Monitor keeps flickering when i play minecraft on xbox one

Discus and support Monitor keeps flickering when i play minecraft on xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; while playing Minecraft bedrock on my Xbox one, my monitor keeps flickering to a black screen with the game sound still playing. if i stay still and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KalynSeaton, May 16, 2023.

1. KalynSeaton
    KalynSeaton Guest

while playing Minecraft bedrock on my Xbox one, my monitor keeps flickering to a black screen with the game sound still playing. if i stay still and don't move after it turns black, my monitor goes into sleep mode.

I've tried turning down my monitor resolution since you cant change the resolution on Minecraft bedrock, turning down my frame rate in game, turning down my render distance, removing all of the fancy graphics and effects, I've done full resets on my Xbox, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

none of these efforts helped, all of the help online for an issue like this are all for PCs and not console. I'm at a complete loss of what to do at this point.

i don't have the funds to buy new HDMI cable and i don't feel like i need one since this issue only happens with minecraft. i can run games like Ark and Overwatch no bother but minecraft does this.

someone please help, i love this game and don't want this to stop me from playing!

thank you for reading

:)

KalynSeaton, May 16, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Thanks for the update. Don't worry about the insider program in that case.

May I know if you tried using a different resolution and disabling HDR or other options in case you have enabled some?

And do you know if Minecraft received an update before you started to experience this?
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello, reviewing your last reply. It seems to be more like an issue with the game and not your console.

I say this due to the thing you're saying with the clip recorded. I mean, the issue happens even if you record your game play

I recommend to report this to Minecraft using the next link
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

But if you want to try one more thing before that, you can try to perform an offline update for your console.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
    It's optional
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Kalynseaton, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

But before that please tell me:

Is this happening with more games or just Minecraft?
    Is your console enrolled in the Xbox insider program?
    May I know if you tried to connect your console to a different HDMI port in your TV?
    Or connecting the console itself to a different TV?
  5. KalynSeaton Win User

Hi, i have tried this with all of my other games but it only happens with Minecraft.

My xbox is not enrolled in the xbox insider program and im not quite sure what that is.

I have tried all my TV ports, a different TV in my house and ive tried all their ports.

Thank you for replying!
  6. KalynSeaton Win User

I have, i went down to 720p and 1080p but they still had the flickering.

I remember it not always being like this, i think it started happening in the last year but im not sure what update might have caused this.

EDIT: I recorded a clip of it happening on my Xbox a few minutes ago to help you see what I’m dealing with. When I went to watch over the video on my phone to actually send it however the black outs weren’t on my phone, when I watched the reply on my Xbox it still had those black flickers. Even watching the reply, if I stopped the video when my cream blacked out, it would still put my monitor to sleep.
Thema:

1. Monitor keeps flickering when i play minecraft on xbox one - Similar Threads - Monitor keeps flickering

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  5. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz: I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz alot of people are saying its because its actually 119.88 or whatever but my monitor works when its 1080p 120hz so i dont get how...
  6. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  7. Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...: i just want to know if i can have my cousins monitor transfer whats going on on his screen to mine using a doouble sided vga cable a77495bc-7272-4995-90d1-fbd54e9775ff
  8. How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?: All of the cables are plugged in and the xbox turns on and allows controllers to connect to it. we've already tried changing cables and that doesn't work. it just does not display to my monitor...
  9. Monitor keeps going black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor keeps going black: Monitor keeps turning black for 4 seconds every minute at least but it depends what game I’m playing where it does it more on not 252f383e-8db2-4fec-974e-d59f67bcbef9
  10. Series x keeps resetting with new monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps resetting with new monitor: I just bought a new monitor and I have decided to plug my Xbox series x into it to use instead of a tv. However every time I turn on my Xbox it resets and I have to sign into all of my Netflix...