Missing Series X internal SSD

Discus and support Missing Series X internal SSD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a Series X from auction and it's missing the internal SSD. Can I buy another one and get patches from Microsoft to get it working again?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tapiwa Munjoma, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Missing Series X internal SSD

I bought a Series X from auction and it's missing the internal SSD. Can I buy another one and get patches from Microsoft to get it working again?

:)

Tapiwa Munjoma, Feb 14, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft does not sell components to end users ans we cannot assist with self repair. There is no way for the end user to fix this.

If they didn't advise you of the missing SSD i suggest you return it,
  3. Smwutches Win User

Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??

Are you using a Series S/X?

Series S/X optimized games can only run from the internal SSD or an expansion card made specifically for the Series S/X.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

XBox Series X MSFS 2020 Faulty Recordings

Try recording directly to the Xbox Series X internal SSD, to see if the same issue happens, please.
  6. tejo chase Win User

bad idea Xbox Series X shows off its new removable memory card

If they were to put it a bigger ssd internally the price of the series x would rocket so to keep prices at a reasonable level these 1tb ssd drives sold separately and you only need them to play series x games once the internal ssd is full however you can
    still use standard external harddrives to play xbox one 360 and og games from and yoi can also store series x games on them you just cant play the series x games from them so it might mean a little more transfering around of series x games (which will move
    much faster than hames move now) so for a fair while you probably wont even need the plug in ssd drive.
Thema:

1. Missing Series X internal SSD - Similar Threads - Missing Series internal

2. Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?: I've had the Xbox Series X and its controller for around 2 years now. (Probably past the warranty sadly.) I also have many other controllers with analog sticks on them. I've had a Nintendo Switch...
  3. 148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S??

in XBoX on Consoles
    148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S??: I have bought the Xbox Series S during 2021. While then Xbox states that the console has storage of 512GB of storage. When checked (During 2021) It had 320-300GB of storage in it. Now in 2024 its...
  4. My xbox series x wont even load wifi networks, am i missing something?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont even load wifi networks, am i missing something?: As stated above, my series x wont even show wifi networks that are around to connect to. Ive power cycled the xbox, modem, router...everything. i even reset my xbox and it still wont pull up...
  5. Elite series 2 missing seriel on box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 missing seriel on box: I bought 2 elite series 2 controllers and when I got home to register I noticed one box was missing the seriel. Upon registering the devices one of them has an expired warranty. I have sent...
  6. Is there a problem with the metro series? Missing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a problem with the metro series? Missing games: I know I own metro last light I see it in my order history but I've also bought all the other metro games those I don't see but none of them are appearing on my Xbox and the Microsoft store thinks...
  7. Series X full game library missing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X full game library missing?: I had an issue with my internet the other day that I resolved and went to look for a game to download from my library but all it said was “We’re having trouble getting your stuff right now.” I...
  8. I've missed the tv code to set up my xbox series x how do I get it back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've missed the tv code to set up my xbox series x how do I get it back: Cant get my tv code as im setting up xbox series x for the 1st time ee24fd99-a071-49de-8cba-3f54c81f7f96
  9. Missing preorder content Madden 24 Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing preorder content Madden 24 Xbox Series X: I preordered the Deluxe Edition of Madden 24 on Xbox Series X. Like many others, I received my preorder bonuses on the Xbox One version rather than the Xbox Series X version. I need them on the...
  10. Starfield - Missing save files on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield - Missing save files on Xbox Series S: I was playing Starfield on my Xbox Series S. I had more than 100 hours dedicated once i lost my save. For reference i used the quicksave feature and it was working just fine until one day i...