Mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings while switching my Home Xbox

Discus and support Mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings while switching my Home Xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. Last night, I made my friends console my Home Xbox and vice versa. While signing into their account, I mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Octabir, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Octabir
    Octabir Guest

Hello. Last night, I made my friends console my Home Xbox and vice versa. While signing into their account, I mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings from their previous Xbox, so only one of their games were transferred to my library. I removed their account then readded it so that I could apply their settings, but their games still won't transfer. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Octabir, Oct 4, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Game sharing outside your physical household is a violation of TOS and can lead to account and console bans
  3. DeniqL Win User

gaming and membership

Can you double check if his account is set as home xbox on your new console. Maybe he mistakenly switched it back to the old one.

with HIS account on the NEW console:

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

Check if the home xbox option is ticked
  4. OzRonyu Win User

Specific 4k UHD Blu Ray Discs Not Working on Xbox One S

seriously? reset my xbox and lose all my settings? ok i respect troubleshooting steps process and fingercross...

try twice,

one apply with my old settings: same errror code

second time, did not apply old settings, chose energy saving mode : error 0x91d70001
  5. Kirin Win User

cannot set my home Xbox

Did u ever get it fix this is the same exact issue I am having and tried everything like you do
    Yes, I eventually found that switching the console location to another country allowed me to set the Xbox as my home Xbox. Once set as the home Xbox, I was able to switch the location back to US while keeping it the home Xbox.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

X-box live doesn't work anymore on another user within the same network

Hello Luuk,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issue with the home console set up. We recommend going to the console the home console is set to for the profile with Xbox live. When you go to the home Xbox setting select remove my home Xbox. Afterwards
    then select make this my home Xbox. This does not use a switch as you are not switching to a different console. This refreshes the setting. Once done try and use the live on another account on that console.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings while switching my Home Xbox - Similar Threads - Mistakenly chose Apply

2. My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...: My son mistakenly redeemed his fortnite vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft account. We would like to transfer them over to his account. How do I correct this issue? Thank...
  3. How do I redeem my code for a game purchase mistakenly sent through Xbox instead of my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem my code for a game purchase mistakenly sent through Xbox instead of my...: I can't redeem my code for a game purchase because I tried to redeem it through Xbox instead of my Microsoft account by mistake. Now it won't let me redeem the code on my Windows computer. I don't...
  4. Mistakenly Banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mistakenly Banned: I’ve been on Xbox for 5 years and have gotten barely any com bans but all of a sudden i just got hit with a Permanent Console Ban and a Permanent account Ban With only having 2/8 strikes. I only...
  5. I bought mw3 vault edition but I mistakenly bought the cross grn edition by accident meant...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought mw3 vault edition but I mistakenly bought the cross grn edition by accident meant...: I already bought cod mw3 vault edition but I mistakenly bought the mw3 cross gen edition by mistake meant to gift it to a friend how do I get a refund back? 159766a1-1b96-4f09-ad84-7a25342a7327
  6. Mistakenly reformatted Xbox One harddrive---can this be reversed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mistakenly reformatted Xbox One harddrive---can this be reversed?: Now my hard-drive looks empty. I know technically it is not but how do I go back to the time before I hit " Format" (and why is there no warning of the seemingly dire consequences of the format...
  7. Can I restore a mistakenly deleted Minecraft Dungeons Hero?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I restore a mistakenly deleted Minecraft Dungeons Hero?: Hey I stupidly deleted the wrong hero and lost a hero with over 7000 emeralds! Is this something that can be deleted on Xbox 1? PLEASE HELP! Thanks 04c9a03f-5ae5-43ae-b039-9b15c3cd26a5
  8. mistaken billing for renewal of microsoft casual games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mistaken billing for renewal of microsoft casual games: I paid for a one-year renewal of my subscription to Microsoft Casual Games (e.g. solitaire) in January '21. This would mean no advertisements when I play the games. However, I get a message when...
  9. Just Dance 2017 for Xbox 360 mistaken as Just Dance 2018

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just Dance 2017 for Xbox 360 mistaken as Just Dance 2018: Hi Xbox I was searching for link to buy the Digital copy of Just Dance 2017 for Xbox 360, this link:...
  10. Mistaken refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mistaken refund: I accidentally requested a refund for my Xbox series s that has already been shipped by FedEx. Will I get the item or will they return it? Microsoft sent me a UPS label for the return....