Money not showing in account to use

Discus and support Money not showing in account to use in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I added £15 to my son’s Microsoft account to use on his Xbox. The balance including this is showing in the online account but not on the family app.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LisaSN, Dec 29, 2023.

1. LisaSN
    LisaSN Guest

I added £15 to my son’s Microsoft account to use on his Xbox. The balance including this is showing in the online account but not on the family app. When I try to authorise the purchase of vbucks it’s asking me to add money when there is enough in there in the online account. We tried re-requesting the purchase but I didn’t get sent authorisation to accept. Any ideas how to fix this please?

:)

LisaSN, Dec 29, 2023
  2. DanielaSiorek Win User

Hello. I had a similar problem this week and found that if you wait about 24 hours the money shows up in the Xbox account. Apparently, there is a lag from the time you deposit money in the Microsoft account and the time it shows up in the Xbox account.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hello LisaSN, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal data.

I'm very sorry for the problem you're going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a post by Tomm_A. a moderator, where he mentions the steps to solve this problem with the balance that is not updated and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

It appears you are experiencing issues with your Microsoft balance not updating in the Xbox store. Let us help you by providing you with the necessary steps to help resolve the issue or direct you to the dedicated support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Change your payment option.

Find a game and click buy. When the following screen appears prompting you to click buy, you agree to the store's terms of sale. Don't buy the game, click on your Microsoft balance to change it. A list of payment options should then appear with your Microsoft balance showing the correct amount. Click on it and that should fix the problem. You may also have to do a hard reset of the console afterwards.

2. Check if there are any pending updates for your Xbox console. If there are, install them and try again.

3. Sign out of your Microsoft account on your Xbox console and sign in again.

If the issue persists, please contact our live support channel because they have the tool to check what is causing the issue and can fix it in real-time so you can shop from the Microsoft store again. Please use this link: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/04cfac98-18eb-40c5-936d-bd8435740c76

You can also do this, add the game to the basket and check out, see if it works for you.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Money not showing on child’s account

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you are having issues with currency. We recommend to request a call from support so they can assist you. This is a known issue and is being investigated currently. We are sorry for any inconvenience this
    may cause.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Subscriptions & billing
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue I can't redeem a code then hit next

Step 4 ----scroll down to select request a call

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

As there is nothing more the forums can do, I will be locking this thread.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. Lainey80-FD198825-F6 Win User

Using money in microsoft account

I would like to know why I can't use money in my account to, theres no reason for it really is there beyond MS getting more money out of customers. Dispicable practice.
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

Using money in microsoft account

You cannot use the money in your account to purchase an xbox live subscription. You will need either a card purchased from a retailer or use a credit/debit card
Thema:

1. Money not showing in account to use - Similar Threads - Money showing account

2. Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...: I need help with my gift card that says I have redeemed wont let me use the money or show up on my Xbox except for the Microsoft account credit saying it was redeemed...
  3. I paid for a whale shark cash and money isn’t showing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for a whale shark cash and money isn’t showing: Help will be appreciated. I purchased a GTA Online Whale Shark Cash Card (£27.71) through the XBox store (shows completed in my order history). It is not showing up in my game account. I have...
  4. Money was debited from my bank account but game is not showing up on my Xbox library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Money was debited from my bank account but game is not showing up on my Xbox library: I purchased a game using UPI from the Xbox Store The purchase was inititated and I did provide my OTP on my UPI wallet. The purchase was completed from my end and the transaction is showing as...
  5. I redeemed a gift card and it gave me the money but the money I got doesn’t show when u try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a gift card and it gave me the money but the money I got doesn’t show when u try...: I redeemed a gift card and i got the money but its not showing up on the xbox store. It tells me i have the money when i check in setting but when i go back to the store and try to buy something...
  6. I added money 2 my account but it won't show up in the store help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I added money 2 my account but it won't show up in the store help: I added money 2 my account but it won't show up in the store help 6d248416-c05e-4c35-9224-a5d69275bada
  7. Got money put on microsoft account but won't show up on Xbox

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Got money put on microsoft account but won't show up on Xbox: Anyone know why my money balance won't update when I try to buy something on xbox store? a5a646c6-af41-43be-a8bf-76aef58ad301
  8. I bought a movie it took the money out but won't show up in collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a movie it took the money out but won't show up in collection: I bought ted2 on sale last night and it didn't pop up in collection but i got the email saying I pu heard it so I gave it a day to sit and the movie still hasn't showed up...
  9. Microsoft money doesn't show on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft money doesn't show on xbox one: Hey I added money on my microsoft account but doesn't show on my xbox one console. The money shows on my xbox account on de xbox website i have 105 euro but on de console it shows i have 15.21 €...
  10. Money on my Xbox account won't show up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Money on my Xbox account won't show up: So I bought $30 of Microsoft points, here in MI, US. I normally have my xbox with me in Canada since I am studying there, but this term I was in the US. Anyway, so after buying the $30, and...