Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Liam Richards, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals.

For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and mouse both in explorer, and the keyboard to navigate the OS - When in game both devices don't register any inputs?

I have yet to try in any other competitive game so I will give it a go after work in as many other games as possible, but from what I could tell from the 4 games I did try I got no results. Its a dongle operated wireless mouse (Logitech M720) with a glorious gmmk as the keyboard. Very frustrating when the game is supposed to support it, but ends up not responding... and no way to select M&K/Controller from the menu's as far as I can see... Don't mind about UI elements not changing to reflect the new input as I am used to the controls on PC - JUSt want it to work!! Makes little to no sense to me that it works in the OS but not a known game that supports the inout (albeit, without UI elements changing or keybinds being a thing).

I just want to be able to aim again Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically) :( <3

:)

Liam Richards, Mar 11, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Liam. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Note that not all games support keyboard and mouse. The Finals doesn't have M&KB support, what other games did you try?
  3. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Does it work?

5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Keyboard and mouse on xbox bannable?

Some games on the Xbox One or Series X|S do support keyboard and mouse. So if you use a keyboard and mouse just by plugging them into the usb ports on the Xbox console, then no it is not a bannable offense. It can be though if you use an unofficial adapter to play on games that do not support keyboard and mouse.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Can I play Rainbow six siege with keyboard and mouse in 2023? And if so how?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Yes, you can play Rainbow Six Siege with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox Series X/S.

Connect your keyboard and mouse to your Xbox Series X/S console. You can connect them directly to the console's USB ports or use a USB hub if you need more ports.

Once your keyboard and mouse are connected, start up Rainbow Six Siege on your Xbox Series X/S.

In the game's main menu, navigate to the Options menu.

From the Options menu, select the Controls tab.

From the Controls tab, select the Controller Type option.

Change the Controller Type to Mouse and Keyboard.

Customize your keyboard and mouse settings to your liking.
Thema:

1. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically) - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard working

2. Keyboard and Mouse will not work in game

in XboX Insiders
    Keyboard and Mouse will not work in game: I’ve just got a keyboard and mouse for my xbox and was wanting to play something using them, i’ve confirmed that the keyboard and mouse do work as intended but i can’t use them whenever i open an...
  3. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  4. When I play on mouse and keyboard he randomly stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I play on mouse and keyboard he randomly stop working: Hi when I play on my Xbox one on mouse and keyboard very often they stop working I tried if is my keyboard and mouse have some problem but on PC don't have this problem only when I play on my Xbox...
  5. My new razer naga x’s thumb buttons aren’t working with the keyboard and mouse compatible...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new razer naga x’s thumb buttons aren’t working with the keyboard and mouse compatible...: My new razer naga x’s thumb buttons aren’t working with the keyboard and mouse compatible games. they don’t bind as if they weren’t there. can this be fixed/helped?...
  6. My mouse and keyboard don’t work on my Xbox 1 in Fortnite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My mouse and keyboard don’t work on my Xbox 1 in Fortnite.: So I plugged in my mouse and keyboard to my Xbox and tried to play Fortnite. When I tried to do that, I log onto Fortnite and my mouse cursor pops up in the middle of the screen but it doesn’t...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse not working: Split from this thread. he is not the only person having this issue. there was an update to xbox on oct 5th 2023 that broke the mouse input. only one mouse button works at a time. xbox has to...
  8. Keyboard and mouse not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse not working: ive had a keyboard and mouse connected on my xbox for years, even using it to navigate the xbox menu and playing certain games that allow them. but suddenly they just dont work anymore. not on the...
  9. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate not work with keyboard and mouse on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate not work with keyboard and mouse on PC: I recently go Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and it is telling me that I need to connect a controller and I can't use keyboard and mouse on every game. I know it's not because it isn't compatible because...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse on Warzone 2 stop working bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse on Warzone 2 stop working bug: Hi, many players have been dealing with this issue since the game came out, and surprisingly only happens in xbox... please check what's the community saying in reddit regarding this issue...