Minesweeper Adventure Mode - problems with resolution 1600x900 (or maybe widescreen at all?)

Discus and support Minesweeper Adventure Mode - problems with resolution 1600x900 (or maybe widescreen at all?) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, as already stated in this thread, according to my discoveries Adventure Mode seems to have a problem with the resolution of 1600x900. The right... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sampleman, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Sampleman
    Sampleman Guest

Minesweeper Adventure Mode - problems with resolution 1600x900 (or maybe widescreen at all?)

Hi,

as already stated in this thread, according to my discoveries Adventure Mode seems to have a problem with the resolution of 1600x900.

The right side is not rendered completely, making it impossible to finish the game without risking lives (or finally die) as I neither see the blocks, nor the exit, nor my player. Only the background is showing (see the other thread for screenshots).

This problem only occurs for me in that resolution. If I use my second monitor with a non-widescreen resolution (1280x1024), the problem doesn't occur.

Anyone else having this problem?

:)

Sampleman, Apr 5, 2015
  2. Sampleman
    Sampleman Guest
    Adventure mode Lvl15 doesn't show fields anymore and stops scrolling

OK, something I found out: On my second monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024 the problem never occurs.

On my laptop display with 1600x900 it occurs very frequently. Therefore my assumption is, that Adventure Mode seems to have a problem with this specifical resolution. As it may not be read within this thread (and the original title doesn't fit anymore),
    I'll create a new thread.

Sampleman, Apr 5, 2015
  3. Adventure Mode crash bug. Update please?

Are you referring to Treasure Hunt (the standalone app) or Adventure Mode (the mode within Microsoft Minesweeper)?

BarbarossaBlade, Apr 5, 2015
  4. LightYoung
    LightYoung Guest

Hi! I have the same problem with you....Have you solved this problem?

LightYoung, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Loogetti
    Loogetti Guest
    Yes, I'm seeing the same issue here. Not played this version before, but just upgraded to Win10 from Win7 and have the same problem, right hand end of the game has the background and twinkles from gold but nothing else.

Loogetti, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Loogetti
    Loogetti Guest
    ..... although doesn't seem to matter what resolution I ask my laptop to use, always the same issue. Works fine on my desktop.

Loogetti, Aug 1, 2015
  7. DavidFreitag
    DavidFreitag Guest
    I am having the same issues at any resolution.

DavidFreitag, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Minesweeper Adventure Mode - problems with resolution 1600x900 (or maybe widescreen at all?)

I am having the same problem on my laptop. Tried restarting, uninstall/reinstall followed by restarting, clearing the cache, different resolutions. Nothing helps.

KarenBlankenship, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Laptop HP Pavilian, resolution 1366x768. I have the same problem. Changing the resolution does not help.

PLAZA ArtDesign, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Hi! The same problem on my wife's Asus laptop. Resolution 1366x768. Right side of the window does not show in full screen mode. By changing the size of the window (namely, setting it very narrow) one can show the right side. My wife insists on rolling back
    to Windows 8.1. I think it is the best solution - who knows what other surprises they have in their sleeves with this Windows 10?

StylishFeline14, Aug 3, 2015
  11. Sampleman
    Sampleman Guest
    I haven't solved it, but as you state there are other resolutions with the same problem, it supports my idea, that it has to do something with widescreen resolutions.

One thing that works for me (but is really annoying) is to zoom in as far as possible with the mouse wheel. Then you only see very few blocks at once, but at least all blocks are rendered correctly.

Sampleman, Aug 4, 2015
  12. DraKay
    DraKay Guest
    I have the same problem, and my father also have this problem in the Treasure Hunt game.

DraKay, Aug 6, 2015
  13. Sampleman
    Sampleman Guest

Yes, as Treasure Hunt uses the same system / engine, it suffers from the same problems.

Sudoku btw has another issue which might have the same reason:

The ads are misplaced to the left by about the same amount of screen space as is missing to the right in minesweeper.

This results in the ads always being placed above the play board making it unplayable as well.

Sampleman, Nov 1, 2018
  14. StylishFeline14 Win User

Hi! The same problem on my wife's Asus laptop. Resolution 1366x768. Right side of the window does not show in full screen mode. By changing the size of the window (namely, setting it very narrow) one can show the right side. My wife insists on rolling back
    to Windows 8.1. I think it is the best solution - who knows what other surprises they have in their sleeves with this Windows 10?
  15. LightYoung Win User

Hi! I have the same problem with you....Have you solved this problem?
  16. DavidFreitag Win User

I am having the same issues at any resolution.
  17. Loogetti Win User

Yes, I'm seeing the same issue here. Not played this version before, but just upgraded to Win10 from Win7 and have the same problem, right hand end of the game has the background and twinkles from gold but nothing else.
  18. Sampleman Win User

Yes, as Treasure Hunt uses the same system / engine, it suffers from the same problems.

Sudoku btw has another issue which might have the same reason:

The ads are misplaced to the left by about the same amount of screen space as is missing to the right in minesweeper.

This results in the ads always being placed above the play board making it unplayable as well.
Thema:

1. Minesweeper Adventure Mode - problems with resolution 1600x900 (or maybe widescreen at all?) - Similar Threads - Minesweeper Adventure Mode

2. How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?: I downloaded the new version, but i hate it. I want to revert it back. How do i do it? And no, i don't wanna hear "OoH iTs SoO gOoD" . I wanna revert to the windows 8 version with the adventure...
  3. Why won't minesweeper start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't minesweeper start?: For two days Minesweeper has failed to start, on two different PC's. It just sits with the opening animation of the mine around the flag in the lower right without starting. I have repaired,...
  4. Minesweeper

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper: Minesweeper stopped working on Jan 1 2024. Now that the holiday is over can I expect this to be fixed? Yes, I repaired and reset the app, multiple times and yes, I rebooted my computer. Others are...
  5. Microsoft Minesweeper will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper will not start: hi, Microsoft Minesweeper will not start since first of january 2024. I cannot play the game, the startscreen will rotate the bomb for hours. The GameBar is properly logged in, the Xbox-App works...
  6. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  7. Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app: Hello, I have the app installed through the "Microsoft Store", on Windows 11 (v22H2, OS Build 22621.2428). I've tried to remedy the below by uninstalling / reinstalling, but no change. 1/...
  8. Is it possible to upload my game progress in MS Minesweeper

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to upload my game progress in MS Minesweeper: Hi, i made some progress in minesweeper guest account. But i need to reboot my pc for a reason and i know that if i reboot, my progress will be deleted. So, is there any way to save my guest...
  9. What Happened To Minesweeper Adventure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Happened To Minesweeper Adventure?: I fired up my Minesweeper game on my Windows 11 PC the other day (6/8/23 I think) to find that the game loader interface was completely changed. When I attempted to play Minesweeper Adventure it...
  10. Microsoft Minesweeper Adventure tableau overflows bottom of window.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper Adventure tableau overflows bottom of window.: This morning for the first time opened Microsoft Minesweeper and got new interfaces. Selected Adventure. Game tableau loads correctly, but overflows the bottom of the window. Unable to find any...