Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

Discus and support Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by w0nd3rb0y, Nov 26, 2023.

1. w0nd3rb0y
    w0nd3rb0y Guest

Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

Hello,

Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One. Both have the same Online safety settings:

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live - Allow

You can create and join clubs - Allow

Broadcast gameplay - Block

You can share content made using Kinect or another camera - Block

Others can share your content to social networks - Block

You can join multiplayer games - Allow

You can add friends - Allow

Additionally, the Xbox Family app, under "Enable Minecraft", is telling me that multiplayer settings allow my child to play Minecraft online with others. Obviously this is not the case...

When they are trying to play Minecraft, they are receiving a message, "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." They are able to see a friend online, notated by a "1" on the "Friends" tab, but cannot see who that friend is or join their game.

I have looked into this already, but most advisors are just telling the poster to check the privacy settings, which has been done. Considering there is a whole section in the Family app regarding Minecraft, is there something else that Microsoft is controlling here that would block multiplayer? Minecraft has really taken a dive under Microsoft's watch, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Thank you in advance.

:)

w0nd3rb0y, Nov 26, 2023
  2. Sophia Kotopka Win User

Xbox live gold problem.

It says this when I try to play online, “you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up”
  3. xXSabbrinahXx Win User

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft
    account is set up." Help?
    Plsssss :((
  4. xXSabbrinahXx Win User

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft
    account is set up." Help?
    Plsssss :((
  5. weaselteat Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up.

I wanted to play Minecraft PS4 servers but when i signed into my Microsoft account i couldn't play servers because of the message that popped up "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." please help me resolve
    this problem because i have nothing on my account restricting this type of play.

Please send advice quickly as possible.
    I have the same issue with my children’s accounts. No matter what settings I change, they cannot play with me on my realm.

This is infuriating especially since it’s only affecting minecraft. I can play other multiplayer games with them, though.
  6. Will Harrod Win User

I cant join minecraft realms and changing my privacy settings wont work please help

It is more of a message than error but it says "You cannot play on realms because of how your microsoft account is set up. Please ensure your online saftey settings allow multiplayer and clubs. See instructions for changing these settings as aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp."
Thema:

1. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set... - Similar Threads - Minecraft cannot play

2. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  3. I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends: I have read multiple tutorials, and as per microsoft you have changed the GUI for family safety. There is no "content restriction" site anymore on family safety. This is where It was recommended...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...: I am logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft java edition has been bought already, but when I click the game and then click the play button, a screen pops up that says create username, when...
  6. Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up: At my wits end here. I just bought Minecraft in the xbox store. I've set all my privacy settings to allow, and I don't have a child account, but I can't play minecraft multiplayer. It says "Cannot...
  7. Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it: I purchased Minecraft Java a long time ago and redeemed the bedrock edition. I recently migrated my mojang account to a microsoft account. However, now in the minecraft launcher, only Java edition...
  8. My account got overtaken by another, and now i cannot play minecraft java

in XBoX on Windows
    My account got overtaken by another, and now i cannot play minecraft java: I am looking for compensation as this does not seem like my fault as I never gave out my password and someone using security info *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  9. I cannot play Minecraft on my PS5 anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot play Minecraft on my PS5 anymore.: I tried to login to Minecraft after not playing for a few months bc all of my friends in my group are starting a Realm together. I am completely unable to login on my PS5 and after completing the...
  10. CANNOT get my sons xbox at my house to play multiplayer on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CANNOT get my sons xbox at my house to play multiplayer on minecraft: My sons xbox series s at his mothers allows him to play minecraft multiplayer and realms, but will not allow him to on his xbox one at my house, it says "you cannot play on realms because of how...