More customisation on home screen! Themes, ambience etc

Discus and support More customisation on home screen! Themes, ambience etc in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I love the new update with the font changes, sizes as well as the new curved look with the outline on buttons. Looks fancy and clear. My suggestion is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MrZombieJesus, Sep 9, 2020.

1. More customisation on home screen! Themes, ambience etc

I love the new update with the font changes, sizes as well as the new curved look with the outline on buttons. Looks fancy and clear.

My suggestion is a biggie for #Xbox. This could hopefully bring in new potential purchasers of Xbox. Its something missing that all other platforms on consoles and PC users use for the likes of Steam for example.

My idea is to have actual console themes. In the sense of something similar to what other platforms do. For example: ambience/sound effects while navigating. Music from a game you own on gamepass or physical (obviously licensed music only). Special backgrounds and transitions based on the game you choose to have your theme set.

The benefits you ask? This could be a way for Xbox to monetise their platform more. Have it so certain themes and ambience can only be applied through a purchase. While have creators be able to have a theme locked behind a purchase of a game. As well as having some free basic designs to shake up the menu. By all means have a classic option so if a user doesn't want this. They can revert to the current or old style menu system.

I recommend this as while I like the new changes. Xbox has an issue where the homepage and menus are too bland or mute. Having achievement art, colour or screenshot is okay, but again feels static. Think of it like how the original Xbox handled this. The reason why people picked it up wasn't just for games. It was its unique UI. The mystery of its sounds, ambience and tone. It gave gamers that feeling of unlocking the beast that was inside.

I understand there would need to be a lot of testing behind this. However this is what the insider program is all about. Us members helping fix things for the devs. Also as I mentioned before this could be funded by the players to purchase themes. This could give Xbox an incentive to work on.

So I've put together a poll. Vote "Yes" if you think this is something you would like to see or "No" if you prefer how things are going at the moment.

Please get involved, this is something I have always wanted to see return and be more fleshed out. This poll will run for 7 days and I hope Xbox will also interact with this.

I just want to see Xbox be more interactive and feel like its a gaming console rather than a PC.

View Poll

submitted by /u/MrZombieJesus
    [link] [comments]

/u/MrZombieJesus, Sep 9, 2020
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Xbox One Series X: Dashboard UI - Expectations/Improvements/Wishes

Dynamic themes would be good, I like the idea of moving stuff around on the home screen and customising to my hearts content.

The advert tiles don’t bother me at all, they can be great little reminders.
  3. NxtDoc1851 Win User

Avatars on the Xbox one anytime soon?

While I know there are many out there that would like to see their avatars have a more prominent role in the Xbox One home screen, the Xbox team has a lot more to work on before avatars make there way back into the home screen. (In my opinion)

Here is a few things that I believe that need addressing immediately

Consistent Achievement Unlocks

Themes! Both game themes as well as unique themes

Voice Messages!

A more stable party system

More Gamer pictures, both game and unique
  4. Francia J. Win User

Xbox Home Screen Customisation

Hi Dwavid, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

On my end, everything seems to be up and running. Kindly perform a power cycle and then try again.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. RyanOT Win User

Why I just have garden theme TAT?

At the Home screen, under the "Themes" section, select the Modern theme. It is selected by default, and is the top option if you have changed it. There are only two themes currently.
  6. ShaunPerry Win User

Fan-made "ultimate" Xbox One UI video gets Microsoft's attention

voteDC is right. The 360 had themes and you could customise the blades from launch.
Thema:

More customisation on home screen! Themes, ambience etc

1. More customisation on home screen! Themes, ambience etc - Similar Threads - More customisation home

2. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  3. More screen size options then having it stretch

in XBoX Accessibility
    More screen size options then having it stretch: Please add support up too 3440x1440 or add bars eaa81d30-d9ce-4823-a09c-a7e0446e84fc
  4. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  5. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  6. Not getting more than 10MB/sec to pre-load a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting more than 10MB/sec to pre-load a game: I have a 1Gbps connection and I'm only getting up to 10MB/sec. I should be getting up to 100MB/sec. What is wrong with Microsoft's servers? Are they capped or what? Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4GHz -...
  7. More customization on dashboard and games

in XboX Insiders
    More customization on dashboard and games: Can we have a a picture / live wallpaper behind ar games tab and the menu with chat and all that instead of just color. The live wallpaper bit will be part of the app I said. it be cool if we can...
  8. Ive been getting the we cant save more data for this game or app error and i cant find a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ive been getting the we cant save more data for this game or app error and i cant find a...: Ive been getting the error every time ive tried to load up baldurs gate 3 and nothing is working to fix it 0713df8e-1234-4c7c-a8e0-027a95346947
  9. add more customization to xbox notifications

in XboX Insiders
    add more customization to xbox notifications: it would be nice to have the option to mute the sound of some notifications such as game clip and screenshot because while having a visual feedback is useful, when you start to take at least 2...
  10. Are you going to bring back the achieve more, earn more quest? Where we can earn any...

in XBoX on Windows
    Are you going to bring back the achieve more, earn more quest? Where we can earn any...: I want to know if the achieve more, earn more quest will come back so i can earn achievements from non-game pass games like Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, Assassins Creed Unity, etc.? I want to...