More story line exclusive games.

Discus and support More story line exclusive games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Strange that the OP says we need better solo campaign games, with better stories, and yet the best selling games usually don't have great stories. In... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MASTASLICE, Apr 6, 2014.

  1. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

    More story line exclusive games.


    Strange that the OP says we need better solo campaign games, with better stories, and yet the best selling games usually don't have great stories.

    In fact a report recently said stories aren't as important in a game compared to good characters. Look at the GoW franchise, forgettable story, but strong characters.
     
    Shaggy2000, Apr 7, 2014
    #16
  2. Randver
    Randver Guest
    Games like The Last of US aren't going to appeal to everyone. I put it in my top 10 games of all time simply because it has one of the best stories ever written for a video game. I couldn't even tell you if the shooting or stealth mechanics were any good
    because that was simply something that got in the way of me continuing the story.

    The ADD crowd that just wants to kill stuff and button mashes through cut scenes isn't going to like that game. Developers are taking a risk making games like that knowing that it won't appeal to a large number of gamers.
     
    Randver, Apr 7, 2014
    #17
  3. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    Randver So true everyone wants Broke FPS. Its saddens me when good/Great games die because it does look like COD. by that I mean THE SAME THING. Not hating you COD Cuz its not COD faults Its the gamer who buy it.
     
    ZTROOPER16, Apr 7, 2014
    #18
  4. CRUZZifer
    CRUZZifer Guest

    More story line exclusive games.

    Like Shaggy2000 said, most games that are purely a single player/ story driven don't do as well. That's why most try to cram some sort of MP mode in their games. Most will wait for a price drop and quickly trade it in once they finish it.
     
    CRUZZifer, Apr 7, 2014
    #19
  5. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    GTA IV,Red Dead Redemption....Great stories,great gameplays,great characters....and hours to play.
     
    Tzar of kaos, Apr 7, 2014
    #20
  6. [quote user="Randver"]I couldn't even tell you if the shooting or stealth mechanics were any good because that was simply something that got in the way of me continuing the story.[/quote] And I sure as heck don't play games for their stories. I'm not going
    to forgive sub-par gamepaly because the the story is good(not that i thought it was that good to begin with in TLOU0.

    [quote user="Randver"]The ADD crowd that just wants to kill stuff and button mashes through cut scenes isn't going to like that game. Developers are taking a risk making games like that knowing that it won't appeal to a large number of gamers.[/quote] Sweeping
    generalizations, eh? The game sold like, what-7 mil?
     
    Pyramid Head15, Apr 7, 2014
    #21
  7. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @Pyramid

    It sold 6 plus million on the PS. I think most people would agree that most people who buy a PS are more open to playing those types of games. I own my PS's for JRPG's and adventure type games, the gamer that plays FPS's and is only going to buy one platform
    is going to buy a Xbox (that's an observation from last gen, mileage may vary this gen, we'll see).
     
    Randver, Apr 7, 2014
    #22
  8. More story line exclusive games.

    Yes...games like Red Dead Redemption. I really admire the effort Rockstar put into this game. They really created a believable world. I grew up in the country around horses and cattle and it's really cool how they really nailed the rugged environment.
    The story was very well done and plausible. All the little conversations that would go on between various characters as you rode side by side with them. It was very entertaining and realistic. These are the types of games I wouldn't think twice about dropping
    $60 for. Rockstar and Bioware always seem to blow my mind with character development.
     
    BizarroMantis, Apr 7, 2014
    #23
  9. I..don't really agree with that assessment. There isn't that much difference between the types of games released for either system. Sony already two shooters (resistance and Killzone) and an action-packed game(uncharted).

    I think it's disingenuous to suggest that Xbox owners wouldn't be interested in the game. But not everyone can afford two consoles.
     
    Pyramid Head15, Apr 7, 2014
    #24
  10. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @Pyramid

    This gen your statement is correct but when you look at last gen there was a big difference in what was available and how well certain genres sold. JRPG's is the perfect example, even games like the Dynasty Warriors series were much more accepted and popular
    on the PS than the Xbox.

