Money added but balance still reads zero

Discus and support Money added but balance still reads zero in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Topped up my sons balance on Microsoft yesterday. However still showing as £0.00 balance. Payment has come out of my account and showing on the your... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lisa watson2, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Lisa watson2
    Lisa watson2 Guest

Topped up my sons balance on Microsoft yesterday. However still showing as £0.00 balance. Payment has come out of my account and showing on the your family app as recent transaction.

:)

Lisa watson2, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi again Lisa

If my previous answer didn't help you, try signing in to your Microsoft account again. To do this, follow these steps:

-Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.
    -Select Profile & system > Settings > Account.
    -Select Account Information.
    -Select "Sign out".
    -Select "Sign in".

Normally these problems usually occur due to a delay and that usually solves it, but if the balance is still not reflected in your account you can try to contact support since that is something that has to do with payments and billing. We cannot solve these types of problems here in the forum since we are players like you who help each other with basic problems, we are not Microsoft employees.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
    Jhon
  3. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Lisa, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

This appears to be an issue with balance syncing. Your child's balance may not yet be reflected in the Microsoft system or may be slow to arrive.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

-Restart your Xbox console. Sometimes sync issues can be caused by temporary issues with the console.
    -Try connecting to the Internet with an Ethernet cable. This can help improve the stability of your connection.
    -Try signing out and signing back in to your Microsoft account.
    -Try clearing the Xbox app cache. To do this, open the Settings app, go to “Apps & Games,” and then select “Installed Apps & Games.” Find the Xbox app and select "Advanced Options." Then select "Clear cache".

If you have followed these steps and still do not see the updated balance, you can contact me again and I will provide you with a link to another form of help with technical support because this has to do with payments and billing and us as a forum. Players cannot solve these types of problems because we are not Microsoft employees.

Additional Tips:

-Check that you have entered your child's correct email when you topped up their balance.
    -Check that you have used the correct payment method when replenishing your balance.
    It is possible that if you used a different one then that could be the reason why it is taking.

Best regards
    Jhon
  4. Simon Crosbie Win User

Trying to buy FC24 points for my son

Hi Kathy

Sorry we hadn’t responded sooner.

We had enough money in the account but we seemed to encounter a glitch…

The desktop view of the account showed the correct balance - but the app view showed a zero balance but also showed the transaction of incoming money.

We added more funds via the app and it then recognised the original balance - my son was happy as he had double the amount originally asked for!

Best

Simon
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Added money but no balance

Hi Hussain1985! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you can't see the charge on the order history in the next link on the account that made the purchase of the balance, not the account on which you expect to receive it, is probably because you received an error message during the purchase

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

If that's the case, that money will usually returns to your account automatically after sometime, usually not longer than 48 hrs

If you can find the transaction on the link, please share a screenshot of it without showing personal information
  6. DanielaSiorek Win User

I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.

I have the same issue. Added $25 to my son's Microsoft Account so he could buy things in Forza Horizon 5. The transaction went through according to my credit card and I see his balance is $25 in the Xbox Family app and on his Microsoft Account page on the PC. BUT when he goes to purchase a car pack in the game on his Xbox console it says he has no money.

I am seeing people say that the funds showed up 24 hours later. This would make sense for scammer prevention, but if this waiting period is on purpose LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT. I'll wait until tomorrow morning and hopefully the funds appear.
Thema:

1. Money added but balance still reads zero - Similar Threads - Money added balance

2. Declined my order and still took my money!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Declined my order and still took my money!!: Hii. I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition for ₹999.50 and i bought it on the minecraft site. I used paysafe payment method. I bought it my balance on paysafe goes down and then i try to...
  3. How tot get my money back from the pass . I Don t want it

in XBoX on Windows
    How tot get my money back from the pass . I Don t want it: They stole the money from my card I Don t want the pass d98df6f0-a9f6-44b1-8859-5493d561e1a7
  4. Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?: Recently got money for xbox and wanted to know if i can withdraw the money from it f4f6e7cd-00ee-4076-afcb-2adacd9779f2
  5. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  6. My monthly subscription was yesterday and i canceled it the day of, still took my money and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My monthly subscription was yesterday and i canceled it the day of, still took my money and...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 2f49321d-885a-4c51-9d27-8feaddf173b4
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. I purchased apex coins on apex legends but I didn't get my coins and it took my money, but...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased apex coins on apex legends but I didn't get my coins and it took my money, but...: apex coins on apex legends but I didn't get my coins and it took my money, but it isn't showing up on my billing history. fb6440a3-9a68-47d9-8dce-5c96d73a82c0
  9. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...
  10. I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.: Hello, I've been trying to add money to my child's account with no luck. The transaction was approved, but his balance remains at zero. I can see the order on my order history, but the funds went...