Moderate or Strict Nat type, Xfinity Service provider and Netgear Nighthawk X6 r8000

Discus and support Moderate or Strict Nat type, Xfinity Service provider and Netgear Nighthawk X6 r8000 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Justin, currently i have ran into the problem of a moderate or strict nat, it varies sometimes, but this issue has become very frustrating. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShiFT Supreme, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Moderate or Strict Nat type, Xfinity Service provider and Netgear Nighthawk X6 r8000

Hi, I'm Justin, currently i have ran into the problem of a moderate or strict nat, it varies sometimes, but this issue has become very frustrating. I had switched service providers in order to get a open nat, which lasted a good month or two, but then went
    right back to moderate and strict, making it hard to play some games with my friends(for example ark). I had found the thread on the Nat type error and followed all the instructions, adding the portforwards, turning upnp on and off, but none of these resolved
    my problem. I contacted my internet service provider, whom said that they had everything clear on their side, that all ports were open and that i should be capable of having a open nat, which then i contacted net gear and tried to resolve the issue. No matter
    what I have tried i keep on getting a moderate or strict nat, which is very displeasing. I no longer am under warranty and I'm running out of options and patience with this. I have tried hard resetting my xbox, i have reset my modem and router multiple times
    and found no difference. I really would like to fix this issue and would appreciate it if done so.

Additional info

Packet loss- 0%

Detailed Nat Info.- Your network is behind a UPnP port-restricted nat ( i have tried turning UPnP off and on, the leaving it off completely, didn't solve issue)

Status Code- 0x0000040000000000

:)

ShiFT Supreme, Apr 14, 2017
  2. wrsanders
    wrsanders Guest
    Random disconnects in game/party, but not from live

Motorola SB6141 modem

Netgear Nighthawk x6 R8000 router

wrsanders, Apr 14, 2017
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Disconnecting every 15 precise minutes

DINO, who is your Internet service provider and do you have the latest version of firmware running on your netgear?

Is your Xbox ip address/DNS set to auto and have you changed any settings on the Netgear, maybe UPnP, or Portforwarding or DMZ?

@Thadyjack can you try this:-
    www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../62-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

GMAN990, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Moderate or Strict Nat type, Xfinity Service provider and Netgear Nighthawk X6 r8000

Sorry, also forgot to mention that after UPnP is off it says "Your network is behind a port-restricted nat"

ShiFT Supreme, Apr 14, 2017
  5. ShiFT Supreme Win User

Moderate or Strict Nat type, Xfinity Service provider and Netgear Nighthawk X6 r8000

Sorry, also forgot to mention that after UPnP is off it says "Your network is behind a port-restricted nat"
  6. wrsanders Win User

Random disconnects in game/party, but not from live

Motorola SB6141 modem

Netgear Nighthawk x6 R8000 router
  7. taidara Win User

Connection Woes and Poor Upload Speed

Greetings!

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]Modem: Westell Versalink Model 327W

Router: Netgear Nighthawk X6[/quote]May I ask, is your Versalink 327W operating in bridge, or pass-through mode?

Since you already connect an additional layer of NAT (Netgear Nighthawk), the Versalink 327W has to be operating as a standard modem, and not as a wireless router/NAT.

Please let us know what you find out.
  8. GMAN990 Win User

Disconnecting every 15 precise minutes

DINO, who is your Internet service provider and do you have the latest version of firmware running on your netgear?

Is your Xbox ip address/DNS set to auto and have you changed any settings on the Netgear, maybe UPnP, or Portforwarding or DMZ?

@Thadyjack can you try this:-
    www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../62-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate
  9. nvserg Win User

My Xbox One X keeps crashing my home network

Ackis,

im sorry, your right. Im using a

Netgear Nighthawk x6

AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi router
Thema:

1. Moderate or Strict Nat type, Xfinity Service provider and Netgear Nighthawk X6 r8000 - Similar Threads - Moderate Strict Nat

2. Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador: Me and other random people are banned in Forza Forums just for requesting the Aventador Roadster, many people wanted the car added and voted for it to make it to the top, but they were removed....
  3. my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help: Having problems with network P2pU cant get it working, my Nat is moderate and i need to get it open? Pls help 97599c18-a918-440f-8f40-e87bc695b8cc
  4. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  5. Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?: IS there any Xbox live Ambassadors or Moderators on this Forums page can help me? Regarding the xbox support or a way to contact the Customer services by phone etc, sunce I've trying to contact...
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. I have the Xbox series x and trying to play moder warfare 3. Error code 0x87e10020

in XboX Insiders
    I have the Xbox series x and trying to play moder warfare 3. Error code 0x87e10020: I have gotten this error code 0x87e10020 4 times now. The only thing I can do is Uninstaller the game and reinstall it. Or I have to factory reset it every time. Turning it on and off and...
  8. Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?: I am having issue with my Xbox series x connection . NAT type is moderate and UPnP not successful . How to solve this I tried what I could. Thank you 34f49f2f-1e2a-4c28-8c18-bea6ab4f7c46
  9. why do you moderate private conversations?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why do you moderate private conversations?: Hello I have one xbox friend ONE. We talk on xbox about games. We had our usual conversation about a game and we both talked about killing things and we both used the same profanity. The...
  10. I can’t find a bo3 multiplayer match my nat type is moderate inside the game I can also...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t find a bo3 multiplayer match my nat type is moderate inside the game I can also...: I have all dlcs and downloaded all dlcs 6176f668-6dcf-41f9-9381-7b601c4b097d