Minesweeper

Discus and support Minesweeper in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Minesweeper stopped working on Jan 1 2024. Now that the holiday is over can I expect this to be fixed? Yes, I repaired and reset the app, multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Perry Cromer, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Perry Cromer
    Perry Cromer Guest

Minesweeper

Minesweeper stopped working on Jan 1 2024. Now that the holiday is over can I expect this to be fixed? Yes, I repaired and reset the app, multiple times and yes, I rebooted my computer. Others are having the same issue.

Thank you.

:)

Perry Cromer, Jan 2, 2024
  2. PeterCrawford4 Win User

unable to play minesweeper

I only had minesweeper, I have loaded mahjong, it plays ok. Minesweeper still immediately fails to the error code

Cheers
  3. jh51681 Win User

Adventure boot out and reinstalling - good news

Right-click on Minesweeper and click Uninstall.

To reinstall you can search for it with Games or Store, or just start typing the word Minesweeper at the Start menu screen.
  4. I_Rufus Win User

Minesweeper no longer working

Hello CarTzy,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Something interesting/new/strange to me happened as I was trying out each Solution/suggestion.

For each solution, from 1 to 3, I would follow the instructions and then try loading Minesweeper. The result was the same: nothing changed. I then closed Minesweeper. I then moved on to the next solution.

I did the same for solution 4 except that I forgot to close Minesweeper. I started to write a detailed description of my efforts to post as this reply. A short time later, when I returned to try solution 5, I noticed that I had not closed minesweeper. When I clicked the icon, I found that Minesweeper was open. Not only that, I played a couple of the daily challenges.

I then closed Minesweeper and shut down the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I next opened Microsoft Solitaire Collection, clicked on Minesweeper and waited. The big white opening window appeared but nothing else happened. I waited. After a few minutes the intro page disappeared and the game options appeared. I played one or two and then shut down Minesweeper. I then repeated that process several times: start Minesweeper, wait until the game options appear, play one or two options, shut down Minesweeper. I repeated that 5 more times, but timing each process. The times between the appearance of the opening window and its disappearance – and the ability to play Minesweeper – ranged from 1:20 to 3:01. I have repeated the process several times and it always eventually brings up the Minesweeper options.

So, thanks for your efforts to help but I think something else may be happening. I have no idea. Do you or any other readers?

Thanks again.
  5. Hi4711 Win User

0xC03F300D error code logging in to Microsoft Mahjong

Today I've installed the latest Windows 10 update and still getting the error signing in to Microsoft Minesweeper. The restore down/maximize button is missing from Minesweeper window.
  6. MessaMarco Win User

game apps crashingd

Same issue for me! Once update from win8 pro to win8.1 pro, minesweeper always crashes on start. Green screen with minesweeper and MS logo, and then back to desktop.
Thema:

Minesweeper

1. Minesweeper - Similar Threads - Minesweeper

2. How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?: I downloaded the new version, but i hate it. I want to revert it back. How do i do it? And no, i don't wanna hear "OoH iTs SoO gOoD" . I wanna revert to the windows 8 version with the adventure...
  3. Why won't minesweeper start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't minesweeper start?: For two days Minesweeper has failed to start, on two different PC's. It just sits with the opening animation of the mine around the flag in the lower right without starting. I have repaired,...
  4. Microsoft Minesweeper will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper will not start: hi, Microsoft Minesweeper will not start since first of january 2024. I cannot play the game, the startscreen will rotate the bomb for hours. The GameBar is properly logged in, the Xbox-App works...
  5. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  6. Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app: Hello, I have the app installed through the "Microsoft Store", on Windows 11 (v22H2, OS Build 22621.2428). I've tried to remedy the below by uninstalling / reinstalling, but no change. 1/...
  7. Is it possible to upload my game progress in MS Minesweeper

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to upload my game progress in MS Minesweeper: Hi, i made some progress in minesweeper guest account. But i need to reboot my pc for a reason and i know that if i reboot, my progress will be deleted. So, is there any way to save my guest...
  8. Minesweeper Level Advancement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper Level Advancement: I've reached Minesweeper level 500 (Gold Grandmaster) but no matter how many games I play now the level doesn't change. I assumed Diamond Grandmaster was a possibility and then an indefinite...
  9. What Happened To Minesweeper Adventure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Happened To Minesweeper Adventure?: I fired up my Minesweeper game on my Windows 11 PC the other day (6/8/23 I think) to find that the game loader interface was completely changed. When I attempted to play Minesweeper Adventure it...
  10. Microsoft Minesweeper Adventure tableau overflows bottom of window.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper Adventure tableau overflows bottom of window.: This morning for the first time opened Microsoft Minesweeper and got new interfaces. Selected Adventure. Game tableau loads correctly, but overflows the bottom of the window. Unable to find any...