Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable

Discus and support Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The way I think I still don't get why the same faces ( I'm not saying they don't have the right to post ) keep on about Xbox One, Kinect when for as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WildChameleon, Apr 15, 2014.

  1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

    Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable


    The way I think I still don't get why the same faces ( I'm not saying they don't have the right to post ) keep on about Xbox One, Kinect when for as long as I can remember on this forum that it just doesn't interest them, I just don't get this, well not
    fully.

    I mean when we got our last TV, it was a choice between a Samsung or an LG, in the end we chose Samsung because it overall it suited us more. Now since the Samsung has been made a new home in our living room I haven't felt the need to spend loads of time
    daily bashing LG, I'm happy so why would I? I certainly wouldn't go hunting down LG owners and saying why I opted for the Samsung as others prefer LG, no need to constantly justify ;-)
     
    Lofty Who, Apr 19, 2014
    #16
  2. Samsung FTW! I have 1 too... Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable :)
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #17
  3. PMathan
    PMathan Guest
    I don't think MS should have a separate Kinect bundle but instead bring price parity with the PS4. In any case I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Kinectless bundle at below PS4 price either.
     
    PMathan, Apr 19, 2014
    #18
  4. Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable

    Here's a question - for those of you who think the Xbox One is too expensive because of the Kinect, would you have been more likely to purchase the console if they brought the price down to $450? That is to say, lower than it is now, but still not as low
    as the price point of Sony's console?
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #19
  5. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    @ GG, No, there are people that don't want kinect, and if they did buy the console at a cheaper price with kinect the loser would be MS, better to make a cheaper sku without kinect and some profit I think.
     
    eviltedi, Apr 19, 2014
    #20
  6. I'm not so sure. You're right about MS losing out if they sold the console with Kinect at a lower price, but I'm inclined to believe that selling a cheaper SKU without the Kinect sensor would be a mistake on multiple fronts and that MS realizes this. I'm
    not willing to dig it up, but I gave a really good argument regarding this very thing months ago showing the pros and cons of what we have now vs. a Kinectless bundle or a cheaper console. With that argument, I was able to show that what MS was doing now was
    the best possible solution for the largest amount of people with the fewest drawbacks, or at least the least of multiple evils.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #21
  7. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    I cant't disagree, but what's the point of including it if it's not being used, gamers will not buy the console at £450 with it , they drop the price, ok, MS take the hit, the gamers buy the console MS lose money, the gamer shoves the Kinect in a dark cupboard,
    I see no point in that, what does MS gain ?
     
    eviltedi, Apr 19, 2014
    #22
  8. LTA Soldier
    LTA Soldier Guest

    Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable

    It's funny because i think Fable the journey would've functioned far smoother and been much more responsive with this version of kinect which could've made him money lol

    I loved black n white but it wasn't without flaws, i thoroughly enjoyed fable even tho it was far more linear and shorter than i anticipated but he should worry about making games.... new ones at that since fables getting milked (hd remakes, arcade games
    n so on) and leave the console stuff to the console company.

    End of this console with a high tech bit of camera hardware cost me exactly the same as my ps3 which at the time lacked a-lot of things and didnt offer anywhere near as much as the box is for the price, except the ability to play my ps1 and 2 disks which
    i didnt really care for i played the games to death, cept warriors, can never go wrong with a bit of *** kicking on warriors :/
     
    LTA Soldier, Apr 19, 2014
    #23
  9. Can't see them dropping Kinect
     
    MessiahBrowny, Apr 19, 2014
    #24
  10. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    They can't Messiah, and I wouldn't want them to, my kids love it, but there's a lot of gamers that do not want it, would it not be better if MS got them back on board with a kinectless console ?
     
    eviltedi, Apr 19, 2014
    #25
  11. Eviltedi, the idea behind including it to begin with is to get people who aren't willing to try it to do the exact opposite and actually try it. Even if they don't like it and decide not to use it, MS has still succeeded in increasing the chances that they
    get a new fan with EVERY. SINGLE. CONSOLE. SOLD. Also, it helps make developers more comfortable with innovating for it because they know that everyone "should" have access to one. We get more features at a relatively fair price (it only doesn't seem fair
    because of the competition and foreign mark-ups, like in the UK) as consumers, the developers don't have to worry about people not owning one, and MS gets what they want without losing money. Everybody wins. As for everyone who chooses not to use it, for any
    reason, they're simply not getting the full value out of the console that they paid for because they actively choose to do so - in a way, they kind of win too because they still have the choice of whether to actually use it or not.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #26
  12. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    I know the idea for it, but there are many that won't buy it, I get the potential for the new fan with every console sold, but what about the ones that won't buy, are MS happy enough to see them walk, I wouldn't bet on it.
     
    eviltedi, Apr 19, 2014
    #27
  13. Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable

    You're right, they're probably not happy about it, but sales have proven that more than enough people have bought there console for them to make a profit and blow their own profit margins through the roof (especially since they're making a profit off of
    EVERY. SINGLE. CONSOLE. SOLD.), regardless of the competition (who is actually losing money on every console sold).

