Missing Most Icons or Cover Art from pins, apps, games, etc. on XBOX 360

Discus and support Missing Most Icons or Cover Art from pins, apps, games, etc. on XBOX 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over this week end 7/25/2015 I lost most all of my icons or cover art (not sure of the correct name for these) for games, pins, apps. etc. on my XBOX... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bulk256, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Bulk256
    Bulk256 Guest

Over this week end 7/25/2015 I lost most all of my icons or cover art (not sure of the correct name for these) for games, pins, apps. etc. on my XBOX 360. Microsoft XBOX Live issued an announcement on Saturday 7/25 that they knew of the problem and were
    working to fix it. XBOX live now removed that message and says all services are up. I am still not seeing most all icons. Does any one have a solution to fix this issue?

:)

Bulk256, Jul 27, 2015
  2. Lunarsight
    Lunarsight Guest
    Missing Game Covers for Digital Xbox 360 Games

I'm getting the same symptoms from my XBox 360. I have one with an external USB drive connected. Games are divided between the external USB device and the internal hard drive.

I've noticed over the last week from "My Games", select game images will not load - same thing as you, with just the gray cover and controller logo. It's consistently the same games that do this.

I've tried clearing the cache on both hard drives, checked the network, tried redownloading the games, etc. Nothing fixes it.

I did notice if you PIN one of the games with the cover art missing, the cover art appears fine from the "My Pins" screen.

It seems as though other XBox 360 owners are also experiencing this - I caught a recent conversation on Reddit about this symptom within the last two months.

Lunarsight, Jul 27, 2015
  3. gunshow743
    gunshow743 Guest
    Thumbnails from game library missing

I'm also having this issue. First it started with some games showing the generic xbox live covert art with green swirl while other games' art loads up fine. Clearing the system cache may it somewhat worse as now instead of the generic cover art, I get
    the missing art icon on some games but not others. Also after clearing system cache, the missing cover art is on different games than before where as it used to have cover art. I don't think its related to delisted games because the games showing missing
    cover art are still being sold such as ducktales:remastered and castle crashers.

gunshow743, Jul 27, 2015
  4. B0ngAAA
    B0ngAAA Guest

This is currently known issue and there is nothing you can do with this at the moment. Give it a time there will be fix soon i think. I am having this problem too.

B0ngAAA, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Bulk256
    Bulk256 Guest
    Believe it or not I fixed my own problem...some times writing it down sparks new ideas. I read on the XBOX 360 site that I can reset my XBOX hard drive cache and it clears stored junk without affecting any real game content so I gave it a try AND I FIXED
    IT!

Try this: follow the clear hard drive cache instructions on the XBOX 360 site (I don't want to give any bad instruction here) then shut down the XBOX and restart. I now have all my icons back!!!

Bulk256, Oct 31, 2018
  6. B0ngAAA Win User

This is currently known issue and there is nothing you can do with this at the moment. Give it a time there will be fix soon i think. I am having this problem too.
  7. Bulk256 Win User

Believe it or not I fixed my own problem...some times writing it down sparks new ideas. I read on the XBOX 360 site that I can reset my XBOX hard drive cache and it clears stored junk without affecting any real game content so I gave it a try AND I FIXED
    IT!

Try this: follow the clear hard drive cache instructions on the XBOX 360 site (I don't want to give any bad instruction here) then shut down the XBOX and restart. I now have all my icons back!!!
  8. Lunarsight Win User

Missing Game Covers for Digital Xbox 360 Games

I'm getting the same symptoms from my XBox 360. I have one with an external USB drive connected. Games are divided between the external USB device and the internal hard drive.

I've noticed over the last week from "My Games", select game images will not load - same thing as you, with just the gray cover and controller logo. It's consistently the same games that do this.

I've tried clearing the cache on both hard drives, checked the network, tried redownloading the games, etc. Nothing fixes it.

I did notice if you PIN one of the games with the cover art missing, the cover art appears fine from the "My Pins" screen.

It seems as though other XBox 360 owners are also experiencing this - I caught a recent conversation on Reddit about this symptom within the last two months.
  9. gunshow743 Win User

Thumbnails from game library missing

I'm also having this issue. First it started with some games showing the generic xbox live covert art with green swirl while other games' art loads up fine. Clearing the system cache may it somewhat worse as now instead of the generic cover art, I get
    the missing art icon on some games but not others. Also after clearing system cache, the missing cover art is on different games than before where as it used to have cover art. I don't think its related to delisted games because the games showing missing
    cover art are still being sold such as ducktales:remastered and castle crashers.
  10. Nightcaster460 Win User

cover arts won't load only the xbox live cover is showed up

Same issue kind of. My quake arena arcade game won't show the cover art in my games, just a grey area with the games icon (xbox controller). In my pins, it shows the game cover perfectly....what the heck. I'm not doing the clearing cache thing....please
    fix it.
Thema:

1. Missing Most Icons or Cover Art from pins, apps, games, etc. on XBOX 360 - Similar Threads - Missing Icons Cover

2. Missing components for the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing components for the xbox app: [img] I've tried to update it, repair it, reset it and reinstall it but this pops up everytime I open this app [img] e6eef009-e70c-422d-b54e-e48d85737bda
  3. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  4. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  5. missing launcher_profiles,json for .minecraft in %appdata%

in XBoX on Windows
    missing launcher_profiles,json for .minecraft in %appdata%: Minecraft launcher wouldn't open so i watched a tutorial saying to delete launcher_profiles.json so i did and that didn't work so I tried to reinstall the launcher but now I'm missing that folder...
  6. elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks: Hello, I received my new Elite 2 Core a few days ago. Right out of the box, I noticed that the A button misses a click and does not register it. It happens with the X, Y, and B buttons as well,...
  7. Xbox app bonus points missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app bonus points missing: This recent week, I've noticed the Xbox app quests are missing and the play a game for jeweled quest has been reduced from 50pts a day to only 5pts, which makes it pointless to bother given the...
  8. I'm missing 300GB of storage, why

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm missing 300GB of storage, why: I have a Xbox series S and I'm missing roughly 300GB of storage I know at most 100 is going to not be used because of various things, but that's still 200 that I can't use, all I have is brotato,...
  9. Minecraft Launcher icon is missing on desktop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher icon is missing on desktop.: Instead, it shows a paper icon. I tried re-installing and creating the shortcut from Xbox app, but it's still missing. any idea why? [img] 416af5ba-f82f-4596-b0bd-e23ce813a2d3
  10. Miss xbox application icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Miss xbox application icon: Unknown what is going on, missing this icon details and the titles Based on insider xbox system version: rs_xbox_release_2008.200811-0000 [img] [img] 48a8d626-c6b5-4682-a792-ffe0a0928e9b