    If you bring the JRPG's like Tales series, Disgaea, KH to the Xbox they won't sell nearly as well as on the PS. I'd be willing to bet there are people in this forum that will read the names of those games and have no idea what I'm talking about and that
    would apply to a large percentage of the Xbox community.
     
    Randver, Apr 7, 2014
    #25
  11. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    I really like getting stuck into a good single player game, the last one I played was 'The Last of Us' and loved it, almost had me in tears a few times lol.

    Really want/need a new one I can immerse myself in, I'm looking forward to Quantum Break.

    Edit. The last single player game I got stuck into was GTA5, forgot about that one.
     
    DWoodbine, Oct 31, 2018
    #26
  12. Tzar of kaos Win User

    More story line exclusive games.

    GTA IV,Red Dead Redemption....Great stories,great gameplays,great characters....and hours to play.
  13. ZTROOPER16 Win User

    More story line exclusive games.

    Randver So true everyone wants Broke FPS. Its saddens me when good/Great games die because it does look like COD. by that I mean THE SAME THING. Not hating you COD Cuz its not COD faults Its the gamer who buy it.
  14. BizarroMantis Win User

    More story line exclusive games.

    I want to play "The Last of Us"...looks really good. I expected Alan Wake to be better than it was. The story-line was really hard to follow at a certain point and then I was like HUH? at the end. I guess there was some dlc that had a more coherent explanation
    for what happened, but I didn't bother to download it. Once I was done, I was done.
  15. Pyramid Head15 Win User

    More story line exclusive games.

    I..don't really agree with that assessment. There isn't that much difference between the types of games released for either system. Sony already two shooters (resistance and Killzone) and an action-packed game(uncharted).

    I think it's disingenuous to suggest that Xbox owners wouldn't be interested in the game. But not everyone can afford two consoles.
  16. Pyramid Head15 Win User

    More story line exclusive games.

    [quote user="Randver"]I couldn't even tell you if the shooting or stealth mechanics were any good because that was simply something that got in the way of me continuing the story.[/quote] And I sure as heck don't play games for their stories. I'm not going
    to forgive sub-par gamepaly because the the story is good(not that i thought it was that good to begin with in TLOU0.

    [quote user="Randver"]The ADD crowd that just wants to kill stuff and button mashes through cut scenes isn't going to like that game. Developers are taking a risk making games like that knowing that it won't appeal to a large number of gamers.[/quote] Sweeping
    generalizations, eh? The game sold like, what-7 mil?
Thema:

More story line exclusive games.

Loading...
  1. More story line exclusive games. - Similar Threads - More story line

  2. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  3. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. do games with langulage region restrict get more langulage options after convert to digital ?

    in XboX Insiders
    do games with langulage region restrict get more langulage options after convert to digital ?: Not high enough level to participate in this new feture, just wanna know if a game listed A B C D E language options on the digital version, but the disk I got only allow A&B language, do I get...
  5. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Did AA batteries and the reused Xbox One UI hurt Xbox Series more than people admit?

    in XboX Insiders
    Did AA batteries and the reused Xbox One UI hurt Xbox Series more than people admit?: With the next Xbox generation getting closer, I keep wondering if Microsoft underestimated how important “next-gen identity” is for mainstream buyers. Do you think Xbox Series would’ve performed...
  8. More games with explicit content

    in XboX Insiders
    More games with explicit content: Should add more cloud games with explicit + sexual content that the lady wouldn’t know about submitted by /u/DragonfruitChance193 [link] [comments]
  9. Available for Xbox Insiders: More Groups on Home, Custom User Colors, Quick Resume...

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for Xbox Insiders: More Groups on Home, Custom User Colors, Quick Resume...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Things to add/bring back for more customization and support

    in XboX Insiders
    Things to add/bring back for more customization and support: BRING BACK AVATARS FOR THE COMMUNITY TO CUSTOMIZE THEIR ACCOUNT. THINGS TO ADD- GOOGLE CHROME DOWNLOAD WOULD BE NICE. CUSTOM PROFILE THEMES ARE A GREAT ADDITION. MORE GAMES PORTED FROM PLAYSTATION...