    As for those consumers not willing to buy MS' console, it's a win-win for them too since they still have the choice of buying 1 of the other 2 major consoles new to the market or even not buying one at all.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #28
  14. LTA Soldier
    LTA Soldier Guest
    I can see MS trying to educate them before dropping kinect, identify why they don't want it and try and tackle it in a update kind of sense..

    is it lack of games, is it having to stand there saying the command a few times making them feel slightly embarrassed around others (yes i worry my neighbour will hear me saying xbox on a few times a morning). are they being spied on, where's the more adult
    orientated kinect games (like cards or roulette, games you play with your hands in rl) so and so forth.

    As much as i bad mouth indie i think kinect is a tool they could really use as a way to boost themselves, create good quality fun games on that and you're in a practically untapped market

    I think a large chunk of the xb1 potential market just needs prising away from the 360, beef up the one get the content on par, offer them a good deal they can't really refuse and i think kinect would probably be just seen as an extra, half of my mates
    wont move on simply because of GTA 5, they are online everyday all day...... saddens me at times lol
     
    LTA Soldier, Apr 19, 2014
    #29
  15. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    @GG

    -

    I have not seen any sales figures, I also don't care what Sony are doing, I care what my friends are doing, and out of 25, 3 or 4 of us have Xbox Ones, the rest are a mix between 360 and going to PS, and the latter because of Kinect,

    -

    I know I'm not alone, I have seen threads here and on other sites for friends on Xbox One,

    -

    I asked this question many times in other threads, and it has never been answered,

    -

    What gave MS the idea that everyone that never used, liked or needed Kinect would all of a sudden embrace it ?
     
    eviltedi, Apr 19, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable

Loading...
  1. Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable - Similar Threads - Molyneux Without Kinect

  2. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  3. Locked out of Xbox account without solutions

    in XboX Insiders
    Locked out of Xbox account without solutions: On 4/2 I changed my password and bought Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 on my XBOX account. Since then I've been locked out of my account. I have access to both my account email and 2FA phone number....
  4. Hack/ Guide to get gamepass 100% without paying

    in XboX Insiders
    Hack/ Guide to get gamepass 100% without paying: Guys, today I want to share this hack/guide that not many people know about, on how to get Xbox Game Pass Core for free just by using Bing for daily searches. Like me, there are many people who...
  5. What games are on Ultimate, Premium, and Essential for an Xcloud player without a console?

    in XboX Insiders
    What games are on Ultimate, Premium, and Essential for an Xcloud player without a console?: I can't find a list anywhere.. Am I missing something obvious? Seems like somethign that could be crystal clear to find if I'm decided to keep game-pass and choose which tier go to to next. For...
  6. Exiting Xbox Update Preview without factory refresh

    in XboX Insiders
    Exiting Xbox Update Preview without factory refresh: I am currently in the Delta Ring and I enjoy getting new updates however since joining the program achievements have started having this large delay in unlocking. This is annoying enough (some...
  7. How to Record Xbox Series X Gameplay with Party Chat (Without Elgato)?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to Record Xbox Series X Gameplay with Party Chat (Without Elgato)?: "I want to record gameplay on my Xbox Series X with my own voice and my friends’ voices. Is there any way to do that?" Without elgato ❤️ submitted by /u/Abdulrahman71 [link] [comments]
  8. Changing xbox account emails without resetting progress for games

    in XboX Insiders
    Changing xbox account emails without resetting progress for games: I know that upon creating an xbox account that you tie it to an email. The problem with this is that, at least for children growing up, those xbox accounts use their parents' emails to make sure...
  9. How do I unlink an account on Minecraft PS4 without having access to the account, or how do...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unlink an account on Minecraft PS4 without having access to the account, or how do...: So, I am trying to add a new microsoft account on Minecraft, but there is already an account linked to my PSN, and I forgot the email and password, I only know the username, HeadyWhistle104, and I...
  10. Spencer: Dropping Kinect not number one request; Molyneux: Kinect free Xbox is coming

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Spencer: Dropping Kinect not number one request; Molyneux: Kinect free Xbox is coming: Spencer: Dropping Kinect not number one request; Molyneux:... a306a88f-347f-4a70-b4f9-342467209dfb