Missing Game Bar Settings

Discus and support Missing Game Bar Settings in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have virtually no settings in my game bar settings on windows 11. I've also recently reset my PC so that clearly didn't fix it. Please help. It's not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KadenWolfe, Dec 21, 2023.

1. KadenWolfe
    KadenWolfe Guest

I have virtually no settings in my game bar settings on windows 11. I've also recently reset my PC so that clearly didn't fix it. Please help. It's not letting me screen record, and I need to for my gaming purposes. My settings page for game bar

:)

KadenWolfe, Dec 21, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello, I'm sorry that the solution did not work, I will assign it to a support user to help you better, good luck and happy day.
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, independent advisor Miller recommends the following steps for a solution.

Option 1: Reconfigure the Windows Store.

1. Download and run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps and Store.

2. Manually restore store settings:

a) Press Windows +R keys to open the Run window.

b) Type wsreset.exe and press the Enter key to execute the command.

3. Wait for the process to finish, restart your computer and check that it has been solved.

Option 2: Install updates from Windows Update.

1. On Start, type updates and select the option called Check for updates.
    2. Click the Check for Updates button.

3. Wait for the process to finish and restart your computer.

Option 3: Fix Windows errors with the following tools.

1. Perform a clean boot with the following step by step:

a) Click the Start button, type msconfig and click on the application that appears there.

b) Click on the Services tab.

c) Activate the Hide all Microsoft services option and disable all services that are not essential for the operation of Windows. You should avoid disabling important services such as processor drivers, display, sound, and Office applications.

d) Then, click on the Apply and OK buttons. Then click Restart to apply the changes.

2. Once you have started clean. Uninstall the other antivirus you have installed and Windows Defender will be activated automatically.

3. Fix Windows corruption errors with DISM or System Update Readiness tool.

4. Maintain your Windows 10 files and settings using the SFC command.

5. Restart your computer and check that it has been resolved.

Option 4: Set programs to start automatically.

1. To configure the programs that run when your computer starts, please right-click on a free space on the Taskbar. Then, select the option called Task Manager.

2. Once in Task Manager, click on each of the programs to select them. Then click on the Disable button.

Important note: Keep in mind, avoid disabling programs that are associated with processor, screen, sound and Office application drivers.

Option 5: configure the system time, language and region.

1. Click the Home button and select the option called Settings.
    2. Select the option called Time and Language.
    3. Set the Time Zone:
    4. Then configure the Country or region:
    5. Finally, restart your computer and check that it has been solved.

Option 6: Detailed maintenance to the Start menu, Cortana, applications and Windows Store.

Please follow all the repair methods and tips in the link below: Store, Start Menu, Cortana not working like other built-in apps in Windows 10.

Option 7: Additional Game Bar settings.

• Check the Game Bar settings: If nothing happens when you press the [Windows] + [G] keys. Go to Home > Xbox > Settings > Game DVR. Next, make sure the Record game clips and screenshots with Game DVR option is activated.

• If you are playing a game in full screen, the Game Bar will not be displayed. Press the [Windows] + [Alt] + [R] keys to start recording the clip. If you want to stop, press the keys again. You will see the screen flash when the recording starts and ends. If you have already switched to background recording, press the [Windows] + [Alt] + [G] keys to record the last 30 seconds.

• Some games block the [Windows] key, but you can create your own keyboard shortcuts for the Game Bar. Go to Home > Xbox > Settings > Game DVR. Next, modify the values in the section called Keyboard Shortcuts. When you're done, click the Save button.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/92da782a-40c1-418e-b0dd-c3ed309e37e0

I hope to be of great help to solve your problem.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  4. KadenWolfe Win User

Thanks for the detailed response. It didn't help the issue and I still don't have any of the settings pop up. I can access the game bar but it won't let me screen record or edit screen recording settings which are what I need.
  5. Eagle C M F Win User

windows 10 xbox app beta mic sensitivity

so when you go to the game bar. then go to setting and audio. you see mic sensitivity there? i'm totally missing something.
  6. Shade M3 Win User

missing my games

i am also missing the "my games" section in my top scroll bar
Thema:

1. Missing Game Bar Settings - Similar Threads - Missing Game Bar

2. XBOX GAMES SERVICES MISSING

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX GAMES SERVICES MISSING: Hello, I am having a problem about missing several services that would help me connect to xbox live service and I would like to know where I could download them. For reason unknow, I cannot post...
  3. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  4. Fable 2 french missing in the game but shows in microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Fable 2 french missing in the game but shows in microsoft store: Hi, I want to play Fable 2 in french like I did on my Xbox 360 back then. In the Microsoft Store fable 2 game page, it show 13 languages including french but in the game, it show only 5 languages...
  5. Some of my game achievements are missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Some of my game achievements are missing: So I like to play allots of games for the achievements and when I did it I didn’t say that I unlocked it it been 4 years now I haven’t gotten it yet is there a fixed ???...
  6. Any Chance These Missing Games become available (Backwards Compatible; Remaster/Remake/Reboot)?

in XboX Insiders
    Any Chance These Missing Games become available (Backwards Compatible; Remaster/Remake/Reboot)?: Alter Echo Army of Two: The 40th Day (EA) Army of Two: Devil’s Cartel (EA) Batman: Arkham Origins* Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (Activision) Cold Fear (Ubisoft) Condemned 2: Bloodshot (Sega)...
  7. Xbox Game Bar is missing the Social tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar is missing the Social tab: I quite often use Xbox Game Bar to hop into parties with my Xbox friends while on PC, Today randomly, I tried to look at my friends that were online via Game Bar and the Social tab didn't exist. I...
  8. XBOX GAME BAR WIDGETS ARE MISSING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME BAR WIDGETS ARE MISSING: Computer: ryzen 5 5600x rtx 3060ti ram 16giga 3200mhz After formatting my SSD's and re-installation windows 10 Home, the Xbox Game Bar performance tab and other options are missing. Only the...
  9. Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar installed but missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar installed but missing: I tried accessing Xbox game bar via the windows key + G and nothing opened. This has happened previously and I was able to fix it by doing a repair or rest in the Windows settings, except this...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Captures Suddenly Missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Captures Suddenly Missing: Windows 10, currently 11 I believe this happened around December last year. My captures suddenly went missing. I were still able to find and view them in my gallery and in my folder around then...