Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

Discus and support Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ben smith9, Mar 21, 2024.

1. ben smith9
    ben smith9 Guest

Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the controller connects and disconnects from any device trying to connect to it. Yes I did all of the obvious things like using known good batteries, making sure they are in the correct way, etc. Also no you cannot revert firmware on model 1914. That only works for 17xx. While it works as intended when connected directly to a device via USB-C, for my purposes this thing is pretty much bricked. This started happening immediately after the firmware update and it was working perfectly fine 5 mins previous to it.

:)

ben smith9, Mar 21, 2024
  2. EugeneGriffin Win User

Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When will this be fixed?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C. welcome to the community.

Hello Gerald46547645873459, try to follow the procedures below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

And make sure your console already has the last September update.
    This does not work for the 1914 Xbox Controller. This only works for controllers before the 1914 model. There needs to be an option that works for the 1914 model controller.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware 5.20.7.0. Xbox button blinks rapidly, controller connects and disconnects just as quickly.

Hello ben smith9,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Model 1914 controller after updating the firmware. Based on the symptoms you've described, it's possible that the firmware update may have caused a compatibility issue with the battery power source.

One thing you can try is to perform a hard reset on the controller by holding down the Xbox button for 10 seconds until the controller turns off, then turn it back on and try to connect it to your device again. If that doesn't work, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a replacement if the controller is still under warranty.

They can escalate your case to our dedicated hardware team to possibly provide you with the best possible resolution for this issue. I would love to check your controller here on my end, but we do not have that option since we do not have the tool to process that here on community.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns. I will be waiting for you and I would be more than glad to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. AustinBeauchamp Win User

Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss of PC bluetooth functionality

Bluetooth flips between not recognizing the controller at all, and recognizing it but failing to connect. The above method doesn't work.

As I mentioned in the original post, attempting to roll back the firmware gives a popup:

"this controller is already up to date."

Even though I did a firmware update.

I promise you, this is a firmware issue. Something was broken in the latest update for 1914 model controllers. My brother has the exact same controller and bluetooth module and his works perfectly fine because he didn't update his firmware. My controller worked until I updated mine.

If there's some way you can submit a bug report to the firmware dev team, please do so. On Windows I can't find a way to report this problem directly to Microsoft.
  5. Miguel Molina O Win User

Why are my Dell Visor VR controllers marked as paired even though they're not?

Okay I see, we gonna do a device recovery then

To recover your device:

1. Unplug and power off the controllers.

2. Open the battery cover.

3. Insert batteries (ensure you have good batteries when performing device recovery).

4. Press and hold the pairing button (tab at the bottom under the batteries).

5. While holding the pairing button, power on the controller by pressing and holding the Windows button for 5 seconds (keep both buttons held).

6. Release the buttons and wait for the controller to power on. This takes up to 15 seconds and there are no indicators when the device recovery is happening. If device powers on immediately on button release, recovery button sequence did not get registered and you need to try again.

7. Remove the old controller associations from the Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth & other devices, and select Visor controller - Left or Visor controller - Right and Remove device. After that, pair the controller to the computer again. (In your case ignore this step)

8. After connecting with the host and Dell Visor, the device will update the firmware to the latest available.

9. After the firmware has been updated, you need to unpair and pair the controllers again to get it to work properly.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

new xbox controller feels slow and delayed

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today SW1F7

May I know if this is happening only with fortnite when you use this controller? Or is with all your games?

The controller firmware is up to date and everything?

That's the latest model, also known as 1914, try double checking this in the little label that appears as soon as you open the lid, I have three Xbox Controllers including the 20th anniversary controller and is the same 1914.
Thema:

1. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware... - Similar Threads - Model 1914 controller

2. Help for a Japanese Xbox 360 (2006 model) - step down transformer, power supply, etc. etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help for a Japanese Xbox 360 (2006 model) - step down transformer, power supply, etc. etc.: Hello, I'm Alex (Alessandro) from Italy. 1 month ago I bought an used Japanese Xbox 360 (mint condition) from a Japanese Ebay seller (100% positive feedbacks). This console is only 100-110v (in...
  3. WHich models of Xbox can read HFS+ files

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHich models of Xbox can read HFS+ files: I am looking to purchase a used xbox and use it as a media player. I have a HDD formatted to HFS+ format. Which Xbox console can read the videos(movies) from the drive?...
  4. So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...: I took it apart and there was nothing but the necessary things so I said "well, that is a broken HDMI port 95b9a624-d368-4269-81c0-89f1f46b5c7a
  5. What is the warranty period of a Xbox controller model 1914

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the warranty period of a Xbox controller model 1914: What is the warranty period of a Xbox controller model 1914? fde6e08a-e411-4c0e-b28a-0e637144b2d5
  6. Xbox controller model 1914 is not compatible with most Android games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller model 1914 is not compatible with most Android games: Please help! My Hisense infinity h50 is picking up my xbox series s wireless controller as a keyboard xbox controller model 1914 xbox series s robo whit So basically tye problem I have is that i...
  7. No rumble with new Model 1914 Xbox Controller in Xbox Cloud Gaming (Edge).

in XBoX on Consoles
    No rumble with new Model 1914 Xbox Controller in Xbox Cloud Gaming (Edge).: I recently bought a new Xbox Controller, the Model 1914 (comes with the new consoles). I bought the one that came with a 9 ft USB C cable. I downloaded the Xbox Accessories app, plugged my...
  8. Compatibility with Xbox Series Controller (Model 1914) and Xbox Wireless Adapter V1 (Model...

in XBoX on Windows
    Compatibility with Xbox Series Controller (Model 1914) and Xbox Wireless Adapter V1 (Model...: Hello, I would like to buy a Xbox Series Controller (Model 1914) to play on PC, and i already have an Xbox Wireless Adapter V1 (Model 1713, the first big one). This will work together, or do i...
  9. Controller model 1914

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller model 1914: Hi I’ve bought a new carbon black xbox wireless controller, model 1914. When i try to fit the battery pack from my slightly older controller it won’t fit. This is very annoying as they seem...
  10. Xbox controller (Model 1914) randomly disconnecting from Windows 10 PC over Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller (Model 1914) randomly disconnecting from Windows 10 PC over Bluetooth: Got an issue with the new xbox series x controllers -- I get random disconnects when playing games using the model 1914 controller. Just to note - I have the model 1708 controller and do not have...