More than one user on Xbox LIVE GOLD.

Discus and support More than one user on Xbox LIVE GOLD. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Daft question I know, but something that's not been an issue in the past as my Children where to young. Is it possible to have more than one user able... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Oct 31, 2014.

1. More than one user on Xbox LIVE GOLD.

Daft question I know, but something that's not been an issue in the past as my Children where to young.

Is it possible to have more than one user able to go online with an Xbox LIVE GOLD account, Can my Son sign into his account and play online rather than having to log into my account. Or do I have to purchase a separate Gold account for him?

Do I need 4 separate GOLD accounts for 4 different family member to be able to play online?

:)

Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Oct 31, 2014
  2. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    Xbox One Price drop

I think so yes but for a single xbox, it takes the single live account and all users can access features behind the paywall as if they had gold on that console.

arthurdentpc has 3 xbox's tho, and the old "family" bundle allowed each user to effectively have their own gold membership, so gold on each user which translated to gold on each console, now its gold to anyone on the single xbox....

So I assume on single xbox families the new system is much better, but on multiple xbox families its not as good. Its not super clear tho how this new gold system will work on xbox one, but it does read like arthur is shafted rather unfairly in this new scenario.

turk3y, Oct 31, 2014
  3. STANNY08
    STANNY08 Guest
    Xbox One Price drop

If that is the case who gets to use their gold account on other machines? They've clearly said that. Just like now, your live subscription follows you to whatever Xbox console you use. So who on that original console can take their account to another console?

STANNY08, Oct 31, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings Lemming!

The relationship between an Xbox Live Gold account and the Xbox One, will no longer require you to setup each account with a paid subscription, as you would have to do on the Xbox 360.

Please read:
    Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on the Xbox One

Happy Halloween!

taidara, Nov 1, 2014
  5. taidara Win User

Greetings Lemming!

The relationship between an Xbox Live Gold account and the Xbox One, will no longer require you to setup each account with a paid subscription, as you would have to do on the Xbox 360.

Please read:
    Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on the Xbox One

Happy Halloween!
  6. Alliance United Win User

Bought used Xbox One and previous owner has 6 months of Live Gold left on his profile does it apply to my new profile?

Hello Mickey TEEEEEEE,

Congratulations on your Xbox One, Welcome to the Xbox Community! The only way you're Xbox Live Profile can use that 6 Months of Xbox Live Gold is if that users profile is Downloaded and installed on that Console. Also, the User would need to set that as
    their Home Xbox One. However, if the user Delete their Profile, than the Gold Membership can't be shared. If it is that case, than you will need to purchases a Xbox Live Gold membership for you're Account. With a Gold Membership, you can get Free Games with
    Gold, and Deals With Gold. You can see the Options for Gold here: http://www.xbox.com/live?xr=shellnav#fbid=eZ2sksrNaHc if you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you!

XBLVIP TOPDOG
  7. Mistress Sara Win User

Xbox accounts

Hi there,

It's best to have each user have their own account.

On an Xbox One, you only need one account with a Live subscription. The account that has the subscription can make a console it's home console so games and the Live subscription will be shared with all users on that console. More info can be found here:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  8. Mark Sherwood Win User

I cant play games live!!!!!

Hello there AcademicName004 :)

In order to play games online you would indeed need to purchase a Gold Membership Subscription. You can find out more information on that via the below link.

http://www.xbox.com/Live/Join

There are several benefits of becoming a gold member and one of my favourites is the
    'Games with Gold' program. Users who have a gold membership will receive 2 free Xbox 360 games and 2 free Xbox One games each month. You can learn more about that by Clicking Here.

The subscription is cheap and more than worth its value.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  9. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

Games with Gold to become permanent

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="ArmyMedic75"]I can honestly say that ps+ benefits are a greater value than xbox gold.[/quote]PS+ costs me more in time than Live Gold. That alone makes it a worse value for me. The one feature I was paying for, system updates, has stopped happening
    without human intervention. Oh, sure, it downloads the updates, but it doesn't install them after the last bricking fiasco.

[/quote]

I guess all schools do not teach that $59.99 is more than $49.99. Oh well, enjoy your simple life.
Thema:

1. More than one user on Xbox LIVE GOLD. - Similar Threads - More user LIVE

2. Adding more structure to Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Adding more structure to Xbox Live: Someone from here said there's a place to post this where gaming engineers would see it, I'm 5 min late to work so I don't have time to look so. Hope you find this If you asked the general...
  3. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  4. bought logitech cloud. xbox cloud games all lag unless i pay more for something that i have...

in XboX Insiders
    bought logitech cloud. xbox cloud games all lag unless i pay more for something that i have...: bought the best cloud there is added another 1TB just because. both pc and xbox one most expensive packages. i have steam and omen too but Xbox cloud is the only one where it seems no cloud game...
  5. Ultimate Game Pass - new user. Works well but my XBOX ONE X has no more space to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ultimate Game Pass - new user. Works well but my XBOX ONE X has no more space to...: download more games. Tried everything I can think of but cannot figure out how to delete unwanted games. Thanks in advance! 1936aa9a-3642-42db-adb7-adb6f7ff315c
  6. Star Wars Battlefront 2: Celebration - More than one user

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars Battlefront 2: Celebration - More than one user: i have two kids that play Battlefront 2 on the family xbox. They both want the Celebration update. How do i make it accessible on both their profiles without buying it twice?...
  7. more of a long time user feedback

in XBoX Accessibility
    more of a long time user feedback: not sure how to say this. im not a pro. it seems like there are too many settings for different things, on the same thing, like- windows has there own settings... and the control panel has those...
  8. Really wish the Xbox app for Android was more user friendly...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Really wish the Xbox app for Android was more user friendly...: I would love it if it had the standard features of an actual remote, similar to the Cable/TV version. Having to swipe is very cumbersome, which is why I rarely touch the app. I would much rather...
  9. This is why PlayStation is more user friendly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    This is why PlayStation is more user friendly.: The system of enforcement for Xbox live is the most pathetic system ive seen. I got banned for no reason whatsoever but thats beside the point. The fact that a majority of your users use cuss...
  10. Setting up for my kids to play. I added me as a user already. I can't add more It is just in a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up for my kids to play. I added me as a user already. I can't add more It is just in a ...: I have set myself up as a user by I can't get past the screen for setting my kids up to play. If I wanted to play I can't get past the screen to let me play anything. It did charge my account .50...