xbox Community teams. Answers to your questions:

1. Can I disable the on-screen keyboard when typing in Microsoft Edge or on Xbox in general?
    No, you can’t disable the on-screen keyboard on the Edge Browser. You may continue to provide feedback to Team Xbox about this. What you can do is press the Windows key + ESC, and the keyboard will go away temporarily.

2. Is there a way to stop other tabs from being discarded in Microsoft Edge on Xbox? It says when I hover over the tab: "this tab was discarded to save resources". Is there an option to cost resources in order to keep multiple tabs open?
    In the Edge Browser, click on the three dots (...) and select Settings > System and Performance. Scroll down to Optimization Performance and toggle off these settings: ‘Turn on efficiency mode’ and ‘Save resources with sleeping tabs’, then restart the browser so the updated settings properly take effect. This should prevent the tabs from reloading to save resources.

There’s also the option to put inactive tabs to sleep after a certain amount of time (various options between 30 seconds and 12 hours), and add websites to the exception list so these are never put to sleep regardless of any settings.

3) Would I be able to navigate the Xbox home screen, Microsoft store, or other apps with a mouse cursor, or is it only done with the keyboard arrows or controller?
    Unfortunately, the mouse cursor will only appear in games and apps with mouse support. So, you’ll have to use either an Xbox controller or the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate the home screen, Microsoft Store and any other apps.

Also, things to keep in mind as included here:

Using a mouse and keyboard with Xbox | Xbox Support

• You can’t use a mouse on Home or within the Xbox user interface while navigating the dashboard.
    • You’ll need to use your controller to configure your mouse. Settings does not support mouse interaction.
    • Microsoft Edge works with a mouse but also has an on-screen cursor.
    Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Mouse for microsoft edge / Minimise on screen keyboard - Similar Threads - Mouse microsoft edge

2. I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...: I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard works well but the mouse doesn't, I tested with different mice and it didn't work...
  3. I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it...: I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it goes both up and down. Who can I contact to organise a replacement mouse?...
  4. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  5. The dongle of my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse broke and I want a...

in XBoX on Windows
    The dongle of my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse broke and I want a...: The dongle of my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse broke and I want a replacement or repair as it is almost new. I would like to talk to an agent 531d6ac0-3349-438d-914d-7dec0049e810
  6. Shiftlock moves my mouse away in microsoft store roblox version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shiftlock moves my mouse away in microsoft store roblox version: Hello! I have an issue with the shiftlock version of roblox (microsoft store). Whenever I turn it on, it works like normal. But my actual computer mouse doesn't get locked! For example, since I...
  7. Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S: Hey there everyone! I just bought the Xbox series s and I wanted to use the Edge browser for some work. However my mouse cursor doesn't appear/work. I am also using a keyboard which seems to work...
  8. There's no option to change movement speed on Microsoft Roblox to keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There's no option to change movement speed on Microsoft Roblox to keyboard and mouse: Using a windows 11 pc, I downloaded Roblox off the Microsoft store. I'm trying to use shift lock but it is not working. Yes the game IS compatible with shift lock and the option is infact on....
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Combo Black Keyboard and mouse key replacement

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Combo Black Keyboard and mouse key replacement: Hello All, I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Combo Black Keyboard and mouse and my i key is broken. Instead of purchasing a new keyboard I was hoping to get a replacement i key...
  10. Can I pair a different mouse with the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I pair a different mouse with the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900?: I have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 , after many years my mouse broke and the wheel does not work anymore. The keyboard is still working good and I do not want to change the whole kit. Can